Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whiskers McCoy

So wrong yet so right.........

I had chocolate. I know everyone says it's an old wives tale bout chocolate causing bad skin. I'm a vegan so it was only dark chocolate, but i still had this niggling doubt in my mind that said i was tempting the acne fairies to visit me again for being bad. So, i looked it up, and apparently chocolate releases endorphins which promote the production of anti oxidants, aids healing. So i'm not gona feel guilty anymore, cause it's so damn tasty,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :wub:

ahhh dark chocolate...it makes me feel soo good to eat it...and if it does it for you, then go for it! i haven't noticed its effect on my skin. as long as you eat healthy, in general, and drink lots of water, youll be fine :)

i've been eatin easter eggs this week, but my skin has been quite good. i don't believe that it will make a difference to my skin, but i think it's kinda makin a difference to my belly. p..i....g = me!

sometimes i think the true cause of my breakouts lie in worrying that something will cause them. It's psychological. Like usually when i forget about a spot it will go down much quicker than if i've been monitoring it with a strict regime of bp. I'm gonna be laid back about it.

Like usually when i forget about a spot it will go down much quicker than if i've been monitoring it with a strict regime of bp.

That could actually be an illusion. You forget about a spot, distract yourself, and time passes when suddenly the next time you check it, it's gone down markedly. Lets say that took two days. Well if you were fussing over that spot for the same amount of time, would it not feel longer. You check every few hours and seeing no improvement makes you think it's never going away.

It's the same with everything. On a journey if you are counting down the minutes it's going to seem infinitely longer then if you read a book or have a good conversation.

I had been eating far too many Easter egg chocolates around Easter. I'm surprised how controlled my skin seemed to be considering it, but I know I was drinking more water as well. Actually, my skin doesn't look so hot the past while. I do notice I'm not drinking as much water...hmm, or maybe I should eat chocolate! No, jk... But I do think that things can affect people differently, and as a rule, it's best to keep things in moderation.

*To the main poster - if you are going to eat chocolate, dark chocolate is the best choice I think (like you had). It does have health benefits.