Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
antizit

The one thing that is working profoundly well for my back acne.

Ive had back moderate back acne for years and tried various acne washes including azaelic acid, benyzol peroxide, sulphur soaps and supplements like fish oil and green tea extract to try to cure my acne, BP had a mild reduction effect and nothin else worked, sulphur soap might have worked a bit also.

Recently I tried Guggulsterones as there was a study on pubmed about its effectiveness for acne and I am happy to say that in just one week of taking 60mg of EZ guggul/day my acne has been reduced around 50%. So I just thought I would tell you guys as I have been here before for advice and now I see a lot of people are struggling for a solution and this one isnt very well known, but at this rate ill be cured in a month. I take Syntrax GuggulBolic which is apparently a more potent synthetic version of gugglsterones, but the study on pubmed does not use synthetic guggulsterones. I also had the remainder of what used to be some very ingrained acne on my face and that has really cleared up on the guggul, its pretty amazing stuff, or it has been for me.

I know you can get this supplement easily on the US, i bought it over the net from the US for much cheaper than in Australia.

EDIT* I just remembered that another thing that worked for me was ZMA, probably the Zinc it contained but again its effectiveness was not comparable to gugglsterones, it was on a level with BP, and I ran out of it, but it might be a good compliment to guggul. Vitamin B5 also worked for me about aswell as the BP.

Hi, Yes they are in capsule form. I can't say that they will work for you but my results continue to be quite amazing, especially from what I know of other people who have taken accutane, it seems to be usually quite a slow process for that to work and there can be side effects from it, im really glad I took guggul before I decided to take accutane which it seems i dont need now. I have stopped all other acne treatments now and its saving me a lot of time. I am just surprised that these arent popular, maybe they don't work aswell for others.

sounds good al rite..glad for you..i havnt got severe acne..just light moderate on my back so i wudn go near accutane..ive just started to take pro biotics and msm a week ago as well as a cleaning regime for first time..seems to b improving but its too early to say..still a few spots breaking out and old stuff fading..i may hunt down guggul

hey man it seems u can get this quite easily..there was a small clinical health study whereby 500 mg of it were t6aken daily and the results were the same as tetracylcine.im resistant to antibiotics as my last round of doxy a year ago had no effect..id love to try guggle out tho..i found this while googling it.............http://www.1fast400.com/i3_Guggulsterones.html...........ps:antizit,can you tell us exactly where you get ur guggle from?...thanks

I dont recall the store exactly but I went to froogle and typed in guggulsterones, here is a store selling the 3 pack that i got at around the same price but there are other stores selling 3 packs aswell http://www.nutrifly.com/guggul3.html

Guggulsterones are over the counter.

edit* Here is another store with the same pack at a slightly cheaper price and a better merchant rating http://www.nutricraze.com/product_info.php...ducts_id=SY-032

ANTIZIT..just wondering how ur acne is coming along with the guggle..ive been taking it a week..too early to say whether any improvement..it certainly hasnt cleared up 50%!!!!..anyone else trying it??

if ur resistant to antibiotics, that means it wont work on you, therefore it shouldnt have an effect on acne, if has an effect on acne or anything else, then your not resistant to it... thats my theory, am i right? or am i right? or can i be wrong? i cant be wrong right? :P

i dont know...i havnt done enough research into it..i wonder has antizit tried antibiotics..he didnt say he did so ur prob rite..i am resistant to antibiotics..i took 100mg of doxy a year ago for 3 months with maybe 10%results..before that it worked 50% at best..anyhow ive realised antibiotics suck period...im noticing a gradual improvement with my moderate bacne since taking guggle for a week now..altho i dont know whether its that alone as ive been taking acidipholis and msm for 2 weeks plus cleaning my back with a cleanser and exfoliating with a scrub at nite..my back is definately clearing up..its veering toward light now with fewer breakouts..just red marks that last ages with bacne(why o why)..altho i only get pustules n papules..get a very occassional cyst now n then so im lucky that way..

Buzzment, I am glad that it is starting to work for you. No I have not taken antibiotics beause they indiscriminately kill good aswell as bad bacteria. The guggul continues to work for me but the rate of progress has slowed down. My bacne is not very significant at all now though.

Can anyone add to this thread? Ive ordered some of the Syntrax GuggulBolic and was wondering if anyone has had any positive experience from Guggul?