Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
goldenpp72

I got the peptides and exfol syrum 2 days ago. questions....

ok well I use the exfol in the morning and then copper peptides at night. well I do notice some difference but imo it looks worse. sorta weird looking. im going to keep it up though! the stuff does not hurt at all. it never has even for a second hurt. I also use about 4 drops of each. the stuff even though its in small bottles its really thick. and you only need a few drops. its good. also I didn't expect the peptides to be blue. I somehow thought they would be well... copper :cry:

Goldenrod,

Please, keep us posted on what kind of results you get from the peptides

and exfol. I hope it works out for you! :cry: LAET

something weird but good is happening now. my red marks are a lot lighter and they are resurfacing! before all my marks were sorta "indented" just a little but now their all like surfaced right and their fading. this stuff works fast. its also nice smelling. also note my skin is very fair toned... ill post more as things get better/worse.

Thanks so much for posting about the copper peptides and exfol serum. I have relatively shallow acne scars with a little discoloration. This process seems like it might be a fit for me. Any more information you could provide would be great. Perhaps where you bought the products and such. Thanks again, and I hope you beat this thing.

In Christ,

Mark

the website is www.skinbiology.com :cry: they have a lot of products. but me and barbequelover both got the exfol serum and Copper peptide serum combo (its cheaper in a combo). also I did not have many SCARS I just had long lasting red marks. some were scars tho. also if you buy the stuff it took about 3 or 4 days to get here (their in california and I live in AZ though :D ) also for use I use the exfol in the morning and peptides at night. also only use about 3 to 5 drops each time because the stuff is THICK. also be weary when tipping the bottle. the stuff pours out if you flip the bottle over because of its consistency. so be careful their. just tip it gently and squeeze gently :D I will post each time I see a difference be it bad or good. also their are other "more powerful" brands but I am a beleiver in slow and steady instead of harsh treatments...

Goldenpp,

I live in AZ also. Where abouts do you live and do you know of a good derm doc here that you can recommend? LAET

I live in mohave valley. and I can't recommend a good derm because imo their all idiots :cry: the one I went to (a year ago) said he wanted to put me on accutane and he also said I had to wait off the red marks (I still have some acne btw). he would not help me at all but he sure was happy to get paid (I have no med insurance) basically their are no professional derms in AZ. you need to visit in CA or something for that. look on the web. AZ is a poor state.

Goldenpp,

Keep us posted ... I have also ordered the Serum , should get it in a week or two. I am eager to see how this stuff works. You are saying that this stuff start working in a just a couple of days ? That seems to be very positive news, but in my experiance, most Ance related medication works well in the firts few weeks , but then its plateaus, and stops working any further. Maybe cycling treatments after 6-8 weeks wont be such a bad idea .. any suggestions here ?`

remember most acne things (soaps and whatnot) don't really help with acne. its all hoopla. same with scar treatments. we are all so desperate that we see stuff in mags/tv and such and then we buy it to find out it don't work. thats why we look for "odd cures" like this. copper peptided also use a different technology to fix this. for example glycolic acid peels and such seem more into "ripping off" the mark this stuff simply heals it. call it the neosporin for red marks if you will. also even though I use both these serums they seem not to help with acne AT ALL. but it doesn't cause any more then before and they do seem to heal about 2 or 3 times quicker. so thats nice. I have no idea about the cycling thing either. I doubt it would be required but hey it never hurts to try right? if you stop seeing results then try cycling it I guess. you should ask barbequelover though. hes been on this stuff way longer then me :cry:

True, the Exfol serum and CP serum probably won't help acne. The salicylic acid will probably help to unclog pores, but won't actually reduce swelling or anything like that. However, on the plus side, both serums don't actually lead to more acne, in my experience.

My face seems to improve a little bit as each day passes, but it's a long, grueling process, IMHO. I mean, there should be no "six month time table B.S." if it is going to work for you, it takes time. I'm using this super copper cream which I received as a free sample, Skin Bio's strongest copper formulation yet. It's quite soupy and stains your face blue, but that is to be expected, and it's not like I'm being filmed by "Entertainment Weekly" while I'm going to bed, you know?

To be honest, I just have been really not thinking about my scars all that much, pretty much trying to avoid the problem as much as possible. I actually find that I feel and look so much better this way, at least in my mind. Plus, I think I'm finding my way into a profession where I don't have to worry how my face is doing (if you must know, I'm now considering being a courier, delivering packages in my car, then eventually a truck driver......I'm actually really excited about this!)...

One thing I want to add: when you have the copper on your face, it will look worse. The copper seems to bring out your blemishes more. For those using it for red marks, I'm not sure what you should expect. Remember, this stuff was made mostly for pitted/indented scars, but if it works for those, I don't see any reason why it can't work for red marks.....

crush, old buddy, I have to add:

I think you have it wrong about acne medications. In fact, the first 6-8 weeks will seem like the medication is not working, even though it actually is(much like Retin-A and the initial break-out period). If an acne medication does plateau, it probably would take years, and even then I think it's highly unlikely that will happen. It might be involved more with other internal factors(stress, change in diet, change in skin care regimen) or any given number of external factors. Some antibiotics eventually you might become immune to, but with topicals, I don't really agree with others who believe there is a plateau.

Cycling is a bad idea. To go off for weeks at a time will only bring back an acne problem, and with Retin-A, that initial break-out will come back in full force all over again. It's better to stick it out, maybe take a few days off here or there if irritation occurs. Same with the copper.....if you don't have any problems, keep at it since it's a cumulative effect. The only time I would say cycling would be applicable is if you're treating scars in a multitude of ways; say, Retin-A for awhile, then peels, then exfoliants like salicylic acid, and maybe Vitamin C. But in my experience, stick with what works for you and stop worrying about your skin and just live!

its hard to just live with it tho. knowing you have "so much more potential" in the looks area just gets ya down. in fact red marks on me though their bad are not my worst cosmetic problem. I have these DARK under circles under the eyes. and im always tired to. this is my main concern. because of all these problems im starting to relise are common medicine REALLY sucks :cry:

goldenpp,

I used to have the same problem when I was in high school. I was always tired, especially once it hit, say, 4th period....I couldn't even stay awake. There are so many classes where I remember absolutely nothing of what I did or what was said. I had black circles under my eyes, too. My face was extrememly oily, and when I came back home each day, I would have some wonderful new acne. I was so bummed about this that I altered my diet to the point where I ate nothing remotely greasy or with fat, eating a little bit of meat and many vegetables. My acne became even worse......God, high school sucks, doesn't it!

I would recommend that you maybe get your thyroid checked, or get tested for mono. Most likely, though, if you have a pretty good history of health, it's just that your diet is not sufficient. I found that once I started eating more and pretty much anything I wanted, my acne got so much better. I'll even eat *crap*, if I may call it, such as greasy foods or fried foods with not much thought anymore. I had 6 crab rangoons from a Chinese restaurant yesterday(YUM, YUM to my TUM), something I never would have done before....

Of course, being 22 now, I think my acne should be pretty well under control. I think it was just something I had to suffer before, no matter what I did.......

not feeling refreshed after sleeping, acne, oily skin. This was me! Before I discovered that I have hypoglycemia. Try cutting out all refined carbohydrates and see if your condition improves.

Funny I never learned anything in 4th period-it was after lunch for me, I would get so tired and sometimes just sleep through the class.

well I lack insurance. I went to a doctor once (without insurance like a few weeks ago). he said to take allegra D and so I bought that (150 bucks altogther!) and well it made me feel a little better during the day till I found out it caused... insomnia :X what an idiot doctor. im only 17 and im trying to get on a med insurance now because this sucks. my main fear is that I might have a incurable disease or something. is their some sort of "test" where they can check to see if you have any disorders at all? (sorry for going off topic ;) ) also no more improvement today on the peptides. looks the same as yesterday. I guess I can't expect a miracle in a day though. im going to put the peptides on now and sleep :)

I have been reading your posts about derms and health and all. I have to agree that most conventional doctors want to have you take an antibiotic or even worse Accutane, and good-bye. I have gone to 4 different ones in the past 6 years - 2 women and 2 men - derms - and the women were snottier and did not even look at my skin, just gave me a prescription, etc. I even went to an OB/GYN nurse practitioner lately for a hormone test, and they did not check all the hormones, just one, I just found out! So I have to have it again.

What I am trying to say is it is mighty hard to find a good derm. I know one of you lives in Arizona - what about Dr. Andrew Weil, who lives there, and is an integrative m.d. (practices both conventional and naturopathic).

Here is what I have been doing, and I agree with bbqlover-it takes time! I am as impatient as anybody, and I used to quit stuff long before it could work. I finally went to a naturopathic doctor at nearby Bastyr Clinic of Naturopathy in Seattle, a real goldmine of help and very inexpensive. $88 for a first two-hour visit! $33 for a follow-up visit of 1 hour. People who really cared and too time.

I went end of October and after a week or so, my face got so BAD! Breakout all over, cystic and all, and I could not go out! But now it is drying up and one side is almost totally without any new breakout, just little red marks, and the other side is starting to dry up and all. My skin is far less oily. I believe it was the toxins coming out or the homeopathic one-time dose she prescribed me that caused it to be so bad at first.

I am convinced that our skin is by far a reflection of our inner health, and while doing things like not touching your face with your hands, not using a washrag, and using a gentle soap are all very helpful, it is the inward methods taking time to work themselves out that help the most. Take time but they work! I tried the b.p. (the mildest like Dan said) and it did not work for me in the long run. Tried the Retin-A Micro and it was way too harsh. Tried the Differin, no help. Cannot use the salycic acid products at all.

Here is what I am doing, if that helps anybody out there. Go see a naturopath for your specific needs, however. Taking Vitamin A (25,000 i.u. max) in a cod liver oil pill by NOW and 4 Herpacinine pills found at health food stores made of beta carotene, vitamin E, and some amino acids. Taking zinc with copper, 60 units a day. Taking a liver cleanse pill called NOW, all natural herbs in there like milk thistle. Probotics when I remember it. 2 grapefruit seed extract pills a day. At least 8 glasses of water a day. No caffeine. Glycerin soap to wash face with, uncolored one. Flax seeds ground up on cereal. The doctor did give me an homeopathic herb, for my specific type, called arsinicum which I took only one time at the beginning.

Anyway, look into the natural way and give it a try. It took me 6 weeks but I see my skin looking better and better, hope hope, and wanted to share. Byu the way, I am 23, female, oily yet sensitive skin, very fair.

Caio, Karen

my acne is not TO bad anymore. I excercise and eat healthy nowadays. I always have 2 or 3 bumps on my face at any given time. problem is they leave red marks 50 percent of the time. one problem with doctors in general is that they hate people with knowledge. I study the human body and how it works a lot. and I know a lot about how our bodys work and I also am sure acne is caused by eating some foods. but very few foods. spicy food impaticularly seems to aggrevate acne but greasy foods don't... also a short story with a dentist I went to see. I chipping one of my front teeth in a car accident. it was pretty minor and I knew it would not cost to much to fix. I went to a dentist (first time to see this one in paticular) and he got mad when I made some suggestions. he said "our personalities don't mesh" and then said "im 50 years old and I like to enjoy my job and you making suggestions does not allow me to enjoy it" then he told me to find someone else. then I said things to him I won't repeat on this board because of the rules im sure it has :X in short doctors suck. their arrogant and seem to try and drain you and they hate a person who knows whats up.

Wow, that's really something about that dentist, goldenpp. I think it's about the time he got the, as Germans would say, "Da Boot."

I agree that many doctors are like that; a well-informed person actually might not accept all the B.S. they may hand out. However, from a good doctor's perspective, you are visiting him for his expertise and coming up to him and in a way, *challenging* him is kind of a slap in the face. I'm not saying all doctors are as smart as they seem or all patients need to nod in agreement with everything that is said, but if I thought I knew as much as I did, why bother going to the doctor? My favorite doctors, and not so coincidentally, the ones I continuously visit, welcome any questions or input I may have and do not feel slighted by any knowledge I (attempt) to show. They have gone through medical school for years and have had their own practice for even longer......I must respect that.

Still, your dentist was in the wrong, unless one of your suggestions was for him to perform this operation for free! 8)

Im starting to think i should have more imput with my appointments. I usually tell them my problem and accept what they say and leave, even if most times i dont agree with what they say. I am going to do more research in future, although my doctor has been really nice to me in regards to my skin so far.

I think the advice on this board is better than any derm can give to you, I hate derms because I dont think they know what they are talking about. Plus all they want is your money, they dont even care about you.