Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
floss

Sourdough bread

Found some really pure rye sourdough bread in Holland & Barrett - only ingredients are rye, salt, water. Am i right in thinking the sourdough process has neutralised the antinutrients, making the grain healthy?

At first i found the taste a little odd, but now i find it delicious.

I may try making my own sourdough bread one day if i ever have lots of spare time on my hands, has anyone tried making their own / have a method?

I love that kind of bread. It's definitely better than most other bread. Only you can tell if it will be problematic for you or not.

Guest Gentle~Rain

I've never tried to make this before but it is really good...somebody post a recipe !! I like BLT's on sourdough!

Found some really pure rye sourdough bread in Holland & Barrett - only ingredients are rye, salt, water. Am i right in thinking the sourdough process has neutralised the antinutrients, making the grain healthy?

I believe that's correct....

I may try making my own sourdough bread one day if i ever have lots of spare time on my hands, has anyone tried making their own / have a method?

That's funny, I just tried making bread for the first time ever last weekend... It was like sourdough, but an easier way of making it... with kefir. Here's the recipe: http://www.nourished.com.au/articles/how-t...bread-and-cake/ But basically it was a disaster. Spelt flour doesn't rise well. Maybe it would work better with rye, I don't know. I also should have kept it in a warmer place overnight so it would rise better.

Real sourdough is a lot more complicated to make.

Yeah rye is good for acne i read it somewhere. In Australia we have an incredibly good bread called Burgen, has been good for my skin IMO.