Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have noticed that alot of people that live near the ocean and are in the salt water alot tend to have nice skin complexion with really mild to no acne. I have mild acne and i dont live close to the ocean, but what if i washed my face with salt water instead of tap water and mild soap? Would this help or would it just be the biggest mistake of my life?

the biggest mistake of yours and everyone else's.

but seriously, what kind of salt would you be using? i have not heard of any salt water being effective in cleansing the face or curing acne.

I think exercise and salt water are really god in preventing acne. I used to do lots of running and go to the beach alot. I had some pimples on my face but nothing terrible. I stopped doing as much running and some pimples started appearing on my back. Now that I have also stopped going to the beach as well as running...out of control.

yea, well maybe i could of explained it better, In my past spring break experiances when i have been to the ocean and in the salt water i have had a clear face for the whole week and atleast a week or two afterwards. And if i had to use salt, i would just use regular salt that you can by from the store that you put on ur ordinary foods.

I'm in total agreement with energizer. The summer is a godsend for me in terms of my skin. Last summer, my skin, although far from perfect, was drastically better than it was in the winter, and I was not on any medications at the time. I, too, believe my skin benefits from a combination of sun, salt water, and jogging. I usually wait until the weather warms up before I start running, but I began running again about 2 months ago. It has definitely helped, as has the humidity, I think. I'm still not fully satisfied, though, and I think the salt water might be the missing ingredient, but I can't go swimming until June/July because the water's frigid right now. Sea salt baths maybe?

I'm in total agreement with energizer. The summer is a godsend for me in terms of my skin. Last summer, my skin, although far from perfect, was drastically better than it was in the winter, and I was not on any medications at the time. I, too, believe my skin benefits from a combination of sun, salt water, and jogging. I usually wait until the weather warms up before I start running, but I began running again about 2 months ago. It has definitely helped, as has the humidity, I think. I'm still not fully satisfied, though, and I think the salt water might be the missing ingredient, but I can't go swimming until June/July because the water's frigid right now. Sea salt baths maybe?

When my father was a young man, they prescribed some form of sodium for it. Not sure if it was applied to the face or taken in tablet form.

Ocean water is much different than tap water with sodium chloride. It has bacteria and nutrients and trillions of life-forms in it. That combined with the ultra-violet light from the sun is great for your skin, and that's why people clear up when going on vacation near a beach.