Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robynxo

Drowsiness/Tiredness

I always seem to feel either really drowsy, or really alert and worried.

I really want to find a happy medium, is there anything you could suggest that I do? Maybe drinkin water more would help me stop bein drowsy?

Lately I've felt really stressed cos I don't know what I'm doin for my future and I'm failin at my a levels, so I've been gettin ill and missin sleep, etc. So I went n bought 'Kalms' tablets that relieve periods of worry and stress. However, I feel too calm now. I'm gainin weight a bit, and I don't want to do anythin, I just want to sleep.

It's like it's either one way or the other.

Anyone have any help pleezums?

:wall:

Do not worry so much! Acne, depression, anxiety and other psychological disorders know each other very well.

What you described, it seems like a slight bipolar disease. But do not worry about it, it is very typical for an acne patient.

Regular excercise is the only cure for mood swinging and sleep problems. Do not take anything!

Hi honey...

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time :-( I had an eating disorder and depression, which are things I still deal with on a daily basis. (I'm still taking antidepressants). The acne does NOT help me feel any better, as I'm sure you can imagine. I would really suggest talking to someone... your parents, a school counselor, a therapist. I know for me when I'm having a hard time with that stuff, I feel like I'm the ONLY person in the world with those problems; it helps immensely to talk to someone who knows how to help and can put things in perspective and help you help yourself.

Good luck!!! Take care,

Katie

I used to feel the same way. I'd either feel really anxious or dead tired even on a good night's sleep.

Starting regular exercise, cleaning up my diet, and trying to abide by a regular sleep schedule went a long way to making me feel so much better. Anxiety is way down and I don't feel wasted all the time.

Having a routine sleep schedule helped me out with tiredness.

I'm not sure how to get rid of anxiety or worry. Life's pretty much full of it. I'm constantly worried about the future. Sleep never does anything for it. Diet never did anything for it. Really, the best thing you can do is just take one day at a time, do one thing at a time.

And I agree with remember4 - Having someone to talk to can go along way in helping you.

I found fatigue to be a side effect of mercury poisoning. It started out as me just being a bit lazy, then i was really quite lazy, then i didn't have enough energy to go out with my friends.

There's a reason for this. At least for me. When I was a kid I use to have lot's of foods in sugar and etc. And I was rarely ever fatigued or anything. Now I can't eat much foods with sugar and results are.......drowsy/sleepy, no energy, really alert and worried.

I was never fatigued or alert or worried as a kid either....

But when I was a kid, I didn't have a care in the world. Didn't have to worry about money, a career, a job, school, and how I'm going to survive in life. It had nothing to do with sugar and everything to do with becoming an adult.

In most traditional cultures around the world (eastern asia, spain, etc.) , people take a nap after lunch. Maybe you just need to sleep more. Sleep is highly underrated IMO.

thanks everyone for the advice.

I've stopped taking those calming tablets, they made me feel too tired, and I didn't like it.

Your advice has helped me realise that maybe I need to start doin some exercise and fresh air to wake myself up more. I think the fact that I've been slobbin about, worryin about things, has made me just generally sluggish and not able to do much.

I think I have to be combat it by not gettin so stressed about things. I've been gettin stressed too easy for a long while now. I worry too much, so much that I lose sleep. That's why I started takin the calming tablets.

However, I think I'd feel better if I took my mind of things and exercised, as well as eatin a bit healthier. And not lettin things worry me so easily.

ThanksXXXX :cool::razz:;)