Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shineygal

amy's onion idea..

i see that mederma and other scar products contain onion extract.

so why not just use regular onion? i was thinking to peel an onion and tape it on (with a bandaide) to my red mark areas overnight to see what happens.

can someone try this? :dance:

~Amy

i see that mederma and other scar products contain onion extract.

so why not just use regular onion? i was thinking to peel an onion and tape it on (with a bandaide) to my red mark areas overnight to see what happens.

can someone try this? :dance:

I dont think it would be harmful to try this method, you never know, it might work

I can't see anything good.. coming out of taping onion to your face. First of all, it will probably burn your skin making it raw and irritated .. (hey, it burns your mouth doesnt it?)

..secondly, you and your bed will have the fine aroma of a stinky Burger joint..

.. thirdly...and by far, most importantly..

you may wake up with THIS creepy dude sitting next to you..IPB Image

causing you great emotional distress..which may lead to the worse break-out of your life...don't do it....its all bad.

hehehehe. lol bf.

shineygal if you decide to go ahead try a test patch on your inner elbow or something with just a tiny amount, then if no major reaction try a second patch test on your neck or on one red mark but again not so much onion. Just lead up to it gently and you may also wish to test ways that you can neutalise the smell (lemon??) for i think you would feel very self conscious the day after if you smelled strongly of onions.

gl though, nothing ventured nothing gained and you nvr know, plus better is something works natuarally.

im not brave enough to try this (worried about the smell and possible burning of my skin). and it sounds like a long-term commitment to get any results.

dont be shy to admit your trying my idea BF..

~Amy