Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TOPTEACH

FRAXEL WILL WORK

Hello all. I just wanted to say that i did my first fraxel treatmen this past Wednesday. Had off from teaching all week so why not. Welll the first two days i wanted to die. I was so red and had blood pricks everywhere. Then towards the end of day two it really started improving. I could NOT GO ANYWHERE DURING THESE TWO DAYS. Over the last three day it has improved 80 percent and i can go out with comfort. Since the swelling has gone down i can still see my scars but i feel as though there will be a general improvement in skin quality. I am excited and will do again. I have moderate scars on cheeks only and do not want downtime of other lasers. I will keep you posted if things really get juicy or go sour. paid 1,000 bucks but who cares if it makes you look better. Good luck all

jesus 1000$?!? that is awful! you should have the 4-treatment plan... for like 2.8-3.2 thousand. anyway i am glad to hear your "results" :think: ... 80% sounds like a lie if you ask me but meh, who knows. perhaps it is the swelling. :rolleyes: oh wait, three days after fraxel -- it IS the swelling.. my fraxel only gave me 30-40%? after 4 treatments and i have moderate shallow rolling scars too. well best of luck to you mate.

80%.... :rolleyes::doubt::doh::wall:

jesus 1000$?!? that is awful! you should have the 4-treatment plan... for like 2.8-3.2 thousand. anyway i am glad to hear your "results" :think: ... 80% sounds like a lie if you ask me but meh, who knows. perhaps it is the swelling. :rolleyes: oh wait, three days after fraxel -- it IS the swelling.. my fraxel only gave me 30-40%? after 4 treatments and i have moderate shallow rolling scars too. well best of luck to you mate.

80%.... :rolleyes: :doubt: :doh: :wall:

Jillin,

I think you need to read these posts and understand them a bit better before you do the rolling eyes thing. In TOPTEACH's context the meaning of improvement was skin recovery and not improvement in scars. For the first two days the appearance of the skin after the laser treatment was so bad going out in public was unacceptable but after 3 days the skin was 80% recovered to where it was before treatment and going out in public feels comfortable.

So let me roll my eyes at you a bit :rolleyes:

Understand the post before you stir the pot and make accusations about people lying. :doh:

Posts like yours can build alot of ill will and resentment so stop it especially if you don't read someone's message well enough to understand what they are saying.

Hello everyone. I am six days removed from my first fraxel laser. I have acne scaring just on my cheeks. I feel it is bad but doctors tell me it is subjective. THe first two days my cheecks were so red and bloody i wanted to cry but by 40 hours the bloody dots were all but gone. YOU MUST USE AQUAFOR OR VASALINE and keep face moistureized at all times during the first few days. Now six days later i am still red but i am able to resume my life. After day three i went out. THe first two days you can not go anywhere if the doctor is treating acne scarring. Wrinkles you can go out in 5 minutes. Finally although still red i can see the scars still but overall they def look better and skins appearace if smoother. I will go for next three at thousand a pop and predict that i will def get at least 50 percent improvement. Remember if you get 30-50 percent on your scars then although not perfect life will be way better. Overall i recomment this so far to everyone wanting to not suffer 5 months of rosy cheeks from lasers.. ALso i had acne for 8 years or so and it has been gone for last 3. Reatine Micro every night or every other night helps smooth out scars as well and rebuild collegen so please be smart and try different approaches i will keep you all posted GOOD LUCK

TOPTEACH,

Please do not start new threads for the same subject. I have merged your threads. By the way are you just getting fraxel treatments on your cheeks or full face? $1000 for just the cheeks is way expensive.

Thanks

:D whole face is getting treated but he does more passes on the cheeks. Sorry about the second thread could not find the first one. Face is impoving a great deal and i really think overall appearance is going to be impoved at least 15 percent. Not necesseraly scars but i am talking about overall skin quality. WHich is amazing. Red is practically gone but probally need another week to see full revision. I cant wait for round two but since i teach i have to wait till next break in may.... Hey how come i read so few success stories on this site. Is it that people have such severe scarring or acne. Again my cheeks were def scarred but just on cheek area. thanks for your quick responses :razz::razz:;):drool::)

Speaking of 'Fraxel laser' I was on the follwoing website address yesterday : http://www.lvcosmeticsurgery.com/qanda_Laser_Resurfacing.asp

This surgeon, Dr Jlio L Garcia, had nothing good to say about fraxel laser treatment. He rather praised the likes of CO2, Rhytec and YAG laser as more effective. He stated that from his own experience the effectiveness of fraxel was minimal compared to those others.

You should give the link I have provided a look in.

TopTeach -

Not to sound rude, but you've literally only had one Fraxel session, and u had it just a few days prior to your first post, yet your subject line is "FRAXEL WILL WORK/FRAXEL SUCCESS"?

You have seen absolutely no improvement (nor could you possibly at this point). While it's important to stay optimistic, you cannot be certain of your success.

TopTeach -

Not to sound rude, but you've literally only had one Fraxel session, and u had it just a few days prior to your first post, yet your subject line is "FRAXEL WILL WORK/FRAXEL SUCCESS"?

You have seen absolutely no improvement (nor could you possibly at this point). While it's important to stay optimistic, you cannot be certain of your success.

Your natural but I dont know how sweet lol.

Maybe not sweet, but I just don't feel it's appropriate to misrepresent treatments and their benefits or downsides.

A lot of people, like me, come here to share experiences, and we expect honesty and direct answers. I don't think it's right to be giving people false hope, especially when you're talking about a very expensive and relatively new treatment option.