Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beverly2

15% tca peel

im thinking about getting a 15% tca peel by a nurse, i have mild scarring and im fed up with getting blue peels (dont like having a blue face for that long!) do you think it will help or am i waisting my time? I dont want to do one myself because im scared. Has has anyone done this strength on their own?

I've used this strength many times and while it should give you a "light" peel. I doubt it will do more than that. You can get this strength on ebay and save yourself some $$$. It is not very strong. Stings but really no downtime unless you layer it heavily and get a frost. I wouldn't pay for a professional one since this by itself will do little for scarring unless you do it many times. Peace.

I've used this strength many times and while it should give you a "light" peel. I doubt it will do more than that. You can get this strength on ebay and save yourself some $$$. It is not very strong. Stings but really no downtime unless you layer it heavily and get a frost. I wouldn't pay for a professional one since this by itself will do little for scarring unless you do it many times. Peace.

[/quote

what do you think of trying 15% myself just on my forehead? i have had obagi blue peels so im not that worried about pain, do you think it is risky considering ive never done a tca on my own?

While I don't think it is very risky, everyone's skin may react differently. I would do a test spot first to see how your skin reacts. I normally do it on my cheeks and feel a slight sting or burning sensation. The skin turns a bit pink but doesn't really scab up or anything of that nature. It may become taught or have a slight taughtness in a few days and then some light peeling will occur but it is not very obvious. Since the tca strength isn't really regulated, keep in mind that what you get, could be a bit weaker or possibly a bit stronger so it is always best to proceed with caution. I get more peeling with a low strength of tca than a 70% professional glycolic peel. I have been using the 15% for over a year. I even layer it for spot peels on occasion. I think it is something relatively safe to try but read up on it and be careful. I still like to go for professional power peels on occasion but the tca is so reasonable to purchase and if used correctly, seems quite simple to use since it is self neutralizing.

Ps. The one I use is from perfectcomplexions, I think her ebay id is greatfaceplace or something of that nature. I purchased a stronger strength from somewhere else but I would feel safe to start out with something from her, since her products seem to be of a a good quality and consistant as well as buffered a bit possibly. She also sells a weaker product which I started with. I think it is around 6%. I am not advertising here but to play it safe, she is an experienced seller and sells many face or peel products. There are some sellers who may offer it cheaper, but you never really know what you might get.