Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
runbleseat2

BP bad to put over a small pimple because it makes it bigger?

I have been using Dan's BP for about 20 days now and i think i have noticed that if you put bp over a small pimple it explodes into a big one. BP has been great in preventing acne but the ones that make it through the bp are terribleee. Has anyone else noticed this?

what should i do to these exploded pimples i think they are cysts( they dont have a head and they are hard)?

is it possible that ifyou see a tiny pimple coming in its better to not put bp on it?

Well pimples would become better if you put nothing on it (in theory).

I've noticed the same things as you have my good man. It seems that when a tiny pimple pops up, I always put BP on it and then it seems to grow into something big, many times a large whitehead (largest I've ever seen on my face).

It's quite odd, it takes a few days for it to grow small but then still a red lump is still there.

I've stopped BP for the mean time to see what happens (as my skin is dry due to cold weather).

As for what to do to these pimples, don't pick them! I did, worst mistake of my life =P

i used to have that problem, particularly with other bps, but now that i have been on this for awhile, 8 weeks, it doesn't do that nemore.

yea i dont get people that spot treat as in my personal opinion adding bp to a relatively small pimple makes it in2 a larger one over night

so i dont spot treat anymore :)

but if you are applying bp all over your face and you have active pimples should you put bp on those active ones?

like isnt that like spot treating?

For spot treatments , I use Peroxide on a cotton pad and hold it there for a while. I do that twice a day. Then I put an antibacterial ointment on it and it usually clears up in 1-3 days. Just don't pick at it!

If I catch one very early (just beginning to form) I ICE it and then spray Bactine on it. Perhaps a glob of BP too. Seems to help?

wow some say spot-treat and some say don't. i don't get it.

can we make a conclusive answer?

i just don't get why spot-treating makes it bigger as somem here say. it's still the same bp anyway?

i just don't get why spot-treating makes it bigger as somem here say. it's still the same bp anyway?

yea ,me neither- BP dries out your skin and pimples so I'm confused about how some people have commented it just makes them bigger, for me they just dry up and disappear quickly!? But I do tend to catch them really early on :)

I've never found that bp makes a small pimple larger, in fact just the opposite. It often keeps a pimple from developing into something much worse, ime.

wel im goin by my lil experiment i did

i had a lil one on my cheek just forming

so i applied bp to it

a glob overnight

an by the morning it had become a larger yellow headed one

so i thought it was a co-insidence

but i tried again with one on my neck

same thing happened!

so mayb its jus a few of us wen this happens i dont know. but now i dont spot treat for this reason.

what's better to use to spot-treat? dan's bp gel or product really designed for spot-treating (still contains bp)?

wel im goin by my lil experiment i did

i had a lil one on my cheek just forming

so i applied bp to it

a glob overnight

an by the morning it had become a larger yellow headed one

so i thought it was a co-insidence

but i tried again with one on my neck

same thing happened!

so mayb its jus a few of us wen this happens i dont know. but now i dont spot treat for this reason.

that happens to me. when i get a small pimple, and put BP on it, it becomes a larger yellowhead. but i dont mind that, because the stuff has surfaced quick, and once i pop it only takes about two days for it to completely disappear

rawlin - what bp do you use for spot treat? dan's bp gel?

cuz i have this acne cream my derma gave me. it's Per g Miconazole nitrate 20 mg, benzoyl peroxide 50 mg. there's still benzoyl peroxide. so i really don't know what's better to use for spot-treating

i need an answer!

that happens to me. when i get a small pimple, and put BP on it, it becomes a larger yellowhead. but i dont mind that, because the stuff has surfaced quick, and once i pop it only takes about two days for it to completely disappear

really? how do you pop it? if i pop something it takes over 4 months for it to disappear.

u dont *pop* as such an it depends on the size of it on how long it takes to dissapear

try some AHA moisturiser?

it helps exfoliate an therefore speed up skins natural renewal process.

which means redmarks fade faster

Uh, guys. When you put BP on a pimple, in this case a small one, BP starts killing the bacteria and allowing it to heal much more quickly. One of the healing phases of a pimple is developing a whitehead, which is just a congestion of white blood cells or pus. Once it's in that stage the pimple is almost healed, so really, the BP is doing it's job by making the pimple come to the whitehead stage more quickly.

Uh, guys. When you put BP on a pimple, in this case a small one, BP starts killing the bacteria and allowing it to heal much more quickly. One of the healing phases of a pimple is developing a whitehead, which is just a congestion of white blood cells or pus. Once it's in that stage the pimple is almost healed, so really, the BP is doing it's job by making the pimple come to the whitehead stage more quickly.

yea true that is a good point !

its jus wen it gets to that stage u must pop from previous experience

an then ur left with a redmark

but be better if it jus went bak down in2 the skin an dissapreard i think. as some people find thats what happens wen they put bp on a pimple.

but be better if it jus went bak down in2 the skin an dissapreard i think. as some people find thats what happens wen they put bp on a pimple.

I guess I'm just lucky then that thats what happens to me :)

sometimes when i spot-treat the pimple just dries up and dies down without forming any whitehead. weird..

yip, i dont think bp is any good for putting on a pimple that has already decided 2 come uup.

I'm starting to think popping only makes it gone from surface but it's still under the skin. Meaning that premature popping, it has a chance of coming back? I did that before, went down for a while. Then a few days later it seemed to be in the same spot :S