Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok so everyone i saying humidity is bad for your acne.. but why is it that humidity actually clears me up... i suffer from mild acne and moderate in the winter months.. but when summer comes around my acne is all clear.. this is especialy true when i go to tropical asian cities like hong kong and shanghai.. seriously i would never get one single pimple and those places are humid like no other with humidity levl up to 80+. Currenlty i live in los angles with humidity level around 40 to 50 this time of the year.... and i read some post bout sauna being bad for ur skin.. well everytime i go in to a sauna/steam room it clears me up.. so what's up with that ????

cold = irritation. Skin gets dry and flakes. In the summer the humifity hydrates ur skin hence no irritation. Plus the sun = Vit D very good for acne.

Maybe the humidity opens your pores so they don't clog up. Maybe the reason why other peoples' skin gets worse in the humidity is because the skin swells, closing off pores.

i've always noticed that people in other parts of the country, say from a national geographic photo---have REALLY nice skin. even the starving, diseased african people. and they look like that on TV too! i wonder....

lol its the opposite for me... the winter is better for me cuz it cools my face and doesn't dry it up but when the summer comes i get all hot and such and tends to make my skin a wee bit more sensitvie

Ok so everyone i saying humidity is bad for your acne.. but why is it that humidity actually clears me up... i suffer from mild acne and moderate in the winter months.. but when summer comes around my acne is all clear.. this is especialy true when i go to tropical asian cities like hong kong and shanghai.. seriously i would never get one single pimple and those places are humid like no other with humidity levl up to 80+. Currenlty i live in los angles with humidity level around 40 to 50 this time of the year.... and i read some post bout sauna being bad for ur skin.. well everytime i go in to a sauna/steam room it clears me up.. so what's up with that ????

do you go to school? if so, you're probably not as stressed in the summer and therefore break out less.