Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ukskin

if it has worked for you read on.....

I know this is pedantic but for all youse who it has worked for could you say how bad your acne was to start with, how long it took to work and what happened along the way. Doesnt need to be long at all but for all those who are doing it (me) it would be a great moral boost.

Hey,

I've been doing it for about 3.5 months, you know I kinda lost count, it feels like forever.

My acne was mild but persistant, my breakouts are now FAR less and my skin is generally much clearer, generally 100% clear now.

Along the way I had LOADS of breakouts, at some points my skin was worse than before it started, I think you see real results i.e less breakouts after about 2.5 months and then it continues to get from there.

I imagine 4 months ish to be totally clear for me.

Hope that helps

been on it for 8 weeks now. started with OTS for 2 weeks as i waited for my csr gel to arrive. had 2 breakouts along the way, during week 2 and week 4 approx. been fighting smaller pimples that try and come out, but they have been greatly minimized. i have had nothing big since i started. i used to get new acne every week almost. like large imflamed suckers.

Mild acne case (not so much pimples). Cleared me up left dryness. Been doing it 1 and half months to 2 months now.

Definately works.

You can sorta get an idea of what my skin was like before I started using Dan's gel all over my face from the one before picture in my gallery, but that doesn't really convey very well what my skin was like then since it is a crappy college ID photo, so I shall describe it in disgusting detail. I didn't get a lot of small zits, but rather I'd have maybe a half dozen or more fairly sizeable ones in random places all over my face. I broke out pretty much everywhere besides my nose--cheeks, forehead, upper lips, chin, you name it. I still have some scarring from pimples I got on the lower part of my cheek and below my mouth, where the skin is more delicate and lighter. I wasn't a horrible picker and there were some large cyst-like things I left well-enough alone (perhaps they were enormous papules?), but I did mess with the sorta medium-sized zits from time to time. I had scabs and open lesions on my face from this. Sometimes I'd make the mistake of messing with something right before I put on makeup, and it didn't stop oozing and so it would just ooze right through my makeup and get this gross crusty layer. I wore a lot of makeup on my skin because of my acne, but it didn't coverup things very well in person because it only dealt with the color, not the texture, and some larger smooth acne couldn't even have the redness dealt with because makeup wouldn't even stick. My face was a nightmare for me and though I know my acne wasn't severe cystic accutane-worthy, I always felt like I had the worst skin around. Now I'm pretty happy with it.

Edit: Oh, and it took my maybe 6 weeks before I stopped seeing new pimples, and by two months of the gel I was pretty much clear. I've only had a handful of small pimples since then.

check my pictures

mine wasnt 2bad but its concentrated on the chin area an thats the worse place in my opinion as its at the front of ur face in the most obvious place

u can see in my pics how bad it was

an what im like now (drunk one with glasses on hehe)

Mine was only very mild so I only do the regimen once a day at night and I guess I was lucky becasue I cleared pretty much straight away apart from breakouts at weeks 2-3 and 4-5, but its differetn for everyone so don't worry if you havent started clearing yet- some people can take months :)

Mine was only very mild so I only do the regimen once a day at night and I guess I was lucky becasue I cleared pretty much straight away apart from breakouts at weeks 2-3 and 4-5, but its differetn for everyone so don't worry if you havent started clearing yet- some people can take months :)

ie me, and real maverick just to name a few heh

Severe with several cysts and noticed a difference within days and around the month mark looked alot clearer.

Ive used BP based products on and off for a few years tho so my skin is well tuned into BP

i used to get about 5-10 zits a week, pretty big ones, mostly on my chin and some on my forehead. 4 months into the regimen and in the past 2 months I think I've had...uhh 2 small zits and 4 super small ones, those 4 all went away within 48 hours each and left no red marks. i'm stoked. except whenever i'm in a room thats too warm, or like a bus for example, my skin feels really gross cause it starts to sweat and mix with all the shit on my face and that's starting to become a pretty big problem.

I had acne on forehead and around mouth and my chin area. Went on regimen, cleared up within a few months.

I've been pretty much 100% clear for about a year now(still on the regimen, except I only apply at night...no mornings).

moderate acne, didnt work till 4th month, still not clear but almost there. hang in there, it may take a while and some experimenting with different products.

Guest yahyah

Ok.. here goes...

I had VERY moderate acne (to be honest at the time I kinda fooled myself into thinking it was mild just to make myself feel better), at least 10-15 papsules on my chin/jaw/and side of my mouth, a few smallish cystic ones along my jawline, 5 -6 papsules on my forehead and a billion whiteheads on my chin too. Yep, moderate indeed.

As my sig says it took 4 & 1/2 hellish months to get clear... which is nothing when I think that I had acne that bad for over a year, desperately trying a bunch of stupid OTC products and wasting my money/time/tears on it. I'm a completely different person now I'm clear.. its amazing how much having acne for that long destroyed who I was!

Any who.. I started using DUAC (5% BP) from my GP, after about 4 weeks I discovered this site and switched to Dan's CSR gel. Much better. I've tried panoxyl too when I ran out once and it shite!

I've been through the dryness, the redness, the 'OMG my makeup looks shit on top of this crap', 'i look shit' 'i hate everything and everyone' stage... yes - i had the initial breakout when i wanted to quit... i had a second breakout about 3 months in and wanted to quit... i've got bp near by eyes soooo many times and had my eyes lids swell up its not even funny, i've bleached clothes, bedsheets, my hair... everything that can go wrong I've done.

BUT i persevered and followed the regimen to a T... and now i'm 100% clear, have been for months now... I still use BP just to be safe.. but generally I've discovered the cause of my acne (mainly diet) so as long as I steer clear from it i'm fine.

Persevere!!!