Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weather Guy

Shampoo and Acne

I find that after a shower, the next day my face is worse. Could just be the drying effect of the shower, or perhaps it's the shampoo. Maybe I am allergic to the shampoo or something, anyone else have any knowledge of this?

I find that after a shower, the next day my face is worse. Could just be the drying effect of the shower, or perhaps it's the shampoo. Maybe I am allergic to the shampoo or something, anyone else have any knowledge of this?

Its not something i've had a problem with or noticed. Which shampoo are you using.

Be careful that you're not getting too much shampoo or conditioner on your face. After I'm done rinsing after shampooing and conditioning, the very last thing I do in the shower is to wash my back, chest, and face. You want to make sure you're not leaving residue behind, which can dry out your skin, irritate it, or cause breakouts.

yeah i agree...try to wash your face so if something from your shampoo or conditioner got on your face you can wash it away.

Try to make sure that your showers are not TOO hot. I used to have really hot showers and I found that the heat and steam would worsen the inflamation and swelling of my whiteheads. Since I have cooled my showers down I have noticed loads of improvment in the redness of my skin when I step out the shower.

There are some shampoos which can trigger acne (esp if you already have it mildly). Have a look at http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm I found it really interesting.

Lucy x