Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been off accutane for almost four weeks so I thought i would be ok to tan, so I went to the tanning bed yesterday and got a really bad burn. I've never been this burnt before. Will my skin be ok?

I've been off accutane for almost four weeks so I thought i would be ok to tan, so I went to the tanning bed yesterday and got a really bad burn. I've never been this burnt before. Will my skin be ok?

Use aloe vera gel it will help the burn.

i spray Avene mist on my face when its red and sore, that helps...then ill leave it alone..and a day later ill put some aloe vera gel on aswell..

Accutane stays in your system for a few months following treatment.

You'll be okay -- just slather up with aloe vera. If it's really bad, go to your doctor.

Use at least a 30spf for awhile after this.

Actully it's recommended that you still be caustious of the sun and UBA/UVB rays 5-6 months after your Accutane treatment. I wish it wasn't like that though, because I was planning to go tanning soon after I was going to finish too.

Thanks for the help guys. I just went out and bought some aloe vera gel and some spray. I never burned before accutane I think its really affected my skin its more sensitive than it used to be if thats posible. Just some advise if you go to the tanning bed lay for half the time instead of the full 20 mins and gradually build up until your skin can handle it.