Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikey23

been 25 years since accutane came out,u would think they will come out with another & better medication by now?

if they can develope accutane 25 years ago ,don't u think they develope an equivilent or more effective mication with less severe side effects by now?it is 2006!!!

1, it's actually older. It takes years till a drug is allowed to market.

2, obviously not (they sould have, but ..)

u shud be happy that this drug exists mate, i no if it didnt i wud b off the bridge by now....

Actually, accutane wasn't developed for acne originally. It was developed as an anti-cancer chemotherapy drug. Roche found out that isotretinoin causes cysts to subside so they started marketing it for acne. Another example would be Prozac (an anti-depressant). One of the side effects is that guys will find it hard to ejaculate. Now, there are doctors who prescribe it for premature ejaculation to men who don't even have depression.

maybe they are working on one now...or have made one and just have decided not to share. who knows. at least we've got this.

there will never be a cure for acne...that works for everyone that is

yes, there will

'They' will never produce a medication that can be generally taken that cures acne..becuase companies make so much money from people buying these acne medications. Acne= money.

god you people think all these companies are out to get you guys - well maybe marketing companies don't care much for a common cure, but dermatologists who study acne would love to create a cure. The guy or girl that does figure it out - and one day he/she will - will be a billionare after creating the drug. And every company will want to get it, and i'm sure it'll cost a fortune. They dont' care about each individual person curing their acne for good - cause there will always be a new crop of millions of teenagers getting acne every year, wo will buy the drug to completely cure it. To say "something will never happen" is an insult to the human race, look have advanced the world has become in the last 100 years of so. Maybe the cure will not come any time soon - maybe not even in our lifetime - but one day, there will be a cure that kills everyones acne.

I don't think they are "out to get us" but I think that the companies would squash anything that would actually cure acne quickly. Think about it, even like finding the cure for the common cold...that has to have happened by now, but why would they tell us about it, when they can make so much money selling all those medicines. I'm not like a conspiracy theorist or anything, but I think all those companies have a lot more power in their hands than we think they do.

My Dermatologist says if iPledge does not work out the way they want, Accutane will be taken off the market.

She said the FDA is working on a few things right now...one is a topical that is like Accutane.

My Dermatologist says if iPledge does not work out the way they want, Accutane will be taken off the market.

She said the FDA is working on a few things right now...one is a topical that is like Accutane.

eek. thank god i'm 2 months in

Think about it, even like finding the cure for the common cold...that has to have happened by now

There are like 200 viruses that can cause common cold. How do you want to cure that? You cannot use antibiotics because they don't kill viruses either.

The only way is to have strong immune system. I haven't had cold for years.

I don't think they are "out to get us" but I think that the companies would squash anything that would actually cure acne quickly. Think about it, even like finding the cure for the common cold...that has to have happened by now, but why would they tell us about it, when they can make so much money selling all those medicines. I'm not like a conspiracy theorist or anything, but I think all those companies have a lot more power in their hands than we think they do.

i'm actually with you on this one, if they can clone a freaking sheep they can cure acne and cancer and aids, i am into the whole conspiracy theory, they would loose billions of dollars!!

i'm actually with you on this one, if they can clone a freaking sheep they can cure acne and cancer and aids, i am into the whole conspiracy theory, they would loose billions of dollars!!

You compare incomparable.

I think they are related. Anything that drug companies make a lot of money on...why would they share something that 100% cures it? That would be their downfall. I don't think it's all that important to argue over since we have no control over it anyhow...unless one of us plans on finding the cure.

What we need are nanobots. Nanobots that could examine cells and kill off abnormal ones before they become tumors, they could repair damaged or abnormal DNA, they could clear comedones and nix overzealous bacterial populations, fix overactive desquamation and keratinization. Nanobots could potentially correct all our medical issues, and the company that patents a useable version of them will be rolling in it.

That's a more realistic hope than expecting that they will ever find a medication that's better at treating acne than Accutane is.

Yes, nanotechnology would be phenomenal. I just hope to god I live the day to see nanotechnology in everyday life. Although, that thought is far off yet. Imagine medicines that are designed to target the exact cause.