Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest tired of this shish

whaaa!! I really want to cry!!!

Guest tired of this shish

I friggin' burned my face with Evoclin (clindamycin foam)...shish works like a dream, but my face was irritated that particular day and I put it on anyways, now I've got a big round friggin' red circle that's been there for like 3 days. I haven't used anything since, but it's still not healing...I don't know what to do!! This lady scared me into thinking someone she knew did the same thing with a chemical and had a permanent burn that never healed!!

Let me first teach you a lesson about people. People are idiots... They walk, talk and sometimes even go to work, but- they are still idiots. Some are such large idiots, in fact, that they should be required to wear a sign. However, I do not run the government and as unfortunate as that is- It's the truth so I can't make anyone wear signs unless I put it on their back when they aren't looking...(which is what I suggest you do to the lady who scared you...Because we need to file her under "IDIOT")

Anyway... My lesson leads us to my answer. You can't have a chemical burn forever. You can't have any burn forever, actually.. If you do, that means you died. And even if you died, you still technically aren't burned forever. See my pattern, hun? So... Dont freak out. I understand that it's alarming and completely not fun at the moment.. but your burn will heal. Burns tend to take awhile to heal, and then it seems rapid... I burned myself before and so I talk from experience. I felt like it would never go away, because it never looked any better- then boom! One day I woke up and it seemed 50% better. So... dont worry about it, ok? Leave it alone, because burns are open skin and you dont want grime, the bird flu, and scum of the earth in there. Keep it clean, and depending on how bad it is.. you may want to ask a pharmacist for some type of ointment to speed the healing and to keep it moist so that it doesnt scar. (I Don't think it will scar anyway... usually burns from things like Evoclin or benzoyl peroxide are superficial burns and don't effect the underlying adipose tissue. When you destroy that (it's a fatty layer) that's usually when a scar forms.

I friggin' burned my face with Evoclin (clindamycin foam)...shish works like a dream, but my face was irritated that particular day and I put it on anyways, now I've got a big round friggin' red circle that's been there for like 3 days. I haven't used anything since, but it's still not healing...I don't know what to do!! This lady scared me into thinking someone she knew did the same thing with a chemical and had a permanent burn that never healed!!

Put neopsorin on it and give your doctor a call, regardless if this is an OTC or Rx topical.

I think people tend to put way too much faith in department store make up ladies claiming to be "skin experts" and not enough in the advice of a good doctor or nurse. We use products that claim to do wondrous things when are really full of benign crap. On the other end of the scale, we take for granted that potency of other treatments that should never be self administered.

I hope your chemical burn heals quickly. Take care.