Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just got my Retin A today (.025%). It seems like everybody who has tried it has had the initial breakout. I've been able to get rid of some of my acne, put my doctor prescribed it to get rid of the rest and the red marks. I just want to know how severe the breakout was for the people who've tried it?

i am on retin a micro .1% (at night) and BP during the day.

my acne is usually mild to moderate and my IB was like 10 whiteheads and 2 cysts (i usually have like 5 small spots and 1 cyst on any given day) I had my IB at week 4 or so and i am now on week 5 and my skin is clearer than ever...one small active pimple on my forehead and a lot of red marks that are fading. retin a helped a lot with my fading of red marks.

the IB was really quick especially for the amount of acne i had...everything was clear within 1 week (everything appeared within 2 days of each other, but was all gone in about 5 days including the cyst which has left behind a red mark that hopefully retina will take care of) i also had flaky skin but i think my skin is now used to the retin a.

i recommend it and it was worth the IB. hopefully i wont get another IB.

Hi. I went on Retin-A .025% for mild acne, and I broke out 100 x worse than I ever have in my entire life. It was terrible... I just wanted to stay inside and cry - ok, so I did stay inside and cry.. lol. But after a couple months it cleared up. Good luck!

I was on RAM .1% like a year ago and got a bad IB..... but I kept with it and it eventaully cleared after 6 weeks or so, aside from marks of course.....

BUT, it stopped working ater about 3 months...... ): if I used it I broke out, if I didn't, I broke out!!!!!!!!!

grrrrr....

good luck with it (:

I was on RAM .1% like a year ago and got a bad IB..... but I kept with it and it eventaully cleared after 6 weeks or so, aside from marks of course.....

BUT, it stopped working ater about 3 months...... ): if I used it I broke out, if I didn't, I broke out!!!!!!!!!

grrrrr....

good luck with it (:

Yeah, that's pretty much what happened to me, too. Good for preventing wrinkles, but somehow it's not as great for controlling stubborn acne quite as well. Annoying, huh?

been on retin A for 2 weeks. Ive definatly had a breakout, as i had spots on places ive never had them before. Weirdly, with Retin A i seem to either get spots that seems inflamed, but dont last too long or i get whiteheads.

Unfourtunatly, whilst my right side has improved, my left side is looking a little lumpy =( Im commited to sticking with this, but so far not so good.

longshot--you're in week 5 and you're clearing up? So lucky!

I'm in week 5, too, and my skin is still a roller coaster. I'll be clear-ish for a few days, then break out badly for a few more, then clear up, then break out...I don't get it. When is this stuff going to work consistently? Gahhh! I'm about to reach week 6!

mine last until week 8! and it was horrible

longshot--you're in week 5 and you're clearing up? So lucky!

I'm in week 5, too, and my skin is still a roller coaster. I'll be clear-ish for a few days, then break out badly for a few more, then clear up, then break out...I don't get it. When is this stuff going to work consistently? Gahhh! I'm about to reach week 6!

This is what is concerning me somewhat. If it gets must worse i might as well as got on roaccuntane for the same amount of time. Im sure id have broke out a lot worse though. But if this stuff does the trick then fair play.

Its weird cos the spots are..different. They seem to be very quick forming, they seem like inflamed spots but get a head to them fairly quickly.

Unfourtunatly doesnt help that big red marks are left behind though..

Part of me thinks i wish i hadnt of started, but another part says if it truely does work it will be worth it in the long run.

Is retin A supposed to fully stop acne, like roaccuntane? or just control it?

What concerned me the most, is that I asked the doctor did it have any nasty side effects and he pretty much said no. It wasnt until i got home that i read here it can cause a bad IB.

Lucy, it depends really - if you have tried many other things and its not helped, then it might be worth a go. The way i see it, 12 weeks (this is a figure i keep hearing about) isnt THAT long.

Well Ive been using the retin a for four days or so, and I only got one new pimple on my T-zone, which I normally never get acne around. But all the places I normally get acne is my cheeks and chin, which have had no new breakouts. I don't know if this has to do with the fact that I got part of the acne under control with the Benzamycin with BP in it, or if I'll have the IB later on.

I been on Mino 50mg and Retin A 0.025 for 8 weeks and im still breaking out.

one word

whackkkkk

my acne is too mild for accutane, so i'll probably never get it

I been on Mino 50mg and Retin A 0.025 for 8 weeks and im still breaking out.

one word

whackkkkk

my acne is too mild for accutane, so i'll probably never get it

That's an extremely mild form of Retin A ... maybe your derm needs to kick it up a level for you.

Im on .025 as well though.. is that really gonna be enough then?

Also: Durherm - i didnt notice any breakouts till at least 1 week.

Im on .025 as well though.. is that really gonna be enough then?

It will get your skin accustomed to tretinoin with minimal irritation, which is half the battle. And it's strong enough for many people ... it really depends on the severity of your acne.

But if it doesn't seem to be enough, then you can ask for a stronger concentration .... there are several to choose from.

I also am having an IB with retin-a micro .01%. The zits are different from what I usually get every month. I don't have horrible breakouts anymore, so I def. know the med was causing this one. They seem more red and inflamed, but they seem to go away pretty quickly. I don't have a face full, probably 4 or 5. I have noticed if I spot treat with r-a micro the zit comes to a head much quicker. I'm interested in how the results will go in the weeks to come. I use benzaclin on alternate nights.

I'm just finishing up week 5, and just started my IB a few days ago. Prior to that, my skin was rapidly getting better and better every day! Now I've got some nasty papules coming out on my jawline (a bad breakout area for me) and my inner cheeks. Hopefully this won't last for very long ...

I just found out that one of my acne prone friends was on Retin A .025% as well (ha, wadda u know). Anyways, he told me that his IB was in about the 5th week, like alot of people here. He also said that his derm told him that whenever the IB comes, that's when the Retin A is actually doin it's stuff, and the people with IBs in the first week is actually better than gettin it later.

yeah, its definatly better with you have a IB cos at least you know its clearing all the gunk out from under your skin (like any who has been on roaccuntane would know)

I'm using retin-a 0.1%, my ib was on week 4, now I'm on week 6 and my face is finally clearing up, I'm so glad I didn't quit (something in my head told me this was going to work after the IB), all the little bumps that I had are gone, my red marks are fading, I only have like 3 active pimples and they are going away pretty fast :)

thats all good then, glad to hear its working out.

I was on it for 10-11 weeks but things were not improving (after being clear week 4-6, it came back in 6-onwards).

Ive been off it for a good 6 weeks and things only just started clearing a couple weeks ago. Whether its got anything to do with the retin a or not i dont know.

I just have a sneaky suspecision that me smoking weed caused a lot of the acne, and i havent smoked for two weeks and its cleared up a lot.