Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ruby1234

rubys regime!!!

a brief history,

had mild to moderate acne for 13 years, tried all sorts of diffrent acne products, no real results. Started the csr on the 20th of feb. began by using cephaphil cleanser, clearasil ultra active pimple cream 5%bp, and neutrogena oil free moisturizer. Initially good good results but found that i was developing tiny little whitrhead type bumps all over my chin and forehead area. So i did a bit of research and decided to swap to a cleanser that contained SA.

my current regime is in my sig below and is working very well. It is a little over drying but the results are well worth the dryness. I have also begun using dermalogicas barrier repair cream that is suppose to retain moisture in the skin and am so far loving it, it also helps in applying make up over the bp.

will keep updating my results

cheers :D

regime going well, have made a few changes but the changes just seem to be making things better.

i have changed my foam wash to the same one but in a cream formula, designed for sensitive skin and not over drying. I also changed from 5% clearasil bp to 5%benzac bp as the benzac tube is gel based rather than clearasils cream base and seems to be just as effective but less drying on the skin.

Finally i have added the epidermix microdermabrasion cream which i use once a week. My skin is now clearer, smoother and not 1/2 as dry as it was on my previous regime.

will continue to update on my progress :D

things still going well. Changed bp AGAIN!! this time to oxy 5 BP which claims to contain natural moisturisers to help minimise dryness. Im not sure why but the benzac 5% just dosent seem to work as well as the other 5% BP's here in australia. But the oxy is a vanaishing gel which i really like so i plan to stick with this one! Still loving the epidermix..i use it nightly as an exfoliator and twice a week as a micro dermabrasion treatment. Currently have 2 active spots, which im spot treating with tea tree oil, but im hoping they are just due to monthly hormones. Other than that i am really happy with my skin and and and am only getting occasional small spots :dance: