Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shaving is annoying, first of all. Second of all, has any(male)one been able to shave with a razor on accutane? My electric is not working very well and causes me to break out sometimes even when i clean it. I use aloe vera as a shaving cream b/c i dont trust the one i have of being non-comedogenic. It works fine but when should i stop using a razor? Will it cause too much irritation eventually?

I shave every 2nd day with a razor on accutane and never had any real problems.....slight bit of shaving rash at times but only usually when my razor blade is a bit old. Just be gental when you shave as pushing harder will not result in a cleaner shave....only more problems

yea i am gentle when i use a razor but its annoying when u have 1-2 freaking pimples on ur neck and end up with a circle of hair surrounding it cause u cant shave around it!! Im not too experienced ive only been shaving for 2 years im about to turn 16 but it used to be like once a month. Now its once per 3 days. Im sure ill find a way to shave around stupid pimples eventually. Hopefully 'tane will take that problem away!!

Hey Ant,

I use the new Fusion Razor with Aveeno Body Wash to shave with in the shower. It works great. Also, I would recommend that if you want to keep using an electric, do yourself a favor and pay the extra cash for a good one. Nothing under $50 is worth a crap. Mine is a $70 Norelco 3 head and I've never had problems.

might be a weird present, but i got the braun activator (self cleaning one) for xmas this year and its been working pretty good but i just have to press down so hard to get the hair off..and if it isnt 100% clean then it gives me pimples if i press to hard. I also dont see the reason why they have those weird shaped foils between the actually hair cutter...the foils do nothing.