Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Married2AGamer

changing my diet

after trying so many things to get rid of my acne,i guess its time to get serious about changing my diet.i have cut milk because i was sure it was causing my cysts.food to my family is everything eat eat and eat that all we do.Iam Italian enough said right?over this easter plus all the partys the past two months my skin looks so congested. and iam pretty sure all the foods i have been eating are causing my flare ups.foods like lasagna,anit pasta,stuffed clams, baked ziti,etc..a hundreds different cheeses,alot of red meats, forget the deserts.the only problem i have is that iam afraid of losing too much weight.iam 140 and 5'7.i have a fast metabolism.even after i had my two kids i lost all my baby weight both times.losing weight was never a problem for me.i just want to know how can i keep my weight and change my diet at the same time?

Ha ha, I'm Italian too and I know what you're talking about. I remember as a kid coming home from a visit with my grandparents with a face full of red spots. My mother would always give me her pity look.

So you have a fast metabolism too? It seems like a common trait of acne prone people. Maybe extra male hormones keep the metabolism quick while increasing sebum.

I've experimented with different types of diets to see how they affected my skin and my weight always remains pretty stable. If I eat less calorically dense foods, I just eat more of it naturally. I guess there really is something to the setpoint weight theory.

140 5'7? Thats more than normal your being paranoid.. VERY PARANOID.

Im 148 and 5'10--5'11. I dont look skinny but im on the slim side. Dont worry about your weight your perfectly fine.

140 5'7? Thats more than normal your being paranoid.. VERY PARANOID.

Im 148 and 5'10--5'11. I dont look skinny but im on the slim side. Dont worry about your weight your perfectly fine.

I'm 5'5" and weigh just under 8 stone. Thats not normal is it. I've been to the docs and everything and they say there is nothing medically wrong with me, so what can i do to slow my metabolism down? I eat like a pig, and I don't just eat junk , I eat lots of carbs and protein to try and spur things along too. So not only have I got a pizza face, I'm a skinny bean too!!!! :wall::(

That's too thin. Your body fat ratio must be below 5%.

I'm 5'1" and look very skinny at that weight.

I have a friend that's 5'5" and looked downright anorexic at 115.

Do you have a high metabolism?

8 stones...

Never heard people being weighed in terms of stones before.

Where are you from?

The UK. i don't know how to convert it into pounds!

I think it is 111 pounds or something?