Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
berg

What Kind of Acne Do i Have?

I am 15 years old, and i have have acne since i was 12. I go to a dematoligist every other week and i get my face sprayed with i think co2 i'm not sure. Iv'e tryied proactive, didnt work. Last summer i tryied acutane for 2 months but my mom had me stop it b/c of the back pains i was getting from it. Ive tryied other antibiotics and over the counter prodects and nothing has worked for me. My acne used to be worse but its starting to get better even though im not using anything to make my acne go away. Today i went looking for the things to use for the regimen. I had trouble finding 2.5 bp but i had a pharmacist order it. The one thing about my acne that i really HATE is the purple/red ness around my cheks. Are they scars? I pop my pimples if the white puss shows i know im not supposed to but id rather not walk around with white heads all over my face. I would really appreciate it if some1 was to tell me a way of clearing up my acne.

Here are the pics

for some reason it didnt load the pics...so here i uploaded them to photbucket

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I would say moderate acne. Try the clear skin regime, it should work for you...it cleared my face up dramatically but I still get a few pimples from time to time.

I would say moderate acne. Try the clear skin regime, it should work for you...it cleared my face up dramatically but I still get a few pimples from time to time.

thnks for responding....which products for the regimen do you use?

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar

Zapzyt 10% BP

Nuetrogena Moisture For Sensative Skin

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar

Zapzyt 10% BP

Nuetrogena Moisture For Sensative Skin

whats the diffrence betwenn 10%bp and 2.5 % is 2.5 better b/c i had a ver hard time finding it today

2.5 provides the effectiveness of a 10% Benzol peroxide formula with less irritation. yea i walk around with whiteheads anyway because when i pop them it keeps comming and comming and i end up holding a tissue to my face which SCReAMs "PIMPLE POPPER" they used to have neutrogena on the spot (its 2.5%) but i think they discontinued it so it would be very hard to find but its good stuff just mash it on or buy dans gel

2.5 provides the effectiveness of a 10% Benzol peroxide formula with less irritation. yea i walk around with whiteheads anyway because when i pop them it keeps comming and comming and i end up holding a tissue to my face which SCReAMs "PIMPLE POPPER" they used to have neutrogena on the spot (its 2.5%) but i think they discontinued it so it would be very hard to find but its good stuff just mash it on or buy dans gel

most likely im gonna buy dans gel

any1 know if it looks like if i have scars on my face? :cry:

yeah to me those looks like scars...but having scars isn't so bad because over time they heal, at least they do with me for most of them anyways some have not completely faded but it's no biggie.

yeah to me those looks like scars...but having scars isn't so bad because over time they heal, at least they do with me for most of them anyways some have not completely faded but it's no biggie.

now im really pissed...unless can dans regimen get rid of the scars?

no only really time can heal scars, they fade with time with me most of them anyways. i use this stuff from zenmed called skin eraser it has faded them but they're still not completely gone.

no only really time can heal scars, they fade with time with me most of them anyways. i use this stuff from zenmed called skin eraser it has faded them but they're still not completely gone.

1st what im going to do is try the regimen...vegasmike- where did u get ur bp b/c i looked all over for it and i could only find 10% and i dont want to wait for dans bp unless he does very fast shipping..b/c i want to start the regimen soon but about the scars.. i have no idea where they came from...i didnt really pick around my cheks and my chin and my dermo said there not scars so who knows wut they r

nm...i see wut kind of bp u use...did u get it @ wallgreens and does ur skin have a lot of irritation plus how long have u been on the regimen and do u have pics of before and now?

yeah you definetly want to try the regime first, it cleared me up for a week but then my acne started to come back. i got my bp 10% from walgreens yes, or any drug store or grocery store carries the stuff it's not hard to find. you can also order it online from drugstore.com. sorry i do not have any pictures to show you.

but as far as the scars go, a lot of time after you get a pimple it will scar, only good thing about it is they say once you get the scar you'll never get a pimple there again or so they say. don't know if that's true or not.

yeah you definetly want to try the regime first, it cleared me up for a week but then my acne started to come back. i got my bp 10% from walgreens yes, or any drug store or grocery store carries the stuff it's not hard to find. you can also order it online from drugstore.com. sorry i do not have any pictures to show you.

but as far as the scars go, a lot of time after you get a pimple it will scar, only good thing about it is they say once you get the scar you'll never get a pimple there again or so they say. don't know if that's true or not.

does the 10% irritate ur skin?

does the 10% irritate ur skin?

doesn't irritate it at all, just dries it up which leaves it flaky so i have to use extra moisturizer.

ok...tommorw im gonna go out and buy the zapzyt 10%bp and the purpose gentle cleansing bar....yesterday i bought the Eucerin original Moisturizing creme...is that a good moisturizer?btw- on the eucerin bottle it says dermatologist recommended....

ok...tommorw im gonna go out and buy the zapzyt 10%bp and the purpose gentle cleansing bar....yesterday i bought the Eucerin original Moisturizing creme...is that a good moisturizer?btw- on the eucerin bottle it says dermatologist recommended....

any kind of moisturizer as long as it's oil free and doesn't clog your pores should be fine.

you don't have to buy the zapzyt, walgreens also sells their own brand of bp which is a little bit less but i like the zapzyt one better. and if they don't have the purpose gentle bar you can get that cetaphil or whatever it's called it's supposed to be just as good.

any kind of moisturizer as long as it's oil free and doesn't clog your pores should be fine.

you don't have to buy the zapzyt, walgreens also sells their own brand of bp which is a little bit less but i like the zapzyt one better. and if they don't have the purpose gentle bar you can get that cetaphil or whatever it's called it's supposed to be just as good.

one of the ingredents of the eucerin cream in mineral oil...is that badd? but im gonna get the zapzyt since u say that it works...wut is it 10 buxs? but thnks for ur help...btw- i sent u a pm last night about IMing me when u get a chance...

one of the ingredents of the eucerin cream in mineral oil...is that badd? but im gonna get the zapzyt since u say that it works...wut is it 10 buxs? but thnks for ur help...btw- i sent u a pm last night about IMing me when u get a chance...

don't know about mineral oil, not really sure about it but if it's dermo approved, it might be alright. zapzyt was $5 for a 1.oz tube which usually lasts me about a week. overall your gonna spend about $35 a month on these products that i'm using.

my aol IM is down by the way if you need to e-mail me:

[email protected]

don't know about mineral oil, not really sure about it but if it's dermo approved, it might be alright. zapzyt was $5 for a 1.oz tube which usually lasts me about a week. overall your gonna spend about $35 a month on these products that i'm using.

my aol IM is down by the way if you need to e-mail me:

[email protected]

$35 is fine...btw- how old r u?

Mild to moderate and your derm is spraying Co2 on your face? The paintball co2? Wow...very interesting.

i doubt that bout the paintball co2 lol...ill ask him wen i see him

Yo im also 16 and Id say my acne is pretty close to yours...let me ask you this though, do you mostly just have red marks, and the occasional active pimple?