Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
well im a 16 yr old girl and im jus fed up, ive had acne for a bout 2 years now, it al started on mi forehed an i wud get it every yr wen i came bac from holidays i started using zineryt and it worked rli well but now ive become resistant to it, so in september mi acne came back about it and i had been really depressed about it for so long. I feel like im the only girl in my year with bad skin and it makes me feel so self concious ive lost all my confidence and i jus want to get rid of mi acne, its not like acne ive seen on websites its jus red blotches in sum parts of mi face and then its quite bumpy and i have alot of blak heds. mi doctor has put me on emythrocilin or sumthin like that an 2 b honest i dont think its rli workin, its alright but not the results i want, can n e 1 give me like diet advice and wot i shud and shudnt use on mi face, please help its making mi life hell. thank you

I am no expert on acne but BELIEVE ME, your acne will get better... There's many treatments out there that could work for you that you haven't tried yet. Please do discuss this with your doctor and i'm sure he'll put your on something really good.

maybe you should try the regimen?

i would say look at the stuff thats recommended in the forums on this sight, and what people say about them, and don't go buying commercial products in shops that say they work, because most of the time they don't and are just a waste of money. also if you're not happy with what your doctors given you, you should go back and tell him/her. try not to stress too much about it as well, use makeup to cover it up when you can if that helps, but stress will just make it worse. it will definately go eventually. i'm 17, and had v bad acne from when i was 11 till about 16, and although i still have it, its not half as bad, for most people you grow out of it, so try to be positive.

I totally know how you feel. I'm the same way lately. I was never an extremely outgoing person, but now I just want to hide under my covers all day. My counselor called it a "circle of stress". I get stressed about something, then I get pimples, then I get stressed about my pimples, then I get more pimples, and so on...

I hate my friends or people in general when they get one pimple they wig out about it, and say how ugly they are....I'm like are you seriously saying that to me?

I'm not great for giving advice, considering I'm basically in the same boat...but I like those Biore Blackhead Clearing Strips. I've heard a few things about them causing premature wrinkles or something, but if you use them a couple of times just to clear the stuff out, I don't see how it could hurt.

Could you maybe be allergic to what you are using on your face? I know some chemicals irritate my skin. Maybe a change is in order?

Good Luck and try to keep your hopes up. I know it's easier said than done, but still. And just be glad it's not worse then it is. Sounds like you have it better then a lot of people, including me.

K :)

sounds like u got clogged pores, maybe try exfoliation?

i think i tried that emy stuff, my doctor also put me on that when i went a few years ago, it did absolutely nothing -.-

i suggest u quit it and try something else, as i already said it sounds like u got clogged pores, so i think u would benefit from exfoliation.

There are 3 ways to change emotions

1 physiology

change the way you do things, be on time, make your self smile i know its hard but just sit up and smile right now and feel the endorphins work, if you smile your subconscious will stimulate you.

2 language

most importantly, use different language, what ever language you use your subconscious feels like which is 90% of your brain and depression is mental.

3 focus

get into a positive state by writing down what makes you happy or laugh, focus on dreams for the future, doesn’t matter how out there they are, today never repeats.

a opportunity of a lifetime comes around every 14 days, its how we look at things that will determine if we see it.

Research, research, research....there is tons of info on this forum, make use of it. If you are interested in diet the holistic health board is the place to go - tons and tons of threads dating back years on nutritional and holistic stuff. you just got to get stuck in and spend hours reading. When you have some specific questions then ask - there is no point asking 'what can i do to make my skin better' - you need to have an understanding of how your skin works and what might be effecting it - I lurked on this board for months educating myself before I started asking questions. Everyone is different, one size does'nt fit all. There needs to be a sticky up explaining this to newbies - the amount of people that come on to this board asking how to fix their skin when all the info is right in front of them... Hope this helps and hope I have'nt come across snappy - not intended, it just gets frustrating saying the same thing over again.... :angel:

Have you thought about trying Accutane? Maybe you should ask for it. I think it's the best treatment in the world for acne. :razz:

don't expect results overnight on antibiotics, they can take up to 6 months to take affect, sucks big time, ask your doctor for a topical as well..

good luck, be practical, look up this website for different types of treatment.

I had acne for ten years... and cured it myself. I tried doctor's medications, but those made me vomit everyday... and the antibiotics only lasted nine months b4 I became resistant.

Anyone CONSIDERING Accutane shouldnt just "dive into" this medication without a lot of consideration. The side effects are prtty serious: damaged liver (meaning for the rest of your life you have to worry about stressing out your liver by the way you eat and drink), permanent bone damage (giving up sports), bloody diarreah, sudden bleeding from any opening in the body, and the list goes on to list 30 other side effects.

Try the B5 Vitamin cure. I dont think the acne companies are wanting give this cure to people who suffer from acne because they cant make money on it themselves -- Every store in the USA already sells this vitamin and the company cant "run the prices sky high."

Then, after your skin is very clear, you can keep the results permanent and not having to gulp 20 pillls a day by doing 6 sessions of Full Body-Horomone Accupuncture.