Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys,

I keep reading about moisturrisers with AHA in them but I have no idea what AHA is. I have alot of red marks so Im guesing it might help me but where do I buy it from. Are there different brands? And how long would you wait after starting the regien to try it? I have been on the regimen for just over a week.Thanks!

AHA is alpha hydroxy acid, which is either glycolic or lactic acid (thers a third one i forget it). These acids gently exfoliate the skin, ridding it of dead skin cells that clog pores and cause acne. Not only does it fade red marks but its quite benefitial for acne.

if you are gonna use one wait about a week or if you arnt hella dry two weeks.so it doesn't burn your sensitive skin which it will be sensitive from bp.dont forget you need a mositerizer with a sunblock in it whiel using bp.thats very important for your skin becuase sun damage can give yo ucan and worsen acne.so you really need one.eucerine(the one recomended in th eregimen by dan) is the best best.works hella good i use to use it.didn't make you shinny but a little red because of the AHA which all AHA will do to you.you dot need them but if yo ureally want to use it go for it.