Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys/girls I am new here:)

I am 25 years old and had acne from mild to severe since age 13. It goes back and force on the severity range. I had accutane at 19 years old. It made me vegetarian because it ruined my stomach by not able to digest meat. I eat fish though. Anyways, my face was clear for only a year after the treatment. After that I started having acne again. but this time the acne was more moderate than severe. Anyways, I went through all the bull s*** again with all the crap medications out there. Nothing worked. Than I tested my blood for food allergies. And it said that I was allergic to gluten. so in summer 2004, I eliminated gluten products from my diet. And gluten is in alot of food products, you can search it online. Anyways, my acne got reduced by about 70%. so that was pretty good. But it was so hard to stay on it and so eventually I started eating gluten products again and started getting my usual acne.

So now I am F****** sick of this acne. And trying something drastic and avoiding all the common allergens. And start eating all natural and nothing processed. I will start eating like people ate over several centuries before before the invention of processing grains, refined carbs, etc... well close to it:P

I am avoiding refined and/or concentrated carbs, trans fats, salt and iodine. Also avoiding hot liquids, spicy food, alcohol (these agravate rosacea). Avoid fluoride and sodium lauryl sulfate (found in most toothpaste, known to agravate perioral dermatitis). Avoiding all artificial sugary foods: dougnuts, pastries, even chocolate.

I will eat: raw fruits and veggies, some fish. Limit nuts and avocados, coz even too much good fat can be bad for you:) NO oils coz oils cum from nuts and olives. why not eat the original thing? its less processing:P

HOwever on occasion, I would give myself a break mentally and physically and eat whatever I want. Maybe 1 day a week. we will see:) But no more than 1 day a week:)

Products I use currently that seem to bleach my skin and control somewhat my acne:

mournings-

Clean and Clear Benzoyl Peroxide cleanser (10%): on entire face

Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) with tea tree oil: only on fresh pimples

Clean and Clear Salicylic Acid (0.5%) moisturizer: on entire face (this is a good non-oily moisturizer)

nights (before bed time)-

Clean and Clear Exfoliater for black heads: on entire face

Clean and Clear Benzoyl Peroxide cleanser (10%); on entire face

Glymed Plus Serious Action Skin Astringent No. 5 (5% salicylic acid): on fresh pimples and old red marks

(this is very very strong stuff, it reduces my cysts and bleaches and peels my red bumps)

Clean and Clear Salicylic Acid (0.5%) moisturizer: on entire face (this is a good non-oily moisturizer)

Well this is it. we will see if its working for me:) wish me luck!!

Again this is my experience, just want to post it here coz I read alot of the posts and think maybe someone would benefit from what I am doing. maybe I will benefit from this regimen. OH Dan's regimen was just too weak for my skin. so didn't work.

Hey guys/girls I am new here:)

I am 25 years old and had acne from mild to severe since age 13. It goes back and force on the severity range. I had accutane at 19 years old. It made me vegetarian because it ruined my stomach by not able to digest meat. I eat fish though. Anyways, my face was clear for only a year after the treatment. After that I started having acne again. but this time the acne was more moderate than severe. Anyways, I went through all the bull s*** again with all the crap medications out there. Nothing worked. Than I tested my blood for food allergies. And it said that I was allergic to gluten. so in summer 2004, I eliminated gluten products from my diet. And gluten is in alot of food products, you can search it online. Anyways, my acne got reduced by about 70%. so that was pretty good. But it was so hard to stay on it and so eventually I started eating gluten products again and started getting my usual acne.

So now I am F****** sick of this acne. And trying something drastic and avoiding all the common allergens. And start eating all natural and nothing processed. I will start eating like people ate over several centuries before before the invention of processing grains, refined carbs, etc... well close to it:P

I am avoiding refined and/or concentrated carbs, trans fats, salt and iodine. Also avoiding hot liquids, spicy food, alcohol (these agravate rosacea). Avoid fluoride and sodium lauryl sulfate (found in most toothpaste, known to agravate perioral dermatitis). Avoiding all artificial sugary foods: dougnuts, pastries, even chocolate.

I will eat: raw fruits and veggies, some fish. Limit nuts and avocados, coz even too much good fat can be bad for you:) NO oils coz oils cum from nuts and olives. why not eat the original thing? its less processing:P

HOwever on occasion, I would give myself a break mentally and physically and eat whatever I want. Maybe 1 day a week. we will see:) But no more than 1 day a week:)

Products I use currently that seem to bleach my skin and control somewhat my acne:

mournings-

Clean and Clear Benzoyl Peroxide cleanser (10%): on entire face

Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) with tea tree oil: only on fresh pimples

nights (before bed time)-

Clean and Clear Exfoliater for black heads: on entire face

Clean and Clear Benzoyl Peroxide cleanser (10%); on entire face

Glymed Plus Serious Action Skin Astringent No. 5 (5% salicylic acid): on fresh pimples and old red marks

(this is very very strong stuff, it reduces my cysts and bleaches and peels my red bumps)

Well this is it. we will see if its working for me:) wish me luck!!

Again this is my experience, just want to post it here coz I read alot of the posts and think maybe someone would benefit from what I am doing. maybe I will benefit from this regimen. OH Dan's regimen was just too weak for my skin. so didn't work.

Hi! It seems like we might be in a similar place right now... I'm a week into a new, pretty strict regimen (http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=94172) I'm at the point where I think, "What would I NOT do to clear up my skin?" Severely restricting my diet is a small sacrifice to make compared to how s----- I feel about my face.

Can you put up some more specifics about your diet? For instance, a sample "menu" for the day or a list of foods you don't eat?

Good luck!!!

I am avoiding refined and/or concentrated carbs, trans fats, salt and iodine.

If you avoid iodine, you'll end up with a thyroid disorder.

There's nothing wrong with some salt. You need sodium. Use sea salt instead of the refined stuff.

Hi! It seems like we might be in a similar place right now... I'm a week into a new, pretty strict regimen (http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=94172) I'm at the point where I think, "What would I NOT do to clear up my skin?" Severely restricting my diet is a small sacrifice to make compared to how s----- I feel about my face.

Can you put up some more specifics about your diet? For instance, a sample "menu" for the day or a list of foods you don't eat?

Good luck!!!

Thanks for the support.

here is a sample menu:

Breakfast- apple/pear fruit smoothie. 3 pears and 3 apples. so this is a big full filling smoothie.

Lunch- baked salmon without any oil with a green veggie salad, and maybe a baked potato

Dinner-one big portion of watermelon

snacks- carrots, celery. (no nuts coz contain lots of fat) (if I eat nuts, only a table spoon a day and if avocados-only a fourth portion of one avocado)

We'll see if it works. I pretty much had it with this acne!!

I am avoiding refined and/or concentrated carbs, trans fats, salt and iodine.

If you avoid iodine, you'll end up with a thyroid disorder.

There's nothing wrong with some salt. You need sodium. Use sea salt instead of the refined stuff.

fish, shellfish, seaweed, and kelp contain iodine. I eat fish with this diet:)

carots, red cabage, and green beans contain sodium. I eat many veggies:)

Oh since I just read a post about grains. I am excluding potatoes and corn coz they are digested as grains. Also, I won't eat anything canned. NO soy products except maybe soy beans. NO eggs. This diet is actually quite similar to raw food diet.