Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i used dove sensitive skin exclusivly for 4 years while i was on Retin-A. From what remember it didn't make things worse or better but this could be do to the Retin-A but its a decent soap i give it 3 out of 5 cookies ^^

I've been using Dove sensitive skin in the shower for the past two weeks... Not sure it's that great a product. I've noticed more bumpiness on my skin since using it, but that could be happening for a multitude of reasons. I actually like Irish Spring better for the face (yeah i know it's drying... but for some reason I think it helps my skin...)

i a bought CVS brand of dove and i bought it bc it was a moisturizing bar and didnt have alot of the crap inti that normal soap had plus there was no fragrance or artificial color .. i must say the best bar i ever used was Basis Vitamin Bar expensive for 1 bar .. but awsome! it made my face nice and moisturized and didnt break out at all.

I had tried washing with Dove before (I believe it was the unscented one for sensitive skin and I may have tried two others), but must not have been crazy about it as I didn't stick with it. I like to use Dove Nutrium for my body, and recently started using it on my face for simplicity, and it is going well - I have no complaints. I wash quickly but thoroughly and I am pleased with it. So I think it might depend on the kind of bar as there are several.

I think with most bars of soap (even Dove, though it is often considered one of the most gentle ones), there can be a drying effect, even if only slight. I wash with this, then spritz rose water, and if there is any slight flaking, I simply wipe with a cloth.

I don't think it makes it better or worse necessarily, but can be a good basic product to cleanse the skin if you are using a treatment for acne as well.

On another note: The night moisturizer is probably one of the moisturizers I have used that has felt the nicest on my skin.

Firts off, I was thinking of giving it a go and was wondering if it would block my pores. I also wnated to know other peoples experiences with it.

dove soap is the only thing i use. Can dry a little but not as much as other soaps. I have used it occasionally while on tane too with no probs

It contains detergents and irritants that can damage your skin barrier ... I wouldn't use it ...

sodium cocoyl isethionate (synthetic detergent)

sodium isethionate (synthetic detergent)

tetrasodium EDTA (synthetic preservative - can be irritating to the eyes/mucous membranes)

trisodium etidronate (preservative, possible irritant)

i got the new dove bar soap that is fragrence free and hypoallergenic, also derm. recomended for sensitive skin. I notticed it has evened out my skin tone a bit. It still dries out my Tzone but not as much as everything else did. I still get the occasional zit here and there just like i did with other cleansers. I would recomend this product.

Yeah people have to realize the new unscented one is totally different from the sensitive skin one..

but if you know the incredients and would like to debate a little lol I would be interested to know if it has any stuff in it that can damage the barrier..although I did a little bit of research and found good things.

my derm rec'd dove soap. either the original or the sensitive skin one. I prefer the sensitive skin. I use it in the mornings (am on tazorac) or at night.. (I keep it in the shower)

my cousin completely cleared her skin with it. sometimes simple is better.

but as a cleanser for a regimen that uses harsher acne products (like Dan's, or tazorac, or what have you) i think it is gentle and compliments a routine!

I give it 5 stars :)

I switched from Dove to Purpose cleanser and within 3 weeks I noticed my acne significantly lowered.

I don't think it's a coincidence.

Dove is also REALLY drying. I also used the sensitive bar. I used Dove for about a year.

I switched from Dove to Purpose cleanser and within 3 weeks I noticed my acne significantly lowered.

I don't think it's a coincidence.

Dove is also REALLY drying. I also used the sensitive bar. I used Dove for about a year.

Wierd. Purpose dries me out terribly, but Dove is fine. ha.

i guess like all skincare products, mileage may vary!

One of my friends met someone who had perfect skin and they asked her what she used and she said she just uses a bar of dove soap, rubs it in her hands and then sprinkles a little sugar in it. She said it really helps and my friend tried it and it's actually working! And her skin is clearing up too.

I had acne REALLY bad, I seriously tried everything from baking soda to even proactive and none of it worked. The way I figured out how to get rid of it was by actually figuring out what type of skin you have on your face. There are so many different types it was crazy. I learned how to figure out the type I had from http://3bc412fzyw4y2r7xv49tow933g.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=ACNE . This was the product that really saved my social life and im finally all cleared up. Hope it helps!

I personally think Dove works...for me anyways! I tryed everything and I accidently one day tryed using Dove (due to the fact I ran out of my medicated face wash when I was out of town on vacation) and been using it ever since and suddenly my acne disappeared within weeks! I also kept in mind that one of my guy friends told me it help prevented his skin from getting any pimples...I didn't believe him!

Although it probably doesn't work for everyone. I also think it depends on your skin as well if its dry or oily. Mine was oily...it probably works best for those with oily skin. It's true it does make your skin dry after use...that's why in my personal opinion works best with those who are more prone to have oily skin! I also experimented, using different soap and face wash after I have use Dove to actually see if it works...and low and behold I started breaking out!! So back to Dove it is..I love it because it's an inexpensive treatment for good skin care!! I love it... :angel:

I use the Dove beauty bar (the fresh touch one). It smells lovely and it costs around $1.50 for a bar of soap. I use it once a day because I don't have time to use it more than once and I think it's alright.