Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Charlotte_88

Feel like the only one with Oily Skin!

ARGH its so annoying... I totally feel like the only one with very Oily Skin! I only know one other person with oily skin and thats my twin sister!! I mean its so bad... after a few hours my skin is just terrible and shiney EVERYWHERE! I use foundations for oily skin and use a lot of powder and blotting papers but it doesn't really do anything! I am 18 now and started getting oily skin about 4-5 years ago. Its making me so depressed because I think my oily skin gives me my acne! I don't know what to do :cry: Anyone else out there suffer from oily skin? :confused:

have u used any lotion or something?

yeah my make-up rubbs off really fast because of my oily skin :cry:

ARGH its so annoying... I totally feel like the only one with very Oily Skin! I only know one other person with oily skin and thats my twin sister!! I mean its so bad... after a few hours my skin is just terrible and shiney EVERYWHERE! I use foundations for oily skin and use a lot of powder and blotting papers but it doesn't really do anything! I am 18 now and started getting oily skin about 4-5 years ago. Its making me so depressed because I think my oily skin gives me my acne! I don't know what to do :cry: Anyone else out there suffer from oily skin? :confused:

have you tried oil-blotting sheets?

don't worry, you're not alone :comfort: I have oily skin too and it sucks to have to worry about looking too shiny (especially in pictures, ARG :doubt: ). Sometimes my face looks dewy but by the end of the day my face usually looks icky i fI don't blot it...

I've been using Healthy Skin Blends Translucent Oil-Control Powder from Neutogena lately. It seems to deal with the oil pretty well, even the shiney look from moistuizer. I love it.

I'm sorry! I had such a huge problem with oily skin, hair, etc. My makeup would "melt off" of my face. Of course now my skin is so dry because of the bp I'm on (one extreme or the other). Anyways, Vitamin B5 really helps to reduce the amount of oil produced. It has really helped to keep it less oily and shiny during the day. I really hope you find something that works for you.

I feel your pain 100%

In fact, Im pretty much the only one out of my friends who has oily skin. They are amazing of oil blotting sheets and think its super gross when they get a tiny smudge of oil on it. Then here I am being able to easily make the blotting sheets go see-through.

Yup oily skin sucks! I am using tons and tons of stuff on my face. Through the years I have gone through horrible topical medications such a Retin-A (bad idea) to 100% Natural products (no help there either) I use blotting papers too but nothing seems to take the shine away for good. Also on Dianette which is made to stop androgens that give you oily skin...not helping either since I have been on it for over a year! So I am well frustrated :wall: lol Yeh my worst fear if getting my picture taken!

At least there are other people with the same problem! I have SUPER oily skin and it's like five minutes after i moisturize the oil is back! I used to use the clean and clear oil blotting papers which worked but then i ran out and temporarily stopped using them, when i bought them again and started using them .. they started making me break out :mad: so i'm currently looking for new blotting sheets to try .. && a new (lighter) moisturizer, so if anyone has any suggestions...

i would recommend a moisturizer with a treatment like salicyclic acid, i like philosophy's hope in a bottle. i also would recommend burt's bees blotting sheets, they absorb amazingly, and are coated with a powder that leaves your skin really matte.

I have extremely oily skin too...it was definately the root of my acne and although i have been on doxy for almost 7 months, the oil still persists as much as ever even though my skin is super clear. I can't get accutane at all so my only option is to blot like a mad woman until i get older and my skin dries out and we all have no wrinkles...that's one perk of oily skin! Take care xo

The only thing, so far, to take care of my super oily skin (that I though was responsible for my acne) was Accutane. Never, since having oily skin, was my face more matte and maintenance-free. I could put my makeup on in the morning, and it would look exactly the same when I washed it off at night. Fresh and perfect! I have since gotten some moisture back, but it's no way, shape, or form as bad as it was before my Accutane course. Like, I still don't have to blot. Just a little dusting of pressed powder takes care of it. I'm hoping it lasts for a LONG time.

You should try using Clarex OC gel. It's a topical cream that locks in oil. It works well to trap oil for up to 8 hours and reduces shine caused by the oil. If you wear makeup, apply a thin layer of the cream beforehand and then use OIL-FREE makeup products on top. Clarex really works!

Lancome makes this greaaaaaaaat lotion called Pure Focus Lotion in a green bottle. I mean its fucking amazing! Its the only lotion I've yet to try that keeps my skin shine free for hours, dude im not messing. okay i have really bad oily skin. Its a bit on the pricy side, around 30 dollars for 1.7 oz. But its heaven sent.

also try using an oil free foundation (water based). mac cosmetics has the greatest foundations i've tried and loose translucent powder (not pressed) to set it will keep it in place.

Hope this helps.

Buy a container of Milk of Magnesia for $3. Shake well before using. You only need a very small amount to wipe over your face after you wash.

It soaks up the oil and doesn't make me break out.

Buy a container of Milk of Magnesia for $3. Shake well before using. You only need a very small amount to wipe over your face after you wash.

It soaks up the oil and doesn't make me break out.

That's what I'm going to do if the oil ends up coming back! I've heard this method is not only cheap, but really works.

are any of you guys on dans regimen?

ive found thats helped with my oilyness..now, as long as i blot every few hours, and i rub powder on, its ok.but i now dont use foundation at all, and only non-pore blocking concealer over spots and bad scars.

if not, try OC8...www.oc8.com.

its like a lovely, silky moisturiser, that although takes some getting used to and working out what works in terms of make-up...it realy keeps your skin dry for a decent length of time...like a whole 2hours instead of 2minutes!

ugh...dont you just hate when youve just washed your skin, and the phone rings or you have breakfast or something..10minutes, and you can see blobs of oil over every pore..its SO disgusting..and really unfair.

I totally understand. My face gets oily after only a few hours. I hate wearing makeup, after 10-16 hrs it looks totally awful and shiny and I can hardly stand the way if feels.