Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikey23

been 25 years since accutane came out,u would think they will come out with another & better medication by now?

if they can develope accutane 25 years ago ,don't u think they develope an equivilent or more effective mication with less severe side effects by now?it is 2006!!!

if they can develope accutane 25 years ago ,don't u think they develope an equivilent or more effective mication with less severe side effects by now?it is 2006!!!

i actually did read about new oral retinoid recently... don't remember the name of it.. there are a few out there from what i understand, intended for treatment of other things though like psoriasis and stuff. they all seem more or less similar to accutane from what i can tell.

i actually did read about new oral retinoid recently... don't remember the name of it.. there are a few out there from what i understand, intended for treatment of other things though like psoriasis and stuff. they all seem more or less similar to accutane from what i can tell.

Think about all the money the government and medical companies make with people paying for medications and pills and creams and everything...im sure theyve got a cure for it they know everything about it, just why would you give up a billion dollar industrie to help people? obviously no buisness people would do it and derms would lose alot of buisness if no one had acne,..

The reason there's no common effective treatment, is because no one is still really sure what the cause of acne is.

But yes, it would be nice if researchers could put some more time into acne then they do now...

the reason is that to get something approved by the fda and let doctors use it, you need to do extensive research on the product that takes years and costs millions. Only big companies have the money to fund this kind of thing, and theyre not interested in curing acne, they would much rather give you a million bp products that you have to keep buying.

i'm sure they could create a oral supplement to stop oily skin, because oily skin is the cause of acne in alot of people. all of my friends including me have acne, and we all have oliy skin thats always shiny.

The development of Accutane was really just a stab in the dark. It is still unknown exactly why it works. Plus, most people's acne is cured by accutane, so what is the incentive for other manufacturers to try to make a new acne product that probably can't compare to accutane? It would involve costly research and about 10 years to hit the market.