Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaulUK

Questions on the Regimen

After having acne for 9 years i found this site and thought i would give it a go and follow everything exactly as said.

The only thing i have'nt tried cept this in the past is accutane which i cant get prescibed (GP Refused to try it)

Ive got the BP cream and im using a cleanser which i know suits my skin (simple moisturisng wash)

And i have some eucerin dry skin cream.

The thing im wondering before i start this process tonight is how important is it to follow it precisely?

As for me i would prefer to wash > moisturise > BP -- instead of -- wash > BP > Moisturise.

Anyone with experience have any input on this?

From what i have read eucerin seems to be a very good facial moisturiser, Is that true?

I need a very good moisturiser as my skin gets very dry with BP (Had some experience in the past))

Thank you in advance.

Paul

My advice would be to try to follow it exactly as thats the way that most people find it works best for them (as you need to make sure the BP gets as much into your skin as possible), and I don't really see how applying the moisturiser before BP will make you less dry anyway as you only have to wait about 10 mins between the steps :)

Hi Paul,

Your products sound fine. It is important in the beginning to do the Regimen as Dan describes, mainly because we KNOW it does work this way.

Some people do eventually try using the moisturizer first, it works fine for some, and not for others.

My main concern is getting that bp down deep into the pores first. I'm not sure it can get in there over a layer of moisturizer.

So, my advice for you is to cleanse, apply bp, then moisturize.

If your skin just can't handle doing it that way, then you can consider changing it around and see how it goes.

Good luck and do keep us posted on your progress!!

Thanks for the quick reply's ill give it a go tonight as it's stated.

Ill let you know how things go however im confident of quick results due to past experience.

I usually clear up 50% within a week including cysts but my skin gets so dry from using so many products and using the wrong moisturisers it ends up getting worse again.

I think something ive seen from this website which is important is not to use too many cleaning products and only cleanse quickly and gently.

Something ive never done before i used to clean my skin with anything and everything.

Thanks

Seems like you're wiling to follow it exactly, so it should work really well and really quickly.

You could always experiment later on, like moisturisin after washing.

Do you choose to do that because of your skin getting too dry in between washing and using bp? I had that, and solved it by applyin the bp after only 3-5 mins after instead of waitin 15 mins. It works the same, and I don't get flaky skin as much.

But in the beginnin, yeah, its best just to follow it exactly.

Good luck spud :D

Seems like you're wiling to follow it exactly, so it should work really well and really quickly.

You could always experiment later on, like moisturisin after washing.

Do you choose to do that because of your skin getting too dry in between washing and using bp? I had that, and solved it by applyin the bp after only 3-5 mins after instead of waitin 15 mins. It works the same, and I don't get flaky skin as much.

But in the beginnin, yeah, its best just to follow it exactly.

Good luck spud :D

Thats exactly it, i may try your idea from the start as thats exactly what happened to me, if i dont do something within 5 minutes of having a bath my skin drys up like mad.

Which i think makes anything i apply to it alot less beneficial..

Not much of a spud anymore!

Paul

one thing i thought i should point out: you shouldn't use a moisturizer with AHA in it at the beginning of the regimen (at least dan doesnt recommend that). check that Eucerin moisturizer's ingredients you for any AHA's like lactic acid or glycolic acid. I think Dan says these make your skin too sensitive in the early stages of the regimen...can someone back me up???cus im not totally positive about this.

yea, usually for the first few weeks or so, a plain moisturizer is tolerated better than an AHA moisturizer. However, now that I've said that, I have seen over the past year lots of people start out with Eucerin and do just fine. I think it depends on your skin, if you are very sensitive skinned, then starting with a basic moisturizer is probably best.

Just tried some of that eucerin and it's some amazing stuff.

I bought the 10% urea cream, the stuff specifically for the face was out of stock so it was this stuff or a lotion.

So far it's had amazing results as far as the dryness goes and my skin looks healthy already.

Really pleased with how this stuff seems to work does'nt make my face look shiney or oily and it does not irritate me at all unlike 99% of other moisturisers.

Paul

if you moisterizer first it will cover your skin so the bp wont even barely touch it...defintily moisterize lst.