Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
figo

how many of you exercise ??

XER-SizE.  

36 members have voted

1. 1. how many have intense* exercise prog??

• Yes.. Intense ..
    • Not intense/not at all

Def:

1. Intense: basically, you need a towel to wipe off sweat each time. (at least 4 times a week)

no sweat = not intense.

I realize this has been asked again and again, but please, ... it just takes couple of clicks, thanks in advance. :clap:

also , if u have time and answer is yes, plz tell when u started ur program. thank you.

note:sorry about grammer/spellin. :doh:

the reason im askin this question is that, my face honestly gets ALOT better ( 95% clear) after 2-3 weeks of intense work out / cardio , but im too lazy to stick to it (and right now membership is expired), but if u also think it has connection, hey .. i'm gonna go everyday..

right now im on day 2 /21 of runnin around a track near where i live, if i see improvments , i'll sign up to gym again. so .... am i wastin my time or wut ??? thanks again.

Trust me when i say that my acne used to be HORRIBLE to what it is now, since i started working out again like last year, and since then the routines (5 days a week for me) produce a lot of sweat and i doubt its a waste of time. Staying in great physical shape and reducing acne is pretty great to think about.

Dont stop

i exercise 6 days a week (monday i take off) for 30 mins+ everytime

my skin is almost 100% clear (thanks to dan), but i dont think it has ever had anything to do with me working out

With the summer months approaching I had to get my butt into shape so I started to do 20 minutes of cardio every other day... i jump-rope lol... sounds kinda dumb but I like that I can do it in the privacy of my own home (instead of looking retarded as I jog around the block :rolleyes: )

I think that exercise is good for you and personally, even if it worsened my acne I would still do it. I think that you should break into a sweat when you work out... gets those endorphines going and therefore you feel more confident about yourself afterwards :D

I do 35 minutes of high intensity cardio 4-6 times a week. I usually use an elliptical or in the summer I just run.....

I lift 3-4 times a week. I alternate between high reps lower weight and low reps and high weight. I've been lifiting for years and I have great muscle stregnth and endurance for a woman of my size (barely 5' and 105lbs).

Working out has no effect whatsoever on my acne......

I was doing weights and cardio, but I started hating the gym. Now I'm hiking and doing power yoga. I grew up doing gymnastics so yoga comes naturally to me. I'm thinking of teaching it in the future. My mother is a personal trainer and my father used to compete in triathalons so I can't let them down and become a couch potato.

I do INTENSE dancing.. When I come home from school I am often VERY stressed out.. so I listen to fast yet beautiful music... and I treat the dancing as a form of art and stress reliever.. Often after a while of this I am so worn out that I almost faint.. or vomit.

I think when I keep more active it really does help my skin.. it seems like the pimples heal a little faster when I do excercise.. but maybe I'm wrong.. i don't know.

I exercise six days a week- I've teamed Sunday my "day of rest" lol- (as well as very closely watching my caloric intake) for about 25-30 minutes a day on my stationary bike. I make sure to burn 200-250 calories a day. I'm not completely sure if it's helping with my acne or not, but I've noticed my face is less red and enflamed. But I'm not sure if it's because I've stopped all SA products and switched to a mild zinc formula. Also I'm eating a helluva lot better than I was and started incorporating foods I haven't eaten in months back into my diet. But any way you put it, exercise can't hurt!

4-5 days a week for me, high intensity cardio (running/elliptical/biking) for an hour. i also do light weights, pushups and pullups to maintain upper body strength/tone.

most definitely, positively helps with my skin. weeks when i'm sick, too tired or don't make it to the gym enough - my skin is worse.

slowly getting back into it.. lost a lot of weight when I took 3 months off. I do 45 mins of weights 15 mins or so of cardio.. I pyramid weight up and reps down.. so 12-10-8 in reps and say for chest id do 50-60-70 with freeweights. Awesome way to build strength.

With the summer months approaching I had to get my butt into shape so I started to do 20 minutes of cardio every other day... i jump-rope lol... sounds kinda dumb but I like that I can do it in the privacy of my own home (instead of looking retarded as I jog around the block :rolleyes: )

Do one-legged squats if you wanna get your butt into shape.

jumping rope is FUN try doing double unders and arm criss crosses.

slowly getting back into it.. lost a lot of weight when I took 3 months off. I do 45 mins of weights 15 mins or so of cardio.. I pyramid weight up and reps down.. so 12-10-8 in reps and say for chest id do 50-60-70 with freeweights. Awesome way to build strength.

45mins of weights? lol, what's your routine?

I run 8-10 km about 4-5 days a week. I usually go first thing in the morning, and on days that I don't run I feel kind of depressed or something. It's weird.

I run 8-10 km about 4-5 days a week. I usually go first thing in the morning, and on days that I don't run I feel kind of depressed or something. It's weird.

And how does it affect your skin / what difference do you see in the off season?

Run outside. Somewhere scenic. Running around a track stinks. Whenever I run a lot my skin gets better. Running outside is a lot better than at the gym. Exercise does help! It lowers stress hormons in your body therefore helping decrease acne. It also just makes you feel better about yourself. I LOVE running!

Do one-legged squats if you wanna get your butt into shape.

jumping rope is FUN try doing double unders and arm criss crosses.

45mins of weights? lol, what's your routine?

I just do two muscle groups, 3-4 different exercises, 3 sets each. whats funny about that. I went from 145ish to 168 and pretty much doubled my strength in most categories