Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moose79

aloe vera on accutane

i just started using aloe vera for moisterizer and red marks and sweet lord my skin is so damn dry now it wasnt even dry before i was using it any thoughts???? also my skin is flaking peeling and is tight as hell

i just started using aloe vera for moisterizer and red marks and sweet lord my skin is so damn dry now it wasnt even dry before i was using it any thoughts???? also my skin is flaking peeling and is tight as hell

aloe vera only hydrates, it does not nourish, AV is water, you need oil. accutane shuts down your oil production, so even if you were oily before you will need a rich moisturizer, nothing waterbased will relieve your dryness!! good luck!

i beg to disagree. You do feel tight, i agree with that but its not dry. When u feel tight, put a very little amount of any other cream-like moisturizer on and it will relieve the tightness. Other then that, aloe vera DOES help with dryness in the LONG run. If u use it to instantly cover flakes it will do nothing. I have been using it for about 2 months now and my skin hasnt been too dry from accutane. I think the peelingness is just from the accutane. Hey if the AV isnt working then get another moisturizer. I like it thought cause its not heavy and it doesnt make ur face look greasy.

I have found aloe vera very drying. To counteract that, I add 1 or 2 drops of jojoba oil to the aloe vera before applying. Jojoba oil is supposed to be non-comodgenic and good for the skin