Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

is yoghurt counted as dairy like milk , cheese , butter ?

Yes.

will it aggravate acne?

It depends. If it's organic yogurt (or kefir, even better), it should be fine. If you can get it from goat's milk, that's better than cow's milk.

Leah, have you ever tried Goat Yogurt? I'm not arguing whether or not it's beneficial / better then cow's milk, but I saw some at the store the other week so curiously I picked some up. The stuff is grossss. I like goat cheese on certain things, but god that yogurt was vile... This is coming from someone who likes the taste of kefir a lot too.

Anyways, to each their own. You drink goat milk don't you? I wish I could handle that taste... It for sure is better for you then cow's milk and isn't plagued by the same problems like growth hormones, etc.

If you eat yogurt, get the whole milk kind. Studies have correlated low fat milk with acne, but not whole milk. It is thought that the animal fats raise estrogen, so you won't get the oil slick response. You'll also be getting a good source of fat soluble vitamin A.

Leah, have you ever tried Goat Yogurt? I'm not arguing whether or not it's beneficial / better then cow's milk, but I saw some at the store the other week so curiously I picked some up. The stuff is grossss. I like goat cheese on certain things, but god that yogurt was vile... This is coming from someone who likes the taste of kefir a lot too.

Anyways, to each their own. You drink goat milk don't you? I wish I could handle that taste... It for sure is better for you then cow's milk and isn't plagued by the same problems like growth hormones, etc.

I've never bought goat's milk yogurt, but I make kefir from goat's milk. It tastes fine to me. I tried my goat's milk plain, and it does taste a bit funny, but I never even liked regular milk anyway. After I make into kefir, it doesn't taste any different to me than cow's milk kefir. But I do usually add fruit and honey or maple syrup to it.