Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strawberryblonde

How should I start??

I've been reading alot of the posts here and I'm really interested. I have been using Acnefree for a really really long time, but I still get pimples and dry skin. It sounds like you guys are better off them me ;) so I was wondering what products I should use.

I use cetaphil gentle cleanser, but a lot of people here don't particularly like that wash. I have to admit that it does a poor job of removing makeup so if you wear makeup try something else. I think the purpose cleanser and bar are both widely approved by users here.

I think the best bp product by far is dan's csr gel, but I started on Neutrogena on the spot and that worked fine...the thing i liked least about it was that it did not go on smoothly and was difficult to blend. but as far as clearing my acne...it did a good job. It is quite expensive tho in comparison to Dan's gel.

Moisturizers seem to be a crap shoot. some things for some and others for others. overall there is a lot of talk about how great Eucerin Skin Renewal is, but since it has an AHA in it you might want to start with a simpler moisturizer. I started with Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer and that was ok. Check out Dan's recommendations http://acne.org/regimen-supplies.html

The most important thing to remember when you are starting out is to start slowly with BP applications and work your way up to the full dosage. I have pretty tough skin and thought that since i had before used BP products that i could just slather the full amount on and be fine and i ended up getting really red and dry...so take it slow. be patient as it takes up to 3 months (but i'd guess usually much less) to start seeing results. Good luck!

Well, for Cleansers you can start with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, Cetaphil Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin (<This is what I use), Purpose, or any other cleansers reccomended.

For BP I highly reccomend ordering Dan's BP Gel - It's fantastic and affordable, plus it goes on so smooth.

For Moisturizers, I started w/ Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer, and that worked well, now I'm about 5 weeks in and I switched to Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion, which has AHA in it, and you should not be using it until you're several weeks into the Regimen otherwise you'll get too irritated.

For other refrences, please go to the links above for the reccomended supplies.

Goodluck with the Regimen!

I've just started the regimen, and I am using Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer for sensitive skin, and the extra gentle cleanser. I like the moisturizer, but am a little iffy on the cleanser.

good luck to you!

I've been reading alot of the posts here and I'm really interested. I have been using Acnefree for a really really long time, but I still get pimples and dry skin. It sounds like you guys are better off them me ;) so I was wondering what products I should use.

All products are trial and error. What ever you decide to do, keep your skin type in mind. Good luck!

rember what dan said, the wash is just getting your skin clean and ready for the bp, which si hte most inmpotartant part.its the only thing that kills acne.just get a basic one like the one i'm using is only 2 dollars called basis its a bar of soap.cleans really fgood.and get dan CSR gel its huge and inexpensive and better then any other bp crap out there believe me.moisterizer...ah i hat ethose htings, never had a good experience with em so i'm not gonna recommend any lol but if you're usin br you'll deinitly ned one.one with sunblock.