Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazychick320

moisteriser and make up help

I am not happy with my moisteriser and make up at the moment. I wash my face with T zone foam wash and afterwards my skin feels dry but not tight. Afterwards i use the original nivea moisteriser in the big blue tub, this makes my skin feel quite heavy and to be honest i'm not sure its right for my skin. After that i apply my make up:

maybelleine ever fresh oil free and clinique continious coverage foundation

maybelleine pressed powder

i apply my make up quite thick as i have acne and scars to cover mainly just below my jawline and cheeks, i put lots of powder on to stop shine, but after an hour or so my make up seems orangey (even though i use the light shade of foundation) it looks smudged and i'm look extremely oily and shiny. I hate it when this happens but just use a sponge to fix it again. Everyone elses make up seems to stay put during the day but mine doesn't and i think its because i'm using the wrong products, can anyone please recommend any products or give any advice i'd be greatful :) x

Ya I'd like some help with this topic 2. I don't use any mosturizer. Are you suppose 2? Right now my skin is pretty dry but it used 2 be pretty oily. I just usually apply my foundation and then powder on top. What does the moisturizer do?

I am not happy with my moisteriser and make up at the moment. I wash my face with T zone foam wash and afterwards my skin feels dry but not tight. Afterwards i use the original nivea moisteriser in the big blue tub, this makes my skin feel quite heavy and to be honest i'm not sure its right for my skin. After that i apply my make up:

maybelleine ever fresh oil free and clinique continious coverage foundation

maybelleine pressed powder

i apply my make up quite thick as i have acne and scars to cover mainly just below my jawline and cheeks, i put lots of powder on to stop shine, but after an hour or so my make up seems orangey (even though i use the light shade of foundation) it looks smudged and i'm look extremely oily and shiny. I hate it when this happens but just use a sponge to fix it again. Everyone elses make up seems to stay put during the day but mine doesn't and i think its because i'm using the wrong products, can anyone please recommend any products or give any advice i'd be greatful :) x

That Nivea stuff is probably too oily/heavy/occlusive for your skin. I use a Paula's Choice product (see my regimen below) and love it. Moisurizes without grease. Any similar product will do.

Finding the right foundation is a much more difficult task. It's all trial and error. If you're looking orangey by the end of the day – that's a color problem. Color problems have nothing to do with lightness/darkness, but with the main color of the tint - peach, pink, or neutral/beige. What I'd do is, test two foundations on each side of your face, down towards your lower jaw. Do this on a weekend, when you don't have to go to work. Wait until the end of the day and see which looks truest on your skin. You may have to do this half a dozen times over the course of the month, but it will help you get the right color.

The smudged look is a texture/application problem. I used to use a lot of foundation/powder as well. Then as the years went on I realized that the more make up you use, the worse your skin actually looks. And for those of us who can't use emolient/oily formulations, make up can actually make our skins look dried out. My skin definitely looks more youthful without foundation. More uneven, yes, but definitely more youthful. So if I have business or am going out, I use a very light touch with the foundation (i.e., wet a make up sponge, wring it out, dab in make up and use that penny-sized dab over your entire face), followed by a light dusting of powder. If I have to conceal a blemish or mark, I take a very fine brush, dab in a little foundation and powder and dot that over the blemish and blend until it's concealed.

By the way, use a sheer powder. Using a colored powder over a colored foundation may be causeing your organgey problem, in that the two shades clash.

Hope this helps a bit!

Thanks for the advice =) Where can i purchase paula's choice products from?

Here ya go: http://www.cosmeticscop.com/

Lots of good stuff. Only one warning: I do not like the formulations of her sunscreens. Instead, I recommend the Neutrogena Ultra Sheers or Clinique's Triple Defense.

Best of luck in your product searches!