Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I feel so low today. I don't think I have ever felt so down. Usually I can fool myself that my face doesnt look 'that' bad and that i am just being silly and emotional. But now i'm not.

I have always had mild acne, and it never bothered me. I didn't care. Earlier this year my life was awesome and I was so happy and as a result my skin suddennly cleared up perfectly. However three months ago my face exploded with acne. Worse then I have ever had it. The right hand side of my face is covered with infected spots. I don't pick (much) and I dont over-wash my face or anything. But its soul destroying. I've stopped seeing friends, I never see my boyfriend. But what can i do? what?!?

I've tried anti-biotics(pills) and they had no effect.

I tried BPand I reacted really badly to it - it made my acne a lot more severe.

I've tried Tea-tree oiland I reacted badly too it. It irritated my skin so much that the acne spread.

I've tried birth-control pills(I was actually using them for contraception last year - but it made my acne worse too)

I have an awesome diet - so thats the not the problem

I have great disgestion and have never suffered from constipation - so thats not the problem

I don't have acne anywhere else on my body - and never had.

What can I do to help my skin when anything that i put on my face makes it 10x worse?

If only I could just stay in my bedroom forever and not have to see anyone.

I'm sorry for sounded so depressed. But I needed to vent. :cry:

Lucy x

hey, feel free to vent, thats wot this forums here for. i understand completely how u feel. i've been going thru the same thing. Sometimes just letting all the negative emotion out is helpful, not healthy to keep it bottled up.

If you could get prescibed roaccutane (as your in the UK) that seems to work in clearing almost everyone that takes it, although some people do find that it comes back a few months after the treatment is finished :)

im really sorry to hear about your skin, and its good you have vented and you've come to the right place for help :D

Have you considered environment as a possibility? Not saying you have dirty hair or anything but do you have it drape in front of your face a lot? I always tie my hair up when i go to sleep and change my pillows so i dont sleep in the same place twice.

You say you have an awesome diet but what does it compose of? A good diet to combat acne should be high in Zinc and Vitamin E, there are others nutrients which help your skin but i've found these 2 are the best.

Guest Realist

Sounds like it's hormonal. You just might have to ride it out. Try Accutane if you can though.

grow facial hair if all else fails and it bothers you that much.

i've seen guys on the street that grew out there facial hair because it covered up acne. It really works too, if your a girl that option isnt open though LOL :):)

I had a similar situation. Having mild acne for years, until one day my face looked like crap with cystic acne. I don't know where it came from by I was devastated during my 29th birthday (yes 29 that old). I didn't want to go anywhere, postponed trips, going to the movies, going out to eat.

I took antibiotics for 2 weeks only b/c i could not take the side effects. I never took birth control.

My last hope was accutane and my doctor prescribe it immediately (that's how bad it was) thank God it worked but it was not an easy journey. I had initial breakouts that looked just as bad as my acne before the medication. I regained my confidence like after the 3rd month. (I'm not the type of person who is strong or can lie to myself, I'm pretty realistic). My skin is still clear, but it took like 2 or 3 months to get better

. some topical (zineryt..)

. retin-a

. accutane

^^

maybe give something a little stronger a try, like some of those things above. they require some patience, but the end results are most often worth it. good luck!

How do people go on...they just do. We're either a) gluttons for punishment, or b) we know this life is all we got. It's probably a bit of both. ;)

Seriously though, I understand where you're coming from. I've tried a lot of things. They've all failed me. Usually the best I hope for is something to control it, because nothing takes it away. And like you, I have mild acne that periodically explodes on me. After over a decade, it's worn me down. I tend to see improvement when I'm content and have absolutely nothing to worry or think about. Unfortunately, life gets in the way of staying that way too long.