Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Splinter

when you know acne has REALLY got to you :( ...

after sucessfully getting rid of my bacne a few years ago with anti-biotics it came back late last year with a vengance, and this time all over my face to!!

so.. has started getting worse and worse and kept telling myself i wasnt gonna let it control me. read this board and never thought id be posting in this section lol :confused: ...

more and more iv had this bad feeling hanging over me, wheerever i am whatver i am doing im just not content. im always thinking about my face no matter how hard i try not to, always consious of mirrors, of people looking at me... it just gets worse and worse and finally i got my first nodule the other day :mad: ... big swollen bit on my chin and i actually felt like crying when i saw it. not cried since my friends funderal a few years back and said to myself stop being a fucking loser you've got it so good compared to half the world!!

but then, was my 22nd birthday last night. started off ok, was thinking about my acne (as always) but was still able to enjoy myself to some extent. got more drunk, and moved on to another pub. had like 20 of my friends with me all having a good time and dont treat me any different than they ever have but i just had this shit feeling building up in me, thinking about my spots, and the huge fucking bump sticking out of my chin. then... i went into the toilets there, looked in the mirror and BAM, i just crumbled. must have said 20 words for the rest of the eveing people kept asking me whats wrong i said nothing. but i was aching inside couldnt belive how shit i felt....

when i got home i went upstairs, and ended up balling my eyes out to my gf :(:cry:. id actually forgotten what it was like to PROPERLY cry u kno where ur nose gets blocked and you cant talk proeprly and stuff. now i know it was a lot the drinks fault, it is a depressant afterall but waking up this morning i really realised how much acne is starting to take over my life. i was the happiest guy before this, at university, smart, popular, a martial arts instructor,and yet something so stupid as acne has just crushed me.

im totally at a loss of what to do .. i have an amzing gf who says she doesnt give a shit about it, my friends dont, noone seems to except me yet i cant get it out of my head. its the first thing i think about when i wake up and the last thing i think about at night. its just so shit i wanna stop feeling like this :cry::cry::cry:

im totally at a loss of what to do .. i have an amzing gf who says she doesnt give a shit about it, my friends dont, noone seems to except me yet i cant get it out of my head. its the first thing i think about when i wake up and the last thing i think about at night. its just so shit i wanna stop feeling like this :cry: :cry: :cry:

thats basically the whole thing about acne.. nobody really cares about it all that much except yourself. almost everyone has or has had acne, and everyone knows its not your fault, its hereditary. if you have a girlfriend who loves you just the way you are, acne should never stop you from having a good time. dont worry about it, you have a girlfriend and she doesnt care :P who else do you have to impress?

cheer up man, i've been pretty upset about my acne too. it sucks, but there's more to life than acne.

i went into the toilets there, looked in the mirror and BAM, i just crumbled. must have said 20 words for the rest of the eveing people kept asking me whats wrong i said nothing. but i was aching inside couldnt belive how shit i felt....

i know EXACTLY how that feels...being happy, out with friends, and then looking in the mirror, only to find a new nodule or cyst...or cracking, dry skin...and completely falling apart. i've completely shut down in front of people before, and its so hard to pull yourself out of. but the truth is, i bet hardly anyone noticed. everyone was drinking and having a good time, the last thing on people's minds was your pimple. youre so lucky to have such a great girlfriend! cheer up, you seem to have a lot going for you :D

you know how bad it is when u see how bad people of all ages react to you.

Stop being paranoid, will you?

you know how bad it is when u see how bad people of all ages react to you.

Stop being paranoid, will you?

:rolleyes: