Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

okay. let me just say that even before i had my acne i still thought guys with acne were so incredibly attractive. one of my ex boyfriends actually had quite a bit of acne, and he was gorgeous. i couldn't get enough of him. also, there is a guy in our school who has the worst case of acne i have ever seen on anyone and he is going out with one of the prettiest girls in our school.

honest to god, if you have an incredible personality, if you want to have fun and laugh and if you're a sweet and understanding person, you don't need the looks. personality can make or break a person. and i strongly believe this. because a guy with perfect skin who acts like an arrogant jerk all the time can look like a disgusting pig to me. girls ultimately want the personality. i know i sure as hell do.

so don't get down on yourselves. even to those severe cases of acne. i know it's impossible to feel good about yourself at this point in time, but i feel that sometimes you just have to force yourself. get out there and take control of your life because there is no reason... no reason any of you should be miserable.

feel better guys.

Acne is a lot easier to change than a personality.

Edit: All right, I'm just hijacking the thread and being an idiot. You can ignore me. I agree with you, by the way. It's much easier for a guy to get away with having bad skin. Guys are even supposed to have smooth or supple skin. Look at the chicks every one of the Rolling Stones got. Edit: Okay, so they're also rock stars, but you get my point. Only boys have perfect skin; not men.

it is much much easier for a guy. so you all shouldn't complain! :wub:

but it's tough for either side, it's all about how you view yourself. if you're happy with who you are, there's no stopping you! i just hope everyone ends up pulling through and being better than okay in the end. some people on here worry me.

some people on here worry me.

like who??

you worry me, forbawston.. i had a dream about some angels.. one of them was you. we danced on the clouds, and you said you'd show me your secret hideout...next thing i know i'm in a dungeon with satan...you're a trap. :(

that cmcalister character... the one that posted the topic called 'goodbye cruel world' under the emotional affects of acne. that's horrible to even think about and i can only pray that he is alright.

;) and i'm no trap!

Well no one likes infections on there face. People stress about it because they never go away not for the simple fact they are there.

Imagine jumping into a pool of pure crap. Sure you can always wash it off but imagine if you couldnt? This is the same with acne. Just the fact that we cant get rid of it stresses people out.

Im usually not one to get upset about acne. I do every so often but i get over it and go on with my life. I know this isnt possible with many, and its a veyr udnerstandable reason.

that metaphor is like... perfect. just to let you know.

jumping into a pool of crap and not being able to get it off.

couldn't have said it better myself.

that metaphor is like... perfect. just to let you know.

jumping into a pool of crap and not being able to get it off.

couldn't have said it better myself.

Sarcasm? :angel:

no!! no seriously i thought it was good! it's kind of hard to tell when someones being sincere on the internet, but i promise i am.

lol making sure :)

What bothers me more than acne is dry skin... I can live with a red blotch or a pimple but dry skin... ghaaaa worst thing ever. With me no amount of moisturizer helps. :boohoo:

I think im a decent looking guy at least. But thats nothing without the attitude. Dry skin takes that away from me. I hope it goes away soon... ive been living with this patch of dryness for a week already!!!!!

Its funny though because the dryness is where pimples used to be (im on tane btw).

Ill wait a week before i kill someone about it :lol:

(that one was a joke :cool:)

Guest Spike Rules89

but having good skin still helps.

Girls can be attractive and still have spots

but having good skin still helps.

Girls can be attractive and still have spots

Couldnt have said it better myself :)

Actually one of the hottest girls i know has moderate acne :dance:

:)

i HATE DRY SKIN. MANNN! especially when it makes your face all red and splotchy! i'm on tane as well... and my face is totally clearr with virtually no scarring and a few red marks except for these two horrible cysts that have been on my face since like december and are huge and not going anywhere. i'm on 30 mg a day and i just started on my third month. i think i might have to look into the injections soon. how far along on tane are you? i hope it's going well for you. you aren't the only one experiencing dry skin! oh, i know how it can make you look so much worse! but i'm sure it'll be just fine in the end- for all of us on it. i have faith in this medicine.

it definitely does help, there's no denying it. but it WILL go away! so just hang in there, it's only temporary.

Im almost 3.5 monthes in at 80 mg. I actually only broke out because i ate chocolate (seems to be my trigger). Ive been clear for a month after having severe acne (ive got almost 40 red marks to prove it. They are very faded from 2 years ago but sitll there).

Im happy with my progress.

I never got cysts though. Just alooooooooot of nodular acne.

Now tha ti thinka bout it, i did have one but it cleared up quickly

Its reassuring to know im not alone on the dry skin issue :)

okay. let me just say that even before i had my acne i still thought guys with acne were so incredibly attractive. one of my ex boyfriends actually had quite a bit of acne, and he was gorgeous. i couldn't get enough of him. also, there is a guy in our school who has the worst case of acne i have ever seen on anyone and he is going out with one of the prettiest girls in our school.

honest to god, if you have an incredible personality, if you want to have fun and laugh and if you're a sweet and understanding person, you don't need the looks. personality can make or break a person. and i strongly believe this. because a guy with perfect skin who acts like an arrogant jerk all the time can look like a disgusting pig to me. girls ultimately want the personality. i know i sure as hell do.

so don't get down on yourselves. even to those severe cases of acne. i know it's impossible to feel good about yourself at this point in time, but i feel that sometimes you just have to force yourself. get out there and take control of your life because there is no reason... no reason any of you should be miserable.

feel better guys.

I didn't even read the whole post and I was feeling better about myself. :D

well im sure i'm not right about a lot of things.

but this i've got a pretty good feeling about. :angel:

You are right I've seen guys with mild acne who has no problem getting a girlfriend etc just because their personalities are very outgoing. Unfortuneatly I'm not that kind of a guy :P