Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sco77

Potatoe Update

LOL!

I had totally forgotten about using potatoes! I had also read about slicing them and rubbing the slices on your face, and whenever I DO remember to use them (usually when I am home alone so that my roommate doesn't think that I'm a total nut...), they do a remarkable job of toning the skin, reducing blotchiness, and really brightening my whole face--great for a pick-me-up, though I wouldn't reccommend daily use.

The thread you linked to mentions that the potato juice works as well as lemon juice...I wonder if this has to do with the vitamin c in potatoes...read more about their benefits here (fyi, this is a great website for info on other foods, and also offers some excellent recipes for those who love to cook, like me :D )

hmm, I think I'll have to give myself a potato facial tomorrow :razz:

thanks for the reminder!

I am sitting here with potato on my face and its burning a bit...is this unusual? i wonder if sweet potato's would provide any benefit?

lol sorry that made me actually lol..... i'm imagining u sittin there with potato on ur face :lol:

sounds like an interesting theory.... may try this one day... :)

How long do you leave it on for?

I must have had almost everything on there now, lemons cucumber blah blah, its like an alotment LOL

I am sitting here with potato on my face and its burning a bit...is this unusual? i wonder if sweet potato's would provide any benefit?

lol sorry that made me actually lol..... i'm imagining u sittin there with potato on ur face :lol:

ya...It was kinda funny..those damned Tater-Tots would not stick and kept on falling off... :lol:

How long do you leave it on for?

I must have had almost everything on there now, lemons cucumber blah blah, its like an alotment LOL

mmm...sounds delicious...you would be better off eating that salad...lol

BTW..did you guys see the LAST username and post in that link??? hahaaaa.....cracked me up!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I did last night for about 30 minutes and then rinced it off.

I think there is a slight improvement on a couple of red marks, if nothing else it certainly dries up any excess oil!

rofl i couldn't imagine me sat there with potatoe's on my face, if i got caught off my family id die of shame.

my family has seen me with all kinds of funky masks and veggies stuck to my face...lol..I have nodoubt surpasssed the trauma of them thinking i am a bit insane...it's kinda fun actually. The problem arises when they start laughing at me, I start laughing and blow all the veggies etc off my face. Best to try something like this when they are asleep or not home...alot less waste... :razz:

It definately helps !!

Done 3 days now and im well pleased

How much would you think it has lightened your red marks?- Percentage-wise...

Well I had one massive zit on my right cheek the other week.

Used anti-septic cream which dried the zit but left the inevitable red mark.

Once it had dried i used potatoes or "potato juice" for 30-45 mins 4 days in a row now and i can honestly say its nearly vanished. So I'd say the combo of anti-septic (which ive stopped using now) has fadad that individual mark 60-70%!!!

No word of a lie!

I have also noticed other marks that were fading with time are benefiting.

I just wanted to say, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for providing this information. I tried making a mask with powdered milk and a potato I mashed up. When I applied this mask on my face, I decided to leave it on overnight (I would not recommend this due to the dryness of the milk), but when I woke up to wash it off, I started to cry. Yeah, I know--weird. But I've been fighting the battle with acne and the blotchiness from the pimples for 13 or 14 years now and it was a relief to see much of the redness gone. I couldn't stop looking at my face! You've made me a believer! Thank you so much!

I found this link too: http://www.pioneerthinking.com/ph_beauty.html

It talks about different skincare recipes using potatoes. I hope the link works; if not, you can cut and paste it.

Man good thing i stumbled across this whole potatoe thing lol Good news 4 u 2 PhaiG what do u mean by powder milk?

I'm talking about that skim milk in a powder form that you can add water to and drink (I get the Carnation kind from grocery stores). I've been using powdered milk mixed with water as a lactic acid treatment, and it has helped my skin glow a lot. I have the Nestle Carnation Instant Nonfat Dry milk. I guess I'm trying to be Cleopatra--she reportedly took milk baths and they helped her skin, so I decided to try it too. I got the idea from this site: http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/self/109

O ok do u remember the measurements with the powder milk and potato and do u mash a full potato and then mixed it with the powder milk

O ok do u remember the measurements with the powder milk and potato and do u mash a full potato and then mixed it with the powder milk

Yes, I would like to know the measurements and how much potato to use too if you don't mind. Thanks.

Hi guys. I didn't measure the powdered milk; I just made sure that I had enough to make a thick paste so it would stay on my face without running down. I didn't cut the potato in half or anything; I just cut a tiny piece off the end and rubbed the moist part on my face. And I didn't peel it either; I was excited to try it but I didn't want to take the time to peel it, I guess. I mashed up the piece of potato in a small bowl and then applied it to my face with my hands. I have enough to apply tonight, so the potato is sitting in the milk mixture now. I probably need some brushes or something so I don't stick my hands in these mixtures and contaminate them or something. But the potato definitely worked. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures to show you guys. I'm thinking of moving to Idaho now. :)

ok can u say again the steps you took in doing this?

like 1)

2)

nvm the quantities, but im confused as to how it went in order

Thnx

I'm sorry about that. Guess I got so happy about this that I started rambling.

First, I took a potato out of my cabinet and sliced off a piece at the end (just a small piece because I'd never done this before).

Second, I rubbed the moist side of the potato on my skin.

Third I took a knife and cut that one slice up into chunks and started to mash the chunks up.

Fourth, I'd already had some powdered milk and water mixed up in a small bowl, so I put the mashed pieces of potato in the bowl with the powdered milk and mixed the water and the milk together.

Fifth, I took some of the liquid from the mashed up potato and powdered milk and put it on my face.

As I said before, I would not recommend leaving the mixture on overnight due to the drying effects of the milk (not to mention I had a sticky pillowcase). But it went well. I'm going to see what I can do with putting the potato in a food processor and blending it with the milk that way--maybe that will make it smoother. After I rinsed the potato off my face, I used my apple cider vinegar toner and saw a lot of dead skin cells on the cotton balls after wiping them across my face with the toner on them. Then I let that dry and put on salicylic acid. I know in one of my earlier posts I said that I wasn't using as much SA or BP since I started NuCelle--I'm just trying to get rid of what's left of the SA. This was just an idea to piggyback Sco77; you get all the credit and more for how you're helping people. I'm only relying on trial and error for everything I'm doing--not an expert! But I hope that I'm helping someone, because we're all in this together, right?

I'm sorry about that. Guess I got so happy about this that I started rambling.

First, I took a potato out of my cabinet and sliced off a piece at the end (just a small piece because I'd never done this before).

Second, I rubbed the moist side of the potato on my skin.

Third I took a knife and cut that one slice up into chunks and started to mash the chunks up.

Fourth, I'd already had some powdered milk and water mixed up in a small bowl, so I put the mashed pieces of potato in the bowl with the powdered milk and mixed the water and the milk together.

Fifth, I took some of the liquid from the mashed up potato and powdered milk and put it on my face.

As I said before, I would not recommend leaving the mixture on overnight due to the drying effects of the milk (not to mention I had a sticky pillowcase). But it went well. I'm going to see what I can do with putting the potato in a food processor and blending it with the milk that way--maybe that will make it smoother. After I rinsed the potato off my face, I used my apple cider vinegar toner and saw a lot of dead skin cells on the cotton balls after wiping them across my face with the toner on them. Then I let that dry and put on salicylic acid. I know in one of my earlier posts I said that I wasn't using as much SA or BP since I started NuCelle--I'm just trying to get rid of what's left of the SA. This was just an idea to piggyback Sco77; you get all the credit and more for how you're helping people. I'm only relying on trial and error for everything I'm doing--not an expert! But I hope that I'm helping someone, because we're all in this together, right?

we sure are, thnx for the info man. I think i might try this today, but guess what, i checked in my kitchen to see if had potatoes, and i didnt, always when you need something its never there, now to go to the store cheers :lol:

One thing im wondering, sorry to burst peoples bubbles, is..... is this a quick fix bleech type solution, or permanent???

Any thoughts

My guess is that it's a gradual process that will work ofver time if continued, like any other great success with products we've found. I want to continue seeing where this goes, personally. I've spent so much money and time in expensive products that didn't work well for me that I want to have a chance to try some home remedies and see if they work. I'm optimistic. I'm doing a combination of home remedies and other creams and lotions sold in stores. I'm optimistic and definitely ready for a change. I have had so many people tell me that I'll never be able to clear my skin. I accept their challenge. I will clear my skin and get through this.