Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheFifthBeatle

Scaley Skin Help!

I started Dan's Regimen about a month or so ago (Purpose Bar, Dans BP gel, Eucerin Moisturizer) and have recently developed some major rough and flakey skin. The interesting thing is, in the areas where I put the BP gel, the dryness isn’t that bad. The problem area is the far outer edge of my face (along the hairline, under my ear and all along underneath my chin and a bit onto my neck.) I don’t apply any BP gel in these areas so I don’t understand why they would get so excessively dry. I put plenty of moisturizer on them but it doesn’t seem to help. It’s itchy and flakey and sometimes red.

Anyone have any suggestions on why this may be or how I can get rid of it? I’ve heard some people exfoliate with a toothbrush to get rid of the excess flakey skin, perhaps I should do that? All I know is that it’s driving me nuts and it looks/feels terrible! :(

First thing is dont worry, i had this in all the areas u say and it goes away by itself. keep moisturising like you are and it will go. it does take time though so just be patient. :D

First thing is dont worry, i had this in all the areas u say and it goes away by itself. keep moisturising like you are and it will go. it does take time though so just be patient. :D

I will try and stick it out - hopefully it will go away like you say. Thanks! :)

it wil go away

exfoliate a lil too as it helps

get ur wet towel after u dry ur face an gently run it over the flakey area

u shud see the flakes come off

an then wen u moisturise it shud look aight

also i use AHA moisturiser called Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream with 5%UREA

tat also exfoliates an helps to reduce this problem ur talking about

I have Eucerin but I don't think it's specifically 'face cream'..i will have to look for some of that. Thanks!