Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cj

Glycolic Acid question

I'm looking for an excellent brand of glycolic acid 8-10%. Can anybody recommend one? Also, is it bad to tan if you're using glycolic acid? That is, is one more prone to burning? Ive never used glycolic acid before. is there anything i should be aware of?

thanks!

Dermskin.com sells GA pads in a 10% solution. If your doing the "cure" then thats what the good doc suggest, a pad. Its $14.00 for 60 pads which is good, thats two months worth. They say GA doesn't make your skin photosensitve, but it is bring up newer layers of skin through exfoliation, so I think that the skin would be sensitve no matter what.

I like Paula's Choice 8% GA. You can get it online at her store. I can't remember exactly how much I paid but it is was not super expensive.

watch the Walgreens brand. One of the glycolic acid lotions they sell contains very comedogenic ingredients.

im using the Walgreens brand also.........its called Alpha Hydroxy Skin Lotion.....what are the ingredients to look out for that clog pores?

One of them has petroletum in it. There was another ingredient in it that I usually avoid too, but I can't remember what it was (unlike the petroletum, it didn't wave bright neon flags in my head).

I recently bought Aqua Glycolic toner (it's supposed to have 11%) from Eckerds (fairly expensive at $11/8 oz). It's convenient, refreshing, and doesn't contain anything that may possibly clog pores.

I tried the AlphaHydrox 10% creme and it totally broke me out. I didn't see either of those ingredients listed that clog pores but I know what it did to my face. Ugh!

skye, almost any cream will have ingredients that gives the cream its thick texture which can clog pores. Try Alpha Hydrox oil free gel instead.

Eckerd was the only place that had a decent selection of glycolic products.

I just bought the Aqua Glycolic Astringent. I called the company to confirm the 11% Glycolic since the bottle doesn't say.

i went to www.dermaskin.com and typed in "glycolic acid pads" in the search and too many products came up and NONE of them lookd right. Can you tell me the exact name of the product you use?

THANKS!