Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BooDoop

Be good to me, ACCUTANE!!

I started Accutane today. I'm so excited, but nervous about this whole thing at the same time. My derm perscribed me 20 mg a day for my 1st month, which seems really low to me. Is it normal to start that low? I'm 5'8 and 125 lbs. I really hope this is a positive experience for me, and it gets rid of my damn acne. Anyway, I'll be updating regularly so feel free to comment ;)

I started Accutane today. I'm so excited, but nervous about this whole thing at the same time. My derm perscribed me 20 mg a day for my 1st month, which seems really low to me. Is it normal to start that low? I'm 5'8 and 125 lbs. I really hope this is a positive experience for me, and it gets rid of my damn acne. Anyway, I'll be updating regularly so feel free to comment ;)

Hi boodop..

Good luck on your journey..

I also started at 20 mg/day..

Be prepared with good moisturizer and use a gentle cleanser such as Cetaphil..

I guess > 50% of people in this log are using Cetaphil.. ^_^..

ANd don't forget lip moisturizer..

All the best

DAY 3

so far so good. Although i am noticing little flakes of skin on my chin. What kind of moisturizer is best when on accutane?? Also, when do most people get the initial breakout, if you did get one?? thanks!

DAY 4

I have some new pimples. I cant tell if this is IB or if its just my shitty skin because the accutane hasnt kicked in yet. I picked at my skin today too :wall: its so hard to stop that!

I use just a plain ole moisurizer, Some oil of olay thing I got for free. It works for me but my skin wasn't super dry. You may have to play around to see what works best. Good luck with accutane!

UPDATE... not sure what day it is

I got in a car accident last weekend, im fine but i got pretty bad whiplash and i hit my knees really hard.

I noticed that i have these really tiny little bumps all over my cheeks, nothing noticable really, but i can feel them and see them when close enough to the mirror and under light. i wonder what that is.

UPDATE... not sure what day it is

I got in a car accident last weekend, im fine but i got pretty bad whiplash and i hit my knees really hard.

I noticed that i have these really tiny little bumps all over my cheeks, nothing noticable really, but i can feel them and see them when close enough to the mirror and under light. i wonder what that is.

hey I'm sorry to hear that you had a car accident..hope everthing is alright ;)

I've some of these little bumps too..I don't know exactly what they are....Belike small clogged pores or something...some of them grow and become zits the other ones abate..

When you search google with the keyword clogged pores you'll find some information and pics...belike its what you mean?

All the Best!

DAY 21.. i believe

yay my skin is starting to really smooth out! i still have zits, but the over all texture is definately smoothing out. The red marks are another story. good lord. stupid red marks make it look like you have zits when you dont. go away red marks.

Hey BooDoop,

I an in my third month ans still get red marks, I don't know what to do to make them go away. I have this Neutrogena Acne mark stuff which I bought before I started the 'tane so maybe I will give it a shot.

Good Luck on your journey

mac