Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

I'm currently 5 weeks into an accutane treatment. Most of my cysts are completely gone, and i've stopped breaking out. But. I still have a bunch of red marks left over. I'd like them to be faded by a month from now for my senior prom, or at least much less visible. What can I use while on accutane that will work on this time frame?

Thanks!!

Posted

sunless tanner.

Posted

I have found that nothing works for the Red Marks while on Accutane and even post accutane.

Posted

I have found that nothing works for the Red Marks while on Accutane and even post accutane.

I agree... red marks are supposed to disappear by themselves and its much easier for this process to take place when there're no recurring acne problems (post accutane).

Posted

I agree... red marks are supposed to disappear by themselves and its much easier for this process to take place when there're no recurring acne problems (post accutane).

So...there's seriously nothing that I can do to help them in the mean time?

I appreciate the sunless tanner thing, but i'm wayyyy too pale to pull that one off.

Anybody else? :cry:

Posted

I'm currently 5 weeks into an accutane treatment. Most of my cysts are completely gone, and i've stopped breaking out. But. I still have a bunch of red marks left over. I'd like them to be faded by a month from now for my senior prom, or at least much less visible. What can I use while on accutane that will work on this time frame?

Thanks!!

I have real problems with red marks too. I find that the best way to hide them is to use the lightest colour possible foundation that your skin tone will allow, then apply it with a dry make up sponge, but instead of sweeping it across your skin, press it onto the reddened areas, covering the blemishes first, and then blend the foundation over the rest of your face to even out your skin tone. You need to be a little generous with the foundation, as a thin layer won't do the trick. Prep your skin first with a good moisturiser to eliminate the dryness you may have with accutane, so the flakiness won't show up through your make up! If this doesn't hide the redness, use a thick concealer under your foundation, using the same application technique as above. You should use a light colour, one that's too dark will accentuate the redness even more. Pat on some translucent powder, and voila! you will have picture perfect complexion for your prom! I use L'oreal True Match foundation in Ivory, and their translucent loose powder. The powder applied afterwards seems to temporarily fill up my minor scarring, giving the illusion of a smoother skin surface! Good luck, hon.

For long term help with the redness, I find that 100% Rose Hip Oil does wonders. It assists with healing and reduces redness. Massage it in as soon as you've cleansed at night and let it sink into your skin overnight. It's too shiny to use during the day, but if you're at home, apply it as often as you can! Go to www.kosmea.com.au. They sell the oil I use!