Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sublime

initial breakout

Hey, about how many days did it take for you to experiance the initial breakout with the regimen. Is four days about right. Is it a good sign when i break out?

there isnt an intial breakout with the regimen

that is incorrect, most people do experience a "purging" stage when starting the regimen

its not an "initial breakout" as u wud see if u started antibiotics for eg

but u stil might breakout here and htere for the 1st few months 2b honest

but nothing major

Most people tend to experience it about 2 weeks in, but it varies from person to person and often people still find themselves breaking out up to the 3 month mark :)

i never had an initial breakout, im just still breaking out.

people have different skin, you cant expect yourself to go through something just because others went through it.

true rawlin but people have mentioned this "purging" feeling for the 1st few months

its sorta like ur skin 1weeks is all nice

next its dry

then acne forms coz its dry

then it starts to smooth out within time an starts 2feel a lot more natural etc

oops. i thought there is no initial breakout with the regimen. im 10 days in and haven't experienced one yet.

but now im concerned. should i be expecting to breakout or go through a purging process anytime soon?

Pretty much everyone keeps breaking out when starting the regimen, anywhere from a week in to a couple of months. I think the "initial breakout" (which is a phenomenon associated with accutane and retinoids, but not BP) is more accurately described as initial *clearing* followed by the skin breaking out normally. But then it goes away pretty quickly, so all is well.

Pretty much everyone keeps breaking out when starting the regimen, anywhere from a week in to a couple of months. I think the "initial breakout" (which is a phenomenon associated with accutane and retinoids, but not BP) is more accurately described as initial *clearing* followed by the skin breaking out normally. But then it goes away pretty quickly, so all is well.

thanks for clearing that up

...no pun intended

aslong as ur moisturising an doin the bp right u might not experence any breakouts

i think people confuse the purging between BP an accutane etc

imo ur skin wil react to BP in 2 ways

either jus be cool with it an let the good times roll

or sorta go a bit nuts an that imo is wat the purgin stage is

wen ur skin sorta reacts an u get a few acne's while ur skin gets used2 the extra stuf ur suddenly applying

hence u shud start slow an ramp up dosage to a point