Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

the clearer my skins getting (slowly but surely lol) the more paranoid im becoming. this is horrible. everytime i go to work now i get paranoid that people are looking at me and i hate it, so i panic and have hot flushes.

As soon as i walk through the doors i feel myself going hot and my face goes bright red and people stare and ask why im so red. this is so scary, seriously!! :redface:

and its getting worse, even on the way to work i panic about walking in and having people stare at me so it gets worse and worse each time. i feel sick. i cant stop thinking about my appearance and i cant serve customers without getting hot and feeling sick.

wot the hell is wrong? can this be treated??!?! :wall:

I can relate to what you said. I get hot flushes and blush all the time when I talk to people... sometimes I am so embaressed about myself I even blush in front of my own family. I hate it too. Its so annoying! :mad: I think the only way to try and stop blushing is not to worry too much when you do blush... if you feel yourself blushing say to yourself, "I don't care, so what?" and tell yourself you're not bothered. I dunno if it will help but its worth a try I quess. Think, "So what?" lol Also if you fidget too much and make it more obvious to yourself it sends more chemicals to your brain and makes blushing worse. Hope this helped. xxx

you SERIOUSLY need to relax hun

ur gettin overly paranoid about it an its not healthy

try an stop caring so much what people think

they are only people

an wil have opinions of u no matter what, but they wil also have opinions of lots of other people they meet in their day

jus try ur hardest to stop worrying

the clearer my skins getting (slowly but surely lol) the more paranoid im becoming. this is horrible. everytime i go to work now i get paranoid that people are looking at me and i hate it, so i panic and have hot flushes.

As soon as i walk through the doors i feel myself going hot and my face goes bright red and people stare and ask why im so red. this is so scary, seriously!! :redface:

and its getting worse, even on the way to work i panic about walking in and having people stare at me so it gets worse and worse each time. i feel sick. i cant stop thinking about my appearance and i cant serve customers without getting hot and feeling sick.

wot the hell is wrong? can this be treated??!?! :wall:

Dude,

Be very careful about your flushes. It could be more than just a red face. Most people who are prone to flushes end up with a chronic skin condition called ROSACEA. It's more common on white people over the age of 25 but it can happen to anybody at any age. Try to control your flushes as much as you can. Yoga may help you achieve certain control. Nowadays, there is a special laser procedure that may help control flushes (I forgot what's called, but it's not IPL,Photofacial, VBeam nor Ultrasound). And without getting so technical, this laser blocks or decreases the amount of blood that goes to your upper body through a secondary vein. This laser is also used for people who have sweating hands and severe body odor. It regulates body fluids by cutting or blocking this vein. Just give me some time and I'll find out the name of this procedure for you. I've heard it's a little expensive procedure, but many people have attained excellent results.

You should definitely treat your flushes before they become more permanent and causing rosacea eventually.

Yoga may help you achieve certain control.

Yeah, cause Yoga cures everything these days :rolleyes:

And if not Yoga, fuck, laser it. That'll cure it good.

Find out what is causing the flushing. Is it just you being nervous? Is it Accutane? Is it topicals? What? Then address the underlying cause.

Last summer/fall my face was RED. It would always be kinda red, then in certain situations it was go RED. But not around my eyes, seriously I looked like a freaking Raccoon. That was caused by sun, but primarily it was caused my topicals. I was applying 10% BP, Differin, and Metrogel to my face daily. After I quit the products it still took months to go away.

Whatever the underlying cause of the flushes is, address that. Yoga or lasers aren't going to help if you are just nervous or on Accutane.

All you have to do is Relax. If someone says something to you, then they say something, nothing will happen. Just think about things you want to do, or someone you like, just dont always think about your face, it will soon pass.

I know exactly how you feel, I've been getting these recently, and my acne has cleared up quite a bit recently but I'll walk to a part of the building at work that I either don't often go to or never go to, and as I feel a bit nervous I end up having a really bad hot flush, and face feels itchy n feels like I'm going bright red! :wacko:

Not sure about treatments, maybe just a case of calming yourself down before you think it might happen.

its nothing medical its just me getting more and more scarred over time. i cant handle it! if 1 person looks at me my mind suddenly starts whirring 'why are they looking at me' 'are they looking at my skin' blah blah blah.

and i get really panicy. this never used to happen. i cant walk down the store without having something in my hands to fidget with, oh god i must look like a nervous wreck!! plus i cant look at people when they talk to me anymore. i avoid eye contact at all costs, when i know eye contact is the most important thing (i study body language) i must look like a nervous, pathetic idiot to everyone else. :wall:

my skins clearing up tho, im clearer than ive ever been its quite scary really.