Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I've been dating my girlfriend for one month and I think she thinks that I won't remember the day that I asked her out. Should I just get her one of her favorite flowers for today? And then keep adding on another flower as each month goes by? Or just don't do anything?

I'm a rookie with this dating stuff, so help would be appreciated. Thanks.

aww i think that is such a sweet idea but it's up to you, It's your choice. I think if you did decide to do that she'd really appreciate it, I know i would.

...I think she thinks that I won't remember the day that I asked her out.

It seems that u don't even know for sure that she cares about this first month anniversary. Honestly, I'd say forget it. It's only a month, it's not a year or the big 25 :D

I totally don't give a damn about any anniversaries, birthdays, holidays, etc. I think giving someone flowers unexpectedly on a regular Monday morning is the best thing in the world. Cuz everyone expects to get them on Valentine's day, u know? It's not special cuz u know you're getting it.

Anyway, my advice is to wait for something bigger. If she mentions it you can always just say "Really? A month already? Well, it's been one of the best months of my life" then kiss her, period. Cheap and effective :angel: Plus u don't seem like you're obsessed only after a month.

i disagree, i think she would totally love it. When my boyfriend bought me a flower on our one month i really wasnt expecting it and it felt so special. i think u shouldn't worry abouut whether its the right or wrong thing to do, if u feel like doing it - do it!

If she is new to the dating thing as well, then yes, get something. A single flower, with the idea of adding another one each month, is a good idea. However, if she is NOT the rookie you obviously are don't do anything. It is only a month and will seem rather pathetic if you make a big deal about it. If she has had relationship previously, just make mention of it (show that you at least remember) and say something nice.

I hate the one-month anniversary. I never even remembered it much less made a big deal out of it nor did my ex-gf. Good for overly romantic people and teenagers but I find it ridiculous, no offense.

Guest Realist

how old are you? 12? i wouldn't even say anything about

I'm with this kid. One month anniversaries are so cheesy. Not to mention, very elementary. Just have them once a year like normal people... if you ever do make it that far.

lol...

sounds sweet

good luck!

its best to figure stuff out in relationships in our own.

not to ask for help and advice. just in my opinion. i just feel stupid asking for help in relationships.

eh forget what i said.

the "one flower" idea is cute...you don't really need anything else...that and saying something about it being one of the best months of your life (as mentioned above) is really sweet

flowers and say its the best month of your life. girls are suckers for cute things like that no matter how long they've been dating or how many guys they've dated before. it's not obsessive as long as you don't go overboard.

Yeah, I didn't do anything.

I realized I was stressing over nothing. It's only a month. Maybe the third month I'll take her out somewhere if it gets serious, but for now it's all good.

So I've been dating my girlfriend for one month and I think she thinks that I won't remember the day that I asked her out. Should I just get her one of her favorite flowers for today? And then keep adding on another flower as each month goes by? Or just don't do anything?

I'm a rookie with this dating stuff, so help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hmm...what's tough is that people can feel differently about what they like to celebrate, or when they feel it's appropriate to give gifts. Is there any way you can, in a subtle way, inquire to find out whether monthlies are important or significant to her?

If they are, I do think you had a nice idea. It doesn't have to be anything too big. I think, if it reaches a mark, say, six months or a year even, what's always nice is when a gift reflects having listened to the person and what's important to them. I think that is what can be surprising, and most appreciated. Sometimes even more so when it is unexpected.

Good luck! :angel:

Edit: Oh shoot, sorry skin deadness. I just noticed your last post.