Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xindel

I still see a bit oil

Finishing up month 3 of tane, on 60mg, I could handle up to 80mg though. I don't have dry skin I do see there is some people in here that don't get dry skin, but don't have oily skin either. Me I just have normal skin but after about 8-10 hours, on my forehead and my nose area feels slightly oily but just very little. Is this normal, this has been the same also when I was on a lower dose. I doubt 80mg will do a difference. But since getting upped to 60mg, I have noticed just a bit dryness on my chin and upper lip and that's it. I have been clearing this month though, looking a good deal better, but I'm worried since my skin gets slighty oily, that once I get off tane, I'll go into a relapse :confused:

But the funny thing is those places were I see the little oil I don't experience any outbreaks and it's uncommon for me to get them over those places, all I have is blackheads there but the worst part is gone and I hardly ever see new ones there.

Your dosage should depend on your weight. Typically, a 60 mg/day dose would be right for someone who weighs about 60kg (132 pounds). If you weigh significantly more, maybe you should talk to your derm about increasing the dosage.

P&W

Hmmmm...I don't think you have to be on the dose propertional to your weight throughout the whole course though. But not even a tiny bit of oil should exist on accutane, even what I'm experiencing? When I was on a lower dose, the same thing was happening, upping to 60mg, still hasn't increased drying, I doubt 80mg won't either, maybe 100mg a day will but that's too high!

shoot i weight 170 lbs and im only on 60 mg..but its only month 2 maybe ill go up to 100 by course end.