Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SPaHB

My Regimen Log.

Hello everyone :)

.. I've tried many things and nothing works for good and alot of treatments make it so much worse.

I've tried

My Treatment History..

Dermatologist perscribed medicine

Benza clin - worked well until my dads coverage wouldn't pay for it any more :confused:

Then my derma put me on the generic version of that which is

Erthromycin benzoyl peroxide gel- which worked well but it made my skin very irritated and red it would peel for days (i understand that skin needs to get used to it)

Since it wasn't working fully she then perscribed antibiotics.

I can't remember what it was but after 6 months there was no real improvement

she then put me on another antibiotic after a few months more there was no improvement so I stopped taking it.. I didn't like the idea of being on antibiotics for long periods of time because it screws up your immune system and personally I know I have a weak immune system already.

After getting off antibiotics she put me on differin for the day and BP for night..

the differin worked for a little bit then stopped working all together.

During this time I was using all different types of cleansers, toners/astringents, facial moisturizers, clay masks and mostly neutrogena make-up. The skin clearing liquid foundation and powders. Which were all so expensive

Proactiv,

In a few weeks my skin showed very little progress, then a few large hard pimples (the kind that hurt) started forming under the skin on my chin,cheek and forehead area. After using that for a few months and seeing that it was only getting worse I stopped

Then I went back to noxzema,neutrogena, store brand creams, seabreeze, toners and masks ... nothing was working :wall:

I've been suffering from acne for 6 years now, ever since I moved at age 11. I went through really bad depression + all the natural hormones that come with puberty and thats when I started to break out. Just on my forehead at first then then my back and neck, then my cheeks and chin, then my chest, then my arms

I Became Insecure-

It made me so upset and insecure ALL THE TIME..

I couldnt wear certain shirts because of my chest, neck, arms and back ance

Which left me very limited to t-shirts and once and a while v-necks when my chest wasn't too bad.

I hated going to the beach and pool parties because I would look at everyone else and see how nice their skin was compared to mine I closed myself in the house alot of the time and i was always a shy person but i became 10x worse when I developed acne I wouldn't talk to anyone I really didn't make many friends because I felt like everyone was judging me on the way my skin looked..

I was also insecure about my teeth, my glasses/lazy eye, my chest size,my nose and my overall appearance.

My teeth- I had braces put on at the end of 10th grade (I hated them so F'n much!)

but! The top braces are off and the bottoms will be off before prom in May :D

My glasses... well I really don't wear them anymore because they were anoying ( and I felt I didn't need them) but I plan to start to because they aren't a big deal to me.. I've had glasses ever since I was about 1

My lazy eye- I don't care anymore, a lot of people think it's cool and it only drifts when I'm tired.

My chest size- eh I got over it I'm a 32B now and I don't want a big chest they get in the way ( according to my friend who is a 34D..)

My nose- I just really don't care it's different! and it's mine so I learned to live with it. The reason why I became insecure about it was due to a bump that formed on the bridge bone,not a big one but it was a noticable change.. it started to form when I was about 12 I think.

My appearance- I've learned to like myself.. my body is mine and it's unique.

AND MY BOYFRINED MADE ME REALIZE ALL THIS.. AND THAT THE PERSON I AM MATTERS MOST AND THAT NO ONE REALLY CARES WHAT YOUR HORMONES AR DOING TO YOUR SKIN.. AND IF THEY DO CARE THEN THAT'S THEIR OWN PROBLEM.

although I do believe this I still feel insecure about my skin..so I'm giving this a try because it seems to work for alot of people..

The other night I started the regimen I used..

Neutrogena oil free cleanser

Equate 10% BP cream <A store brand<

Cetaphil moisturizing cream(in a tube)

when I woke up yesterday mornig I saw a great improvement

my skin was a little red but that's because I used 10% cream and not 5% or 2.5%

my skin is used to harsh BP because of the percription stuff I used..

BUT! I ordered the clear skin regimen cream last night. I also bought a Basis sensitive skin bar and a 10 oz. "Alpha hydrox silk wrap body lotion" from a local drugstore.

My new regimen I plan to start the day I get the Clear skin cream is

Basis sensitive skin bar

Clear skin cream

Moisturizer--haven't found the right one yet

I also plan to use a mask once in a while the one I like best is "Queen Helene Mint Julep masque"

And a gentle scrub when needed "St.Ives Gentle Apricot Scrub"

Make-up-Physicians Formula Cosmetics "Loose-to-go" multi colored loose powder

Physicians Formula Cosmetics blush once and a while < this brand can be VERY VERY expensive BUT if you look in the right places you can find it for really cheap.

I also recomend E.L.F cosmetics it's cheap and shouldn't irritate skin.

Eyes Lips Face Cosmetics

I also plan to take multi vitamins for overall health.

For my chest,neck, back and arms.

Basis all clear bar soap w/ a large bath fluff with a handle

NIGHT-Equate Astringent for sensitive skin

Day-Alpha Hydrox silk wrap body lotion

if this doesn't work I'll start using the skin clearing gel on my chest, neck,arms and back with a moiturizer

I only ordered one tube so I want to see if it will work for my face first

I have a good feeling the regimen will work.. And I'm really sticking to it :D Prom is right around the corner and I would love to have beautiful clear skin

Well I'll keep this updated and add pictures asap sorry if it seemed really long I just want to be able to help other people and let them know what I used, what worked for me and also what didn't.

I hope everyone can find what works for them!

Hello and welcome!

I read through your post and your proposed Regimen products. I just want to warn you not to use any "extra" products for the first few months you are on the Regimen. Adding in other things tends to confuse the results.

And scrubs are really too harsh, I strongly advise not using that scrub you mentioned. Those beads and scrubby particles actually tear the skin, leaving way for bacteria to invade. And I've found that scrubs always made my skin break out more. And masks are generally not worth using either, imo.

so, my advice at least for the first several months is to stick to the basics, just a gentle cleanser, 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, and an oil-free moisturizer. If you can find Eucerin Skin Renewal, it is the best moisturizer available right now, imo.

Anyway, good luck and I look forward to watching your progress!

Also be sure that any makeup you use is oil-free and non-comedogenic.

starlogic had really good results clearing up her body acne with a scrub brush in the shower. If you're trying to clear your body acne up in time for prom, looking at her gallery might give you some inspiration: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...lbum&album=2065

I agree with Brandy about the face scrub and mask. Using them might make you feel like you're doing something to help your skin out (I know I used to feel like I had done something good for my skin after I used stuff like that), but they don't really help and can actually slow down progress. BP is great stuff, just let it do its thing.

starlogic had really good results clearing up her body acne with a scrub brush in the shower. If you're trying to clear your body acne up in time for prom, looking at her gallery might give you some inspiration: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...lbum&album=2065

I agree with Brandy about the face scrub and mask. Using them might make you feel like you're doing something to help your skin out (I know I used to feel like I had done something good for my skin after I used stuff like that), but they don't really help and can actually slow down progress. BP is great stuff, just let it do its thing.

Thank you! just out of curiosity do you know what kind of scrubby? i'm using a bath fluff type back scrubby with a long stick atm.. should i find a bristle one or loofa? wouldn't that harm my skin just as much as the scrub?

Just got the gel today! I plan on using it tonight..

My New Regimen!

FACE

Basis sensitive skin bar with bristle brush at night

Clear skin regimen gel

Cetaphil moisturizing cream or nivea all around protection spf15 < I'm currently running out of both, I plan on getting a eucerin moisturize this weekend.

make up> just a loose face powder, physicians formula loose to go (I wait 20 mins after moisturizing)

BODY

Basis sensitive skin bar with bristle brush at night

equate astringent for sensitive skin/equate 10% BP< for the nights I'm not using the astringent

Alpha Hydrox silk wrap body lotion< when needed.

here are some before pictures..

post-40023-1146189651_thumb.jpg

post-40023-1146189673_thumb.jpg

post-40023-1146189687_thumb.jpg

post-40023-1146189701_thumb.jpg

post-40023-1146189711_thumb.jpg

post-40023-1146189719_thumb.jpg

post-40023-1146190362_thumb.jpg

post-40023-1146190376_thumb.jpg

post-40023-1146189651_thumb.jpg

post-40023-1146189673_thumb.jpg

post-40023-1146189687_thumb.jpg

post-40023-1146189701_thumb.jpg

post-40023-1146189711_thumb.jpg

post-40023-1146189719_thumb.jpg

post-40023-1146190362_thumb.jpg

post-40023-1146190376_thumb.jpg

Night 2 of regimen..

still early,l but my face is a lot less irritated, some of the redness is gone.

night 3.. a little less swollen I think it's because my boyfriend shaved, I hate when the pricklies rub on my face it hurts and makes my skin so irritated :doubt:

today my skin was ridiculously red,tight, dry and peeling like crazy.. i really think it's because of the clean and clear shine control moisturizer i'm switching back to nivea visage all around protection spf 15 ..

today..my skin was worse than yesterday the outer corners of my eyes craked a little bit. the cuts don't hurt much now and I used a rough face sponge with my regular basis bar to remove all the dead skin then i applied lots of cetaphil moisturizer. the peeling's not so bad now, hopefully it won't get worse.

my skin made a lot of improvement from yesterday I skipped the bp all day yesterday and last night. I just washed and lotioned in the morning and before going to bed. This morning it was a little tight and peeling but I used the face sponge again ( it worked wonders) just around my nose is a little peely but other than that everything looked A LOT better today I haven't been wearing any make-up for a few days now and I'm seeing so much improvement I think i'll be ready for prom :D my chest neck back and arms are doing a lot better as well. I'm using 10%BP on those areas at night after showering and sea breeze sensitive skin astringent in the morning after showering *which is the equivalent of the equate store brand astringent in my regimen. they didn't have any store brand when I went to pick up more..

well.. a little bit of a set back today some of my acne hurt a bit and I couldn't help from popping them :doubt: i know i shouldn't and i'm making a vow to myself that I won't anymore. besides that not too bad just what looks like a patch of very small colorless pimples on the right side of my face

no more picking or squeezing! I promise :angel:

from the pics its hard to tell , are those redmarks or active acne on ur cheeks?

goodluck btw :D

:D thanks very much

some are red marks but most of them are active.. my skin seems like it's making progress then it flares up again and takes so long to go away

today wasn't so bad... my skin looked ok in my bathroom but i noticed when sitting in my moms car, through the rearveiw mirrow i saw the dark red spots on the right side of my face i hate when i go out in the sun b-c my skin looks so much worse than it does inside but o well there's a little progress from yesterday

my skin was kind of itchy today, the easily irritated kind of itchy.. a single strand of my hair would brush against my skin and i had to stop my self from digging into my face to make the feeling go away i would just wipe my face with a clean soft cloth instead of scratching, it's probly because i didn't use a moisturizer with bp last night or today but i will tonight

my skin has been improving slowley.. I had to wear a massive amount of stage make up yesterday but it didn't irritate my skin and i washed it off as soon as I got home. I have 2 big pimples under the skin on my chin they hurt so much.. there is a small one inbetween those two but it looks dark, like a black and blue-- i really have no idea why, maybe the skin is brusing because of the three pimples stretching and pushing on the skin?? i've been smothering them in BP morning and night. any way my chest,neck,arms and back improved so much since last week i'm so happy :D

this is what i've been doing for my chest,neck,back and arms

shower in the morning with basis sensitive skin bar with bristle brush

wait 10-20 mins

use equate sensitive skin astringent

then same day

shower at night same as above bristle brush optional

wait 10-20 mins

use equate 10% BP

on the days my skin is really dry ( witch it hasn't been recently)

I'll just use Alpha Hydrox silk wrap body lotion INSTEAD of the astringent in the morning.

I had 2 white heads when I woke up this morning.. I couldn't help from popping them I wasn't going to walk around all day knowing that they where there. i still have those three pimples on my chin, they won't come to a head. i started getting another one under the skin in the crease on the side of my nose and also a small one in/on my eye brow other than that everything is getting better I had a little break out but everything seems to be improving. I gave in and bought expensive cetaphil lotion but i think it will be worth it, it's the big 16oz for about $11.00

i felt insecure today.. so much more than any other day, to the point of crying in frustration. my skin has been getting better but i'm my own worst critic and unforunatley a perfectionist. it's just that it's been like this for so long and i know it won't go away right away but i'm at that point where i would love, love, love to just make it disapear forever.. because i'm so fed up, and i know everyone here wishes that too. i'm trying to keep my spirits up and i owe that to my boyfriend he really helps a lot he really is my inspiration, he tells me not to worry so much and it will go away on it's own. I believe him because he had mild acne too, he got over it and didn't let it get in the way and his skin is clear except for the ocassional shaving irritaion. so i will try to get acne off my mind, ill still be using the regimen i just have to have some sort of distraction from being such a worry wart about it what my skin is up to all the time...

so if anyone has any suggestions please, let me know ;) thank you!

today I felt so much better, my skin calmed down a bit from yesterday. I also gave myself some what of a confidence boost by remembering what my skin was like at it's worst, how i looked with braces(just got the bottom off friday) :D and just made a mental note of all my achievements and all the great memorable times i had with friends,family and my boyfriend. acne didn't stop me from having fun then and it shouldn't now. but when one spends so much time treating a skin problem it tends ro be on their mind a lot.. so i'll just have to work on that

as for what's going on on my face..

I have a few red marks

a few active pimples on my cheeks mostly

the hard bumps on my chin and eye brown are going away slowly

and i notice 2 patches of small color-less pimples on the sides of my chin.

my chest, neck, back and arms are so close to being clear it excites me :dance:

skin was ok today not as red but now i have another papule forming on my chin and on my eye brow next to the one thats going away.. i was also reading up on candida today because i found a post on it in the holistic board.. i have some symptoms that lead me to believe that i have been living with an overgrowth of candida for a few years now :confused: such as.. slightly yellow big-toe nails, always being fatigued, depression and anxiety, bloated stomach, digestive problems,sheding a lot of hair and flaky skin..and i also think that if i were to take a supplement to balance that it may help topical medication work better i'm going to set up an appointment with my derma for a blood test asap..

today wasn't so bad.. only a few swollen pimples( that i really couldn't leave alone, i had to pop them) , red marks and small color-less pimples and the papules on my chin and eye brow are almost gone only one on my chin is visible. but i haven't been using the gel for a few days now i ran out and have to order more. i've been using the terminating gel that came with acne free kit i tried a while ago. it says its 1.5% SA and 1%BP it is actually working pretty well it's keeping my skin un-clogged and not wearing any make-up helps a lot too. as for sleep, i haven't been getting ebough of that lately so i will work on that. my chest, neck, arms and back are doing very well. my neck is peeling a bit..

the red marks where more noticable yesterday and today than any other day.. i went out last night and decided to test out the make-up i plan on wearing for prom first off it was too light and secondly it didn't cover as well as i thought it would i could still see alot of the red marks but the were pinkish.. it did feel good on my skin though so i think i may get the liquid fondation in a slightly darker color and get a different powder possibly the pure stay in the grey compact that was recomended by starlogic

i used

ever fresh from maybellene

and pure powder also from maybellene clearand green rectangular compact

Stick in there girl...I'm abouts in the same situation as you. Times get frustrating..when you don't feel like going on anymore.. I've been there for sure, and it gets better...but then again it gets worse too. So I guess we just have to put acne to the side and knock it down slowly till its gone..but in the mean time.. think of everything you love, all the hobbies, and people you love... take um, and focus on um, cuz this damn acne can't just shut us down like that. I know this wont mean much, im in the same fix as you.. .its just nice to know that other ppl out there care bout u. Well good luck to you, and hope to see you in success!

well today sucked.. my skin looked all blochy and gross and i'm breaking out mor on my cheeks and arounf my chin

prom was amazing! my skin looked almost flawless with the make-up i used, i can't wait to get all the pictures developed, i don't remember worrying about my skin once, it was awesome. i used the make up that was recomended by starlogic,

maybelline ever fresh liquid

and the powder was just the one available when i went to buy make up, in the green and clear rectangular compact called pure powder instead of the pure stay in the grey compact.. but everything worked out really well i'll put pictures up asap =)