Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys well i was just wondering if any1 could offer me some advice.

I'm 17 and I have mild acne on my back and upper arms and 1 or 2 on my chest, and have had for about 3-4 years now but it never really bothered me enough for me to do anything about it until now. I just thought it would eventually just heal, but now me and my friends have booked a holiday in the sun in 2 months time and i would really like to be able to do the normal fun things like swimming, sunbathing and playing football on the beach topless like the others will be doing, not stuck with a shirt on looking strange.

So i went to my GP this morning and showed him and asked him what i could do to clear it up. I just thought because its not too serious compared to other cases ive seen on this website that maybe some cream or body wash for the shower would be suitable and maybe clear it up fairly easily, but he decided he'd put me on Doxycycline 100mg capsules, 1 per day for 6 weeks.

I have never tried anything before to get rid of the acne, so i was just wondering should i just give this stuff a go or is it more wise to try some other method first before i go onto anti-biotics? I live over in Scotland so am not too sure if the products such as the Neutrogena Body Scrub and Body wash that I've seen mentioned before are availabe over here, but they do sound very good, and was thinkign maybe something like that would be better as a first attempt?

Also, the fact that Doxycycline makes you very vulnerable to the sun, i even told me GP that im going to Ibiza(Spain) in 2 months and he didnt mention this side-effect at all, but having read online about having to avoid the sun if im on it, it seems kind of stupid me taking them.

I really am stuck on what to do, i mean mayeb this Doxycycline would work a treat and have me clear for my holiday in 2 months and keep me clear for a long time after, but the sun thign is bothering me, could any1 offer me some advice I'd really appreciate it =).

TY kev.

hi scottish kid..i have had moderate back acne for years so i know what u feel like.the first time i took anti biotics it cleared up totally..but came back after few weeks..i left it for a few years..then a couple of years ago i tried doxy and the result was a 40 percent clearance..then i tried it a few months later and it didnt work at all..its obvious i am resistant to anti biotics now..this generally happens..i dunno ..id say go and try it..it more than likely will work o you..but for the long term anti biotics are a load of crap..bacteria just gets immune to them..in fact i have just recently started a cleaning regime on my back for the firstime ever and it seems to be helping!!..anyhow good luck and enjoy the hols..

Hi guys well i was just wondering if any1 could offer me some advice.

I'm 17 and I have mild acne on my back and upper arms and 1 or 2 on my chest, and have had for about 3-4 years now but it never really bothered me enough for me to do anything about it until now. I just thought it would eventually just heal, but now me and my friends have booked a holiday in the sun in 2 months time and i would really like to be able to do the normal fun things like swimming, sunbathing and playing football on the beach topless like the others will be doing, not stuck with a shirt on looking strange.

So i went to my GP this morning and showed him and asked him what i could do to clear it up. I just thought because its not too serious compared to other cases ive seen on this website that maybe some cream or body wash for the shower would be suitable and maybe clear it up fairly easily, but he decided he'd put me on Doxycycline 100mg capsules, 1 per day for 6 weeks.

I have never tried anything before to get rid of the acne, so i was just wondering should i just give this stuff a go or is it more wise to try some other method first before i go onto anti-biotics? I live over in Scotland so am not too sure if the products such as the Neutrogena Body Scrub and Body wash that I've seen mentioned before are availabe over here, but they do sound very good, and was thinkign maybe something like that would be better as a first attempt?

Also, the fact that Doxycycline makes you very vulnerable to the sun, i even told me GP that im going to Ibiza(Spain) in 2 months and he didnt mention this side-effect at all, but having read online about having to avoid the sun if im on it, it seems kind of stupid me taking them.

I really am stuck on what to do, i mean mayeb this Doxycycline would work a treat and have me clear for my holiday in 2 months and keep me clear for a long time after, but the sun thign is bothering me, could any1 offer me some advice I'd really appreciate it =).

TY kev.

Doxy did wonders to clear my face up but did absolutely nothing for the mild body acne i have. In fact i think it may have made it worse. When i started 100mg/day of doxy 6 months ago i had absolutely NO acne anywhere on my body but now i have a mild case on my chest and back which suxs grr. I think you should try the body wash thing first and use an exfoliating brush or something because that seems to help. I never noticed any of the photosensitivity side-effects such as being more susceptible to sunburn and stuff...just wear spf 30 on your face or foundation with spf in it. Don't let the sun thing worry you...you probably won't notice anything at all.

I'm on the same exact regimin as of now.

100 mg doxycycline 1 capsule for six weeks.

I have the same problem.

these bumps on my upper arm and back. give it a try!!!! I've only seen results and I'm almost in my 3rd week.

Its not really acne on my back, it doesnt get red and the only way you can really tell its there is to touch or look closely. But ever starting my new regimin I have NONE. really, absolutely none. It wasnt bad at all to begin with really, but now there are NO problems.

But my face is taking a bit longer, dont get me wrong though. Its only getting better there too.

hope this helps.

howdy. spain's really nice, i've been there. when i was 7. so i can't remember it much.

umm, ok. doxycyline are anti-biotics. i'm suprised you were perscribed that. i hate to say this, but minocycline is better. not by much though. it's just that doxycycline is dirt cheap in comparison. give it 2 weeks before your holiday, and if you still have acne, ask the doc to go to 200-250mg a day. also if you have the money, get some pro-biotics. anti-biotics kill bacteria. great for acne, but not for your intestines. it just means constipation. but then again here pro-biotics are $50 a bottle, and you need to store them in the fridge which is annoying. personally, i'd rather be constipated and save $50 a month. yes... I know I'm stingy. it's your choice though really.

have fun though! oh, and make sure you get some churizos! churizos estas muy bueno. i think that's how they're spelt. when i went there, they had them in maccas for breakfast. but they're pretty famous over there and really nice.