Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smoothbig

Does everyone wash their hands with SOAP before they apply BP and Moisturiser?

does it make a big difference? i just noticed this on the video and have always done it this way, just rinse with water dry hands and apply.

does it make a big difference? i just noticed this on the video and have always done it this way, just rinse with water dry hands and apply.

i was with anti bacterial soap, for obvious reasons. I suggest you do the same as well.

i was with anti bacterial soap, for obvious reasons. I suggest you do the same as well.

i would avoid anything antibacterial. all u do is create problems for us later on. i.e creating bacteria resistant to this stuff. we already have problems with things resistent to antibiotics. SO DON'T DO IT!

but yeah i wash with soap to make sure my hands are clean

i wash my hands with any soap there, usually a dove one

then do the regimen

an after each step i wash hands

i wash my hands with any soap there, usually a dove one

then do the regimen

an after each step i wash hands

same here,water alone wont clean your hands.

considering ur washing ur face with a soap or say cetaphil, wouldnt u be cleaning ur hands at the same time? cetaphil on hands and face... and when u rinse ur hands off.. its clean.. as well as ur face ofcourse.

inbetween steps, u may go do something else tho. so depending on what u touch, u may want to wash with soap before applying bp or lotion

considering ur washing ur face with a soap or say cetaphil, wouldnt u be cleaning ur hands at the same time? cetaphil on hands and face... and when u rinse ur hands off.. its clean.. as well as ur face ofcourse.

soap for your face doesn't kill jerms that are on your hands.they just clear off the crap on your face.they dont do much more

I never did wash my hands with soap unless I finished gardening work or training or something else...

However, I find that the blanket you pat dry your face with has to be cleaned/washed maybe at least once a week (I used to wash it once every 2 weeks because I got lazy). And don't use body towels as I once did. I sure learned from my ways...

lol. okay i use body towels and i dont do anything in between apart from wait. i might touch a few buttons on the keyboard or mouse, im careful not to do too much. and then i rinse.

i spose the question is does it make a big difference, has anyone seen a big difference on their acne, or are just posting what they do or thihnk they should do.

I doubt it makes any difference at all, think some people may be a little paranoid about bacteria but we have tons of the stuff living naturally on our skin all the time. You can be OVER clean..

Alot of hospitals have this problem with bacteria and virus's becoming immune to treatments because we try to treat and clean everything.

Unless your hands look physcially dirty i would think water should be enough specially since your using cleansers in the bath / on your face.

Hmm...... I only use water, but I think my hands are pretty clean.

Before I apply these things, I wash my face first. Obviously my hands are going to get its own share of soap :)

Then after drying, I just make sure my fingers dont touch anything for 1-2 minutes, then proceed to apply bp/moisturiser.