Notifications
Clear all

ACNE-FREE PLAN by P.Ki113R

MemberMember
(@p-ki113r)

Posted : 04/22/2006 10:55 pm

----------------------------------------------------

This plan will work for anyone suffering from mild-moderate acne. But those with serious acne conditions will find it

beneficial also. This is a holistic approach to combating acne that I have devised on the basis of personal experience

and medical research. It has worked for me and it will work for you. No luck required but perseverance and commitment are

necessary.

-----------------------------------------------------

H&Sit+BP REGIMEN:

The two active ingredients in this regimen are Selenium Sulfide (anti-seborrheic) 1% and Benzoyl Peroxide (anti-bacterial) 2.5%.

Components:

Head & Shoulders Intensive Treatment (with Selenium Sulfide, not Zinc)

Gentle hypo-allergenic facial scrub (to exfoliate dead skin cells that clog pores and allow H&S to penetrate the skin better)

Benzoyl Peroxide (kills P. acnes bacteria)

Moisturizer (to prevent drying)

Directions:

Morning - In shower, let hot water splash on your face, mix H&S with a bit a small amount of scrub and lather your hands.

Massage the skin gently for 30 sec. Pat dry and wait for 10 min. Apply BP and gently massage into skin. Wait 5 min.

Apply moisturizer.

Night - same.

Warning: DO NOT use H&S on your neck. It will make you shed.

NUTRITION AND SUPPLEMENTS

Proper nutrition is a crucial part of a healthy skin. So learn to cook!

Suggested foods (just to name a few):

Breakfast - eggs, oats, grits, soy milk, whole wheat bread, fruits, glass of water

Lunch - Salad, chicken, fruits, vegetables, brown rice, glass of water,

Dinner - Lean beef, chicken, turkey, sweet potatoes, salad, brown rice, glass of water

Supper - Natural peanut butter, whole wheat bread, salad, fruits, glass of water

Carbs are most important in the morning and least important at night, while fats are better when consumed late.

Try to eat well balanced meals: carbs+protein+fats

Supplements:

Breakfast - Multivitamin + additional C (500 mg)

Lunch - Zinc (30mg) + Magnesium (400 mg) + Vitamin B complex (make sure these are calcium free! Calcium will absorb the minerals)

Dinner - Vitamin E (400IU) + Chromium* (500 mcg)

Supper - Vitamins A + C (500-1000mg) + D

*Warning: do not take chromium if you have or had diabetes, kidney or liver problems. Talk to your doctor.

FOLLOW THESE AS STRICTLY AS POSSIBLE

DO:

Get 8-9 hours of sleep, going to bed no later than 11pm. Take 300mg of melatonin if you have a problem falling asleep (follow label directions carefully)

Drink lots of water and urinate frequently (to flush out the toxins)

Exercise 30 min a day (increases blood flow, faster removal of toxins, boosts immune system)

Eat fresh fruits and vegetables (natural vitamins and minerals)

Find time to relax and enjoy life (boosts immune system)

AVOID:

Milk (it contains iodine, drink soy milk instead and supplement with calcium if needed)

Pork (clogs pores and arteries)

Caffeine (contributes to the production of cortisol)

Junk food (clogs pores and arteries. Read nutritional information of your favorite fast food restaurant to see how much fat and cholesterol you consume)

Sugary snacks, energy drinks, and sodas (sugar increases P. bacteria growth)

Alcohol (dehydrates and aggravates skin, lowers immune system, lowers liver's ability to remove toxins)

Smoking (dehydrates and aggravates skin, constricts arteries, lowers immune system)

Large amounts of citrus fruits (aggravates skin)*

Feeling sad for yourself (depression lowers the immune system and gets in the way of following the plan. Replace all negative thoughts with positive ones)

*I cannot support this claim with research, but I have found this to be true from personal experience.

------------------------------------------------------

WHAT TO EXPECT:

It all depends on the effort you are willing to put into this. Is the H&S+BP regimen alone going to improve your acne

condition? Probably. But you must remember that acne should be treated both on the inside and outside. Only then you can

reach the full potential of this plan. I realize that most of you will chose not to give up on certain things. That

doesn't mean this plan wont work for you at all, however. But the closer you follow it the better your results will be.

If you must consume alcohol on occasions, for example, do so in moderation and chase it down with plenty of water.

IF you have not already used BP, your skin might flare up at first. Otherwise:

2-3 days - you will feel and see the difference. Skin looks healthier, the pimples begin to look smaller.

2-3 weeks - number of breakouts greatly decreased.

1 month - you are virtually breakout free and when they do occur, the pimples are small and go away really fast!

I have been pretty much break out free after a month of following this plan. The only time they occur is when I cheat (myself).

Those of you looking to lose weight will have an added benefit of, well, losing weight. Just by eating healthier and exercising

daily the pounds are bound to come off, and you don't even have to cut calories! Just remember to consume your food slowly to

allow the fullness response to be triggered faster.

--------------------------------------------------------

IN CONCLUSION:

By following this plan, you will not only be acne free, but feel and look much healthier overall. The plan itself is

guaranteed to improve your skin condition. You decide your own success.

I suggest that you do your own research on the things I have proposed here. When you know exactly why certain things are

beneficial to you, you tend to do them better. Use this plan as a guide to give yourself a head start.

-A lot of this is just common sense.

-Sooo why aren't you just doing it?

---------------------------------------------------------

-P.Ki113R

MemberMember
(@screw_acne)

Posted : 04/23/2006 6:42 am

Nice Job, I dont see why anyone isnt replying

Question: Its beef that kills u isnt it? Pork does too?

MemberMember
(@dami4n)

Posted : 04/23/2006 7:05 am

good post

cheers for excelent info

MemberMember
(@sugarkane)

Posted : 04/23/2006 1:04 pm

This sounds like a great plan. But what happens if, like me, you're allergic to benzoyl peroxide? Can't use SA either because it's too drying. :(

MemberMember
(@mara89)

Posted : 04/23/2006 2:23 pm

maybe you could trye AHA? ^^

MemberMember
(@p-ki113r)

Posted : 04/23/2006 2:51 pm

Thanks for you comments. I hope some of you will give this plan a try. Now to answer your questions.

Question: Its beef that kills u isnt it? Pork does too?

MemberMember
(@infernoskull)

Posted : 04/23/2006 11:08 pm

what i dont get, is what is with the head and shoulders? do you put it on your face? and why cant is contain zinc

i bougnt some h&s but it has zinc

MemberMember
(@p-ki113r)

Posted : 04/24/2006 12:16 am

what i dont get, is what is with the head and shoulders? do you put it on your face? and why cant is contain zinc

Yes, use H&S as a face wash twice a day. Read the regimen carefully. If you bought the regular Head&Shoulders, it does not contain Selenium Sulfide which is anti-seborrheic (controls excessive secretion of sebum). As far as I know, only H&S Intensive Treatment has it.

MemberMember
(@infernoskull)

Posted : 04/24/2006 1:03 am

yo thanks. I was a little scepticle about this crazy new treatment you recommend, because i have never heard of anyone putting shampoo on thier face, i didnt think it was safe.

i did some research and it turns out that selenium sulfide is an antifungual. (plus sulfur based soap is good for acne, so selenium SULFIDE, should be good too)

here is an excerpt from a medical book about it.

Selenium sulfide

Selenium sulfide is a complementary drug for use in rare disorders or in exceptional

circumstances

Lotion , selenium sulfide 2.5% [not included on WHO Model List]

Detergent-based suspension (Shampoo), selenium sulfide 2.5%

Uses:

pityriasis versicolor (lotion), seborrhoeic dermatitis (detergent-based suspension)

Contraindications:

children under 5 years

Precautions:

do not apply to damaged skin (risk of systemic toxicity); avoid contact with eyes; do

not use within 48 hours of applying preparations for hair colouring, straightening, or

permanent waving

Administration:

Pityriasis versicolor, apply lotion with a small amount of water to the entire affected

area and rinse off after 10 minutes, repeat once daily for 7Aaaoe14 days; or apply

undiluted lotion at bedtime and rinse off the following morning, repeat after 3 and 6

days

Seborrhoeic dermatitis, massage 5Aaaoe10 ml of shampoo into wet hair and leave for 2Aaaoe3

minutes before rinsing thoroughly; repeat twice weekly for 2 weeks, then once weekly

for 2 weeks, thereafter only when needed

Note. To minimize absorption, rinse hair thoroughly after use and remove all traces from skin

(including nails)

Adverse effects:

local irritation, hair discoloration or loss; absorption may result in systemic toxicity

including tremors, weakness, lethargy, pain in lower abdomen, occasional vomiting

(symptoms usually resolve within 10 days)

Sodium thiosulfate

Cutaneous solution, sodium thiosulfate 15%

Uses:

pityriasis versicolor; cyanide poisoning (section 4.2.7)

Administration:

Pityriasis versicolor, apply twice daily for 4 weeks

and here is where i found that book.

http://mednet3.who.int/EMLib/wmf/English/D...s%20topical.pdf

Maybe you've found the secret ingredient that will save us all!

It says its good for people who have an itchy scalp, and i always have an itchy head and dandruff, so this looks like the perfect perscription because my acne and dandruff might be caused from the same thing.

LOL THIS IS A BIT OFF TOPIC< BUT I WONDER IF WE ALL ARE GONNA GET CANCER OR SOME STRANGE DISEASE, FROM PUTTING ALL THESE CHEMICALS ON OUR FACES, I MEAN THIS CANT BE BENEFICIAL IN THE LONG-TERM, I AM BECOMING INCREASINGLY PARANOID AS TIME GOES ON. THATS WHY I HAD TO DOUBLE CHECK WITH YOU PKILLER.

IF THIS WORKS, THEN SPREAD THE WORD!!!

MemberMember
(@p-ki113r)

Posted : 04/24/2006 2:05 am

I'm really glad you bothered to do some research, Inferno! Its the first step to curing the acne. Never just blindly follow what others tell you. Having said that, I hope you will follow the plan as closely as you can. Don't ignore the importance of a healthy lifestyle. Remember, acne should be treated both inside and out.

Edit: Oh and you're right about being paranoid about long term use of chemicals. That is exactly why a healthy lifestyle is so important. It is even more important than the H&Sit regimen. All the meds you use only mask the problem. Stop using it, and it comes right back! Why? Because if your lifestyle hasnt changed, neither will your problems. It wont happen overnight, but if you start now, you will thank yourself pretty soon. So use H&Sit to speed things up but dont neglect sleep, diet, and exercise.

MemberMember
(@kancerstick)

Posted : 04/24/2006 4:11 am

can i use selsen blue?

it also has selenium sulfide..will this still work properly?

i dont feel like going out and buying another product lol

MemberMember
(@kancerstick)

Posted : 04/24/2006 4:34 am

can i use selsen blue?

it also has selenium sulfide..will this still work properly?

i dont feel like going out and buying another product lol

MemberMember
(@p-ki113r)

Posted : 04/24/2006 3:07 pm

Make sure it has 1% selenium sulfide not 2.5%

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 04/25/2006 9:41 pm

This sounds like a great plan. But what happens if, like me, you're allergic to benzoyl peroxide? Can't use SA either because it's too drying. :(

My skin doesn't like BP or SA either, but has responded extremely well to topical retinoids and mandelic acid. You just have to keep reading and experimenting ...

MemberMember
(@alter9)

Posted : 04/26/2006 12:12 am

Another way to get those Omega 3 fatty acids is to take salmon oil capsules or eat good, clean fish. This is great- thanks.

MemberMember
(@ellen_xyhotmail-com)

Posted : 04/26/2006 12:36 am

wow. i agree with treating acne from the outside AND the inside. it takes a lot of willpower to follow thru, especially the bit on diet and lifestyle. thanks for taking the time to post this.

also, i kinda disagree on the use of bp. i know this site is built around bp. but i personally don't think it's good for skin in the long run. i followed the regimen for a week, and then quit. yes, i got rid of ALL of my pimples. BUT the overall condition of my skin was worse than having pimples. i only used bp on my forehead, and the contrast with the rest of my face was startling. let's just say it's not what human skin is supposed to feel like. it took several months for my forehead to fully recover. yes, bp IS effective for acne. but i really encourage pple to seek other better alternatives.

MemberMember
(@p-ki113r)

Posted : 04/26/2006 1:52 pm

also, i kinda disagree on the use of bp...

What do you recommend using instead?

I personally think that any chemical you put on your face is going to give you some kind of negative side effects. Some people just tolerate it better than others. I think a healthy lifestyle and a good moisturizer help to negate the side effects to a good degree. But yes, relying on any medication for an extended period is not a good idea.

MemberMember
(@ellen_xyhotmail-com)

Posted : 04/26/2006 10:34 pm

What do you recommend using instead?

I personally think that any chemical you put on your face is going to give you some kind of negative side effects. Some people just tolerate it better than others. I think a healthy lifestyle and a good moisturizer help to negate the side effects to a good degree. But yes, relying on any medication for an extended period is not a good idea.

:) i agree.

i personally like tea tree oil. i know a lot of pple on this board also had success with tto.

MemberMember
(@p-ki113r)

Posted : 04/26/2006 11:38 pm

i personally like tea tree oil. i know a lot of pple on this board also had success with tto.

Do you use it twice a day? How successful are you in preventing breakouts? Does it do anything for the red post-acne marks ? Please share :D

MemberMember
(@buffalowings)

Posted : 04/28/2006 11:55 am

has anyone tried using Selsun Blue dandruff shampoo? i use it as a shampoo so i dont get flakes, but now that i think about it, i never break out on my forehead... i guess now i know why. it has the same active ingredient (selenium sulfide 1%) but it comes in different bases. theres one with aloe (thats the one i use), one with menthol and one that is pH balanced. other than that, the indredients are almost the same. so maybe if you cant get a hold of head and shoulders, you try to get this instead.

MemberMember
(@moses2001)

Posted : 04/28/2006 2:48 pm

hey, acne is a fake problem caused by the products you use, the more you use the more you look for some help from other products, its fake, when in history books do you see people with acne, it just started probably in the 60's. its caused by people putting crazy chemicals on their face, their face cant handle it and produces more oil because the poduct dries out the face. The best thing to do is just to splash your face with water 6 to 10 times, not rubbing it, and patting your face dry. of coarse with everything you probably will break out again but only because your face is getting used to it, but after that you wont see any more problems at all, not one more pimple , nothing, it only takes about a month to see major improvements. then after a while you can wash your face less and less, and the oilyness will go away too. i dont know if it works with all types of skin, but i had really bad acne and it worked right away. Acne is created to steal money from good people. havnt you noticed out of most people you probably wash your face more than people without acne? do you notice that the spots that you dont wash your face are the spots with the fewest acne and the spots that you wash your face the most have the most acne?

MemberMember
(@rainybutterly)

Posted : 04/28/2006 2:56 pm

----------------------------------------------------

This plan will work for anyone suffering from mild-moderate acne. But those with serious acne conditions will find it

beneficial also. This is a wholelistic approach to combating acne that I have devised on the basis of personal experience

and medical research. It has worked for me and it will work for you. No luck required but perseverance and commitment are

necessary.

H&Sit+BP REGIMEN:

The two active ingredients in this regimen are Selenium Sulfide (anti-seborrheic) 1% and Benzoyl Peroxide (anti-bacterial) 2.5%.

Components:

Head & Shoulders Intensive Treatment (with Selenium Sulfide, not Zinc)

Gentle hypo-allergenic facial scrub (to exfoliate dead skin cells that clog pores and allow H&S to penetrate the skin better)

Benzoyl Peroxide (kills P. acnes bacteria)

Moisturizer (to prevent drying)

Directions:

Morning - In shower, let hot water splash on your face, mix H&S with a bit a small amount of scrub and lather your hands.

Massage the skin gently for 30 sec. Pat dry and wait for 10 min. Apply BP and gently massage into skin. Wait 5 min.

Apply moisturizer.

Night - same.

NUTRITION AND SUPPLEMENTS

Proper nutrition is a crucial part of a healthy skin. So learn to cook!

Suggested foods (just to name a few):

Breakfast - eggs, oats, grits, soy milk, whole wheat bread, fruits, glass of water

Lunch - Salad, chicken, fruits, vegetables, brown rice, glass of water,

Dinner - Lean beef, chicken, turkey, sweet potatoes, salad, brown rice, glass of water

Supper - Natural peanut butter, whole wheat bread, salad, fruits, glass of water

Carbs are most important in the morning and least important at night, while fats are better when consumed late.

Try to eat well balanced meals: carbs+protein+fats

Supplements:

Breakfast - Multivitamin + additional C (500 mg)

Lunch - Zinc (30mg) + Magnesium (400 mg) + Vitamin B complex (make sure these are calcium free! Calcium will absorb the minerals)

Dinner - Vitamin E (400IU) + Chromium* (500 mcg)

Supper - Vitamins A + C (500-1000mg) + D

*Warning: do not take chromium if you have or had diabetes, kidney or liver problems. Talk to your doctor.

FOLLOW THESE AS STRICTLY AS POSSIBLE

DO:

Get 8-9 hours of sleep, going to bed no later than 11pm. Take 300mg of melatonin if you have a problem falling asleep (follow label directions carefully)

Drink lots of water and urinate frequently (to flush out the toxins)

Exercise 30 min a day (increases blood flow, faster removal of toxins, boosts immune system)

Eat fresh fruits and vegetables (natural vitamins and minerals)

Find time to relax and enjoy life (boosts immune system)

AVOID:

Milk (it contains iodine, drink soy milk instead and supplement with calcium if needed)

Pork (clogs pores and arteries)

Caffeine (contributes to the production of cortisol)

Junk food (clogs pores and arteries. Read nutritional information of your favorite fast food restaurant to see how much fat and cholesterol you consume)

Sugary snacks, energy drinks, and sodas (sugar increases P. bacteria growth)

Alcohol (dehydrates and aggravates skin, lowers immune system, lowers liver's ability to remove toxins)

Smoking (dehydrates and aggravates skin, constricts arteries, lowers immune system)

Large amounts of citrus fruits (aggravates skin)*

Feeling sad for yourself (depression lowers the immune system and gets in the way of following the plan. Replace all negative thoughts with positive ones)

*I cannot support this claim with research, but I have found this to be true from personal experience.

------------------------------------------------------

WHAT TO EXPECT:

It all depends on the effort you are willing to put into this. Is the H&S+BP regimen alone going to improve your acne

condition? Probably. But you must remember that acne should be treated both on the inside and outside. Only then you can

reach the full potential of this plan. I realize that most of you will chose not to give up on certain things. That

doesn't mean this plan wont work for you at all, however. But the closer you follow it the better your results will be.

If you must consume alcohol on occasions, for example, do so in moderation and chase it down with plenty of water.

IF you have not already used BP, your skin might flare up at first. Otherwise:

2-3 days - you will feel and see the difference. Skin looks healthier, the pimples begin to look smaller.

2-3 weeks - number of breakouts greatly decreased.

1 month - you are virtually breakout free and when they do occur, the pimples are small and go away really fast!

I have been pretty much break out free after a month of following this plan. The only time they occur is when I cheat (myself).

Those of you looking to lose weight will have an added benefit of, well, losing weight. Just by eating healthier and exercising

daily the pounds are bound to come off, and you don't even have to cut calories! Just remember to consume your food slowly to

allow the fullness response to be triggered faster.

IN CONCLUSION:

By following this plan, you will not only be acne free, but feel and look much healthier overall. The plan itself is

guaranteed to improve your skin condition. You decide your own success.

I suggest that you do your own research on the things I have proposed here. When you know exactly why certain things are

beneficial to you, you tend to do them better. Use this plan as a guide to give yourself a head start.

-A lot of this is just common sense.

-Sooo why aren't you just doing it?

---------------------------------------------------------

-P.Ki113R

Interesting information. I am curious to see what people say about it. It sounds like you're doing your homework. Very well thought out. I give it an A+

MemberMember
(@elfgirl)

Posted : 04/28/2006 5:58 pm

Have a question about this for P.Ki11eR I used the H&S with zinc for the zits on my neck and it turned out badley! Took me a week to get it cleared up and gave me uber dry patches that I am still dealing with. I really want to get rid of the zits on my neck which is the only place I break out but am terrified of going through that nitemare again! Is this stuff better than the other for acne? I just don't know! I know that everyones skin is different and have different reactions but you know where I am coming from on this!

MemberMember
(@someone111)

Posted : 04/28/2006 11:29 pm

that sounds good, i read this stuff about maintaining a healthy diet, i also read that refined sugars from carbs are a big problem, even pasta, is this true?

MemberMember
(@p-ki113r)

Posted : 04/29/2006 1:04 am

hey, acne is a fake problem caused by the products you use, the more you use the more you look for some help from other products, its fake, when in history books do you see people with acne, it just started probably in the 60's. its caused by people putting crazy chemicals on their face, their face cant handle it and produces more oil because the poduct dries out the face. The best thing to do is just to splash your face with water 6 to 10 times, not rubbing it, and patting your face dry. of coarse with everything you probably will break out again but only because your face is getting used to it, but after that you wont see any more problems at all, not one more pimple , nothing, it only takes about a month to see major improvements. then after a while you can wash your face less and less, and the oilyness will go away too. i dont know if it works with all types of skin, but i had really bad acne and it worked right away. Acne is created to steal money from good people. havnt you noticed out of most people you probably wash your face more than people without acne? do you notice that the spots that you dont wash your face are the spots with the fewest acne and the spots that you wash your face the most have the most acne?

I assure you that acne has existed for a long time, waaay before the '60s. But it is true that a lot of companies capitalize on our acne problems. They make products that are barely effective and you have to keep using them indefinitely. It is important to be educated about your acne as you would be about any chronic illness you might have. I am glad that simply using water for your acne has helped you and there might be some merit to this idea.

I am also becoming suspicious about Sodium Fluoride in our toothpastes. Fluoride contains fluorine - highly corrosive, poisonous, gaseous halogen element. It doesn't sound too healthy no matter what the ADA says.