Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stuartdstud

accutane questions

Started accutane yesterday got a few questions for people on it, after a few months do youstill have the same harshness of dryness and side effects? also have any of you been able to keep your lips moisturized with out having them crack and look like their bleeding?? also does anyone know if its ok to smoke pot well on it?

The pot I can't really help you with, although accutane messes with your body enough that I would say hold off.

The side effects come and go for me, and I think it's the same with all the other Accutaners. It also depends on your dosage and weight. (Mine are mild because I weigh 115 lbs and I am taking 40 mgs.)

Try Burt's bees for your lips - not shiny, tastes like mint, and has great staying power. Slather it on a ton right before you go to bed, and reapply during the day. You shouldn't have any problems! Good luck!

i snoke weed, but ive only smoked it a few times while on accutane, in all seriousness i've wigged out before, but the other day, i whiteyd HARD and freaked the fuck out.... dunno if it was accutane, but its never been as bad as that, if i was you, i'd lay off it, cause accutane can effect you mentally, and so can weed, so if they're both workin on you mentally, it could fuck you up

i snoke weed, but ive only smoked it a few times while on accutane, in all seriousness i've wigged out before, but the other day, i whiteyd HARD and freaked the fuck out.... dunno if it was accutane, but its never been as bad as that, if i was you, i'd lay off it, cause accutane can effect you mentally, and so can weed, so if they're both workin on you mentally, it could fuck you up

RIIIIGGGHHHTTTTTT....Perhaps its not the weed or the tane my friend. Ive smoked pot multiple times on Tane and have been fine. Its not a problem.

As far as dry lips go, my derm warned me to stay away from chapsticks because they can have a nasty rebound dryness. I use aquaphor and it works like a charm.

Hey could I just jump on here and ask a couple of questions myself? I'm on my third day of accutane.

Does anybody else feel tired after taking accutane? I've felt very tired since I started taking it...but I don't know if it's connected yet.

When was the worst breakout point? Before the end of the first month? I can already see some stuff being pushed out, and I was curious how good/bad it will look by next month?

Hey could I just jump on here and ask a couple of questions myself? I'm on my third day of accutane.

Does anybody else feel tired after taking accutane? I've felt very tired since I started taking it...but I don't know if it's connected yet.

When was the worst breakout point? Before the end of the first month? I can already see some stuff being pushed out, and I was curious how good/bad it will look by next month?

thanks for the replys the first girl who posted after seeing ur gallery and how good ur lips are u made me feel alot better!! thank you

RIIIIGGGHHHTTTTTT....Perhaps its not the weed or the tane my friend. Ive smoked pot multiple times on Tane and have been fine. Its not a problem.

It's really been established beyond any reasonable doubt, at this point, that different people react to accutane in different ways and in levels of severity.

Look for balms and stuff that doesn't contain menthol, because that's what the chapstick companies put in there to dry your lips out and make you need more chapstick.

Check out the first page of my accutane log (link in my signature) to see all the best advice I can offer!

The first month or two on accutane I seriously needed to sleep 12-14 hours a night to function properly. Now I have insomnia... and ADD. I CAN'T WIN !! :evil:

I got worse the first week or two, and have improved ever since. Day to day you can't scrutinize your face because it will get better then worse and back and forth... but overall your skin will improve a lot. My skin improved the most zit-wise during the second month, and skin-tone improved most during the third month. I am almost on month four! :shock:

But as someone else posted, accutane affects everyone differently. There is absolutely no way to predict how you will react. Some people break out the entire 4-6 months on accutane, and the months following their skin clears perfectly.

Good luck!

ugh, where do you get aquaphor.. people always mention it.

I use blistex herbal chapstick for the day and sum frenchy wax stuff overnight.

I never see it anywhere at pharmaplus.

Aquaphor is sold in the US, in all drug stores.

Eucerin is the one that makes the product but don't sell Aquaphor in other countries. They're losing money.

www.drugstore.com has it and they deliver internationally thru some service called Comerxia. I live in the US and i'm not sure how that works, but just giving you ideas. I have ordered from drugstore.com before and they are excellent. Also they sell it on Ebay & some sellers will deliver international.

Aquaphor is great, I have to say. That's the only thing that worked for me. I heard from friends it's also great for diaper rashes, and dry feet.

okay? the weed didn't do it at all.... yeah right, i just did it to myself lmao... i just sed i whiteyd out hard, and it's never happened like that, and i am on roaccutane right now, so i dont know if i just whiteyd hard for no reason or cos of tane.... dont act like you no everything, i was just giving my advice and my personal opinions from what ive experienced

Thanks TennesseeGrl. :)

I think I'd rather be sleeping all the time then not able to sleep at all...I hope that gets better for you! But I'm glad to know it's normal.

K

ive just been researching the whole organic jojoba oil thing...it really evens out skin, hydrates it and doesnt clog the pores..1 or drops in the evenning on a damp face might make all the difference..